Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

+11
Smudge
Panda
Badboy
wjk
AnnaEsse
chrissie
kitti
jd16
malena stool
pooh
fred
15 posters

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18

Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Empty Re: Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Chris Tue 11 Sep - 6:50

Angelina wrote:Went to the Paralympics on Tuesday - saw athletics. View from everywhere in the stadium is good, we had seats just above the long jump area and had a great view.

Just got back from the London parade. Atmosphere was terrific!

Parade was great wasn't it. Aired my GM uniform for the last time with a few others and managed to get a "front row seat" on the Strand. It was quite moving when those on the floats were thanking and clapping us as they went past a few feet away. I guess Murray won't be too disappointed he missed a great day either.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :
Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Empty Re: Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Smudge Tue 11 Sep - 7:45

The only disappointment for me was that they had to end.
So many people said it would be a disaster and it would all go wrong and yes there were a couple of things which could have been done better but overall it was fantastic.
I get emotional easily anyway but I've never cried so much with and for the athletes, both those who won and those who lost.

It just goes to show what the people of Great Britain can do when they all pull together. I have seen a huge difference in people over the summer.
People in doctors waiting rooms who normally sit in silence were discussing the games, strangers at bus stops were speaking to each other, such a shame it had to end.
Smudge
Smudge
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 103
Warning :
Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Tue 11 Sep - 13:49

Chris wrote:
Angelina wrote:Went to the Paralympics on Tuesday - saw athletics. View from everywhere in the stadium is good, we had seats just above the long jump area and had a great view.

Just got back from the London parade. Atmosphere was terrific!

Parade was great wasn't it. Aired my GM uniform for the last time with a few others and managed to get a "front row seat" on the Strand. It was quite moving when those on the floats were thanking and clapping us as they went past a few feet away. I guess Murray won't be too disappointed he missed a great day either.

It certainly was. We managed to get about the 3rd row in the crowd and could see and hear the athletes. They were clapping us and we were clapping them, lol. We didn't know anything about the flypast so when we were walking over Westminster Bridge we wondered what the hell was going on when the BA plane came over and then, of course, the Awak and the red arrows....what a site and what a great place to have been standing to see it all.

I should think Murray is celebrating big time now.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Tue 11 Sep - 13:51

Smudge wrote:The only disappointment for me was that they had to end.
So many people said it would be a disaster and it would all go wrong and yes there were a couple of things which could have been done better but overall it was fantastic.
I get emotional easily anyway but I've never cried so much with and for the athletes, both those who won and those who lost.

It just goes to show what the people of Great Britain can do when they all pull together. I have seen a huge difference in people over the summer.
People in doctors waiting rooms who normally sit in silence were discussing the games, strangers at bus stops were speaking to each other, such a shame it had to end.

I must admit I was totally disinterested in the whole thing until I saw the opening ceremony.

I think as a country we needed something to give us a big boost. So often we are rubbished by other countries, it's good now to see news reports of how well we have done with the Olympics.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 11 Sep - 14:11

I thought Boris's speach was great.I like the idea there will be a lot of babies named after the Athletes ! Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 294124

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue 11 Sep - 18:20

Angelina wrote:
I think as a country we needed something to give us a big boost. So often we are rubbished by other countries, it's good now to see news reports of how well we have done with the Olympics.

I understand sales of Mad Max 2 DVDs have soared with people trying to recapture the spirit of the paralympic closing ceremony. Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 25346
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Tue 11 Sep - 19:29

Makes you proud to be British for once!!

I hear Boris come up with an idea for London to host a Golden Olympics of athletes I think he said
over 50 (or may have been over 40) so all the heroes from the past can take part. Hope this comes off, only at idea stage at moment I think.
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 Empty Olympics and Paralympics 2012 (and now the legacy-part one)

Post  Lioned Tue 11 Sep - 21:43

I also hope they will have major championships for the schools.I hope it will now become clear what a big mistake it will be to lease the stadium to one football club.I would imagine in due course there will be a 'mega national' sponsor deal. Also how ridiculous do FIFA now look giving the World Cup to Quatar ?

Last edited by Lioned on Tue 11 Sep - 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Wed 12 Sep - 19:44

lioned - Also how ridiculous do FIFA now look giving the World Cup to Quatar ?.

VERY! Olympics and Paralympics  2012 (and now the legacy-part one) - Page 18 944533
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 18 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18