Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rocks

+17
victor mendez
Panda
Issalind
AnnaEsse
pennylane
bootsy
hales
fred
margaret
ELI
almostgothic
mumbles
Lioned
Bobsy
mulberry babe
matthew
Badboy
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Rocks - Page 2 Empty Re: The Rocks

Post  hales Fri 10 Jun - 18:33

I don't think the renault was ever used to move a body, I reckon there was something like a blanket or sheet that was used on the night that was in contact with a cadaver which couldn't be disposed of at the time and that this was later transported in the hired car.
hales
hales

Number of posts : 28
Warning :
The Rocks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Rocks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  bootsy Fri 10 Jun - 23:10

Just as Kate seems to drop hints in her book,Gerry did the same in his daily blogs:This could almost be a confession............From Gerry's blogs:

"Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand."
"An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended."

"Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear."
Tuesday at 20:57 ·LikeUnlike · ·UnsubscribeSubscribe
bootsy
bootsy
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 258
Warning :
The Rocks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Rocks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Fri 10 Jun - 23:30

Bootsy

Yes - I read this a while ago and thought the same. It's really strange that the human brain as the ability to do this - regardless how hard we try to suppress what is worrying us the most - out it comes like a form of release. I think if the brain didn't do this occasionally one would go round the bend.

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Issalind Sat 11 Jun - 2:25

bootsy wrote:Just as Kate seems to drop hints in her book,Gerry did the same in his daily blogs:This could almost be a confession............From Gerry's blogs:

"Sometimes people do things for reasons that even they cannot understand."
"An act of madness, an accident or sudden impulse can lead to consequences that people may never have imagined or intended."

"Faced with such a situation we believe any human soul will ultimately suffer torment and feelings of guilt and fear."
Tuesday at 20:57 ·LikeUnlike · ·UnsubscribeSubscribe

Yes, the act of madness was maybe giving the children the maximum dose of a sedative such as Calpol Night (see footnote), which led to Madeleine's accidental death, which led to a sudden impulse to conceal what had happened by claiming she had been abducted.

NOTE: Calpol Night was withdrawn from the UK market in 2009 because studies had shown it to be unsuitable for children under 6 yrs. Side effects included hallucinations, allergic reactions, nausea and vomiting.
Issalind
Issalind

Female
Number of posts : 12
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Jun - 8:37

Issalind wrote:
Yes, the act of madness was maybe giving the children the maximum dose of a sedative such as Calpol Night (see footnote), which led to Madeleine's accidental death, which led to a sudden impulse to conceal what had happened by claiming she had been abducted.

NOTE: Calpol Night was withdrawn from the UK market in 2009 because studies had shown it to be unsuitable for children under 6 yrs. Side effects included hallucinations, allergic reactions, nausea and vomiting.

Well Kate says in the book (p 75) that she checked the twins for "basically, for some sign of life"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 8:59

" I had promised my daughter and myself that I would return to Luz, and it had taken a long while for me to be able to do so both safely and in peace. In the middle of winter the village was tranquil. Gerry and I were able to seek solace at Nossa Senhora da Luz, I spent time at my rocks on the beach and we caught up with friends. To this day I still return quietly to Luz from time to time to feel Madeleine close to me."

What happened on the 1st Anniversary of Madeleine"s disappearance Kate and Gerry?????? Neither of you could visit the Church where a Special
Service was held for your Daughter , but it seems the only times you go back to Portugal is to deal with Legal Matters and promote the Book. Oh, and
take part in a T.V. Programme commemorating the 2nd Anniversary.

Kate really does take the biscuit.!!!1 In fact, the only person who attended the Service in PDL was John McCann as Chairman of the Fund. Not one of the
Tapas Group, Madeleiene"s Relatives ..... what a shallow lot.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 11 Jun - 10:10

If that had been one of my children who was abducted, and the Police needed my friends back to do a reconstruction, well I would have been dragging them back by the hair. "Sorry,we have work committments" just wouldn't cut it with me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 11 Jun - 11:36

carmen wrote:
Issalind wrote:

Well Kate says in the book (p 75) that she checked the twins for "basically, for some sign of life"

carmen

WHAT!

"for some sign of life" - this is awful - no wonder she had to start suggesting the abductor may have sedated them. Why on earth didn't she immediately say this when the Police arrived on evening of the 3rd May.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 11 Jun - 11:54

Iris wrote:If that had been one of my children who was abducted, and the Police needed my friends back to do a reconstruction, well I would have been dragging them back by the hair. "Sorry,we have work committments" just wouldn't cut it with me.

Good grief, Iris, the gruesome twosome's mates "voloontaarily" gave statements in the UK! What more do you expect when their friends' wee daughter has allegedly been taken by a paedophile. The Rocks - Page 2 Rolleyes
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 11 Jun - 12:13

carmen wrote:
Issalind wrote:

So, Kate McCann judged that the twins were in such a bad state that she was checking 'for some sign of life,' but she didn't think she needed to get them checked out? What kind of doctor is that?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Issalind Sat 11 Jun - 13:44

AnnaEsse wrote:
carmen wrote:
Issalind wrote:

So, Kate McCann judged that the twins were in such a bad state that she was checking 'for some sign of life,' but she didn't think she needed to get them checked out? What kind of doctor is that?

A doctor who already knows what a hospital lab would find in their bloodstream and who also knows who gave it to them! The Rocks - Page 2 15327
Issalind
Issalind

Female
Number of posts : 12
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 11 Jun - 13:54

It was Fiona Payne who stayed with Kate while everyone was out searching. Fiona says Kate was banging her fists against a Wall and every so often
going to the Twins cots and putting her finger under their noses to ensure they were still breathing. Since Fiona had mentioned this in her Statement
Kate had no alternative but to include it in her Book.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  victor mendez Sat 11 Jun - 19:19

I never understood why the twins were never woken up A) to make sure they weren't drugged/interfered with and B) to try to question them. It's hardly leaving no stone unturned when you don't even question the twins whether they saw something or not. Had to be worth a try IMO.
victor mendez
victor mendez
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 252
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 11 Jun - 23:19

victor mendez wrote:I never understood why the twins were never woken up A) to make sure they weren't drugged/interfered with and B) to try to question them. It's hardly leaving no stone unturned when you don't even question the twins whether they saw something or not. Had to be worth a try IMO.

This came up on the Paul Drockton Radio Show that Steve was on ( author of 'Faked Abduction' ) and he mentioned that Gerry said when he was initially interviewed that the twins were unable to speak and understand - yet they were about 2 years old and asked where Madeleine is and when is she coming back.

Also something else he mentions about is that initially we (the taxpayer) paid for Clarence Mitchell because he was seconded from the Foreign Office. I didn't realise we paid for him.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 12 Jun - 0:27

Angelique wrote:
carmen wrote:
Issalind wrote:

carmen

WHAT!

"for some sign of life" - this is awful - no wonder she had to start suggesting the abductor may have sedated them. Why on earth didn't she immediately say this when the Police arrived on evening of the 3rd May.

Why did Kate's legal team or proof readers let this go? This is very incriminating IMO

Last edited by marxman on Sun 12 Jun - 0:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sun 12 Jun - 0:56

marxman

I agree its almost as if she can't help herself. If anyone else had said this after a child had gone missing they would certainly want to investigate it.

Also talking of sedation I have found this in the PJ files.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

"Finally, the fact that, despite all that confusion and all that noise, the twins continued to sleep, as mentioned by GNR Officer José Maria Baptista Roque, a member of the patrol that was first to arrive at the apartment "the children never woke up, remaining in a ventral decubitus position, not moving during the search and afterwards" [28], remains unexplained. Nevertheless, a Team from the Criminal Police Lab, on the 4th of May 2007, eliminated the existence of any product that could have been ministered to the missing child, in order to maintain her in a state of unconsciousness, as well as the presence of blood traces."
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Ollybelle Sun 12 Jun - 9:33

Panda wrote:

It was Fiona Payne who stayed with Kate while everyone was out searching. Fiona says Kate was banging her fists against a Wall and every so often
going to the Twins cots and putting her finger under their noses to ensure they were still breathing. Since Fiona had mentioned this in her Statement
Kate had no alternative but to include it in her Book
Good old Fiona The Rocks - Page 2 307691

I dont think this is why Kate mentioned checking the twins for signs of life - I think this is because she is not sure if anyone has any of the twins DNA from early days. If it was tested for sedatives and was positive she can say she thought something was wrong and the abductor did it.
Ollybelle
Ollybelle
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 177
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jun - 10:01

Panda wrote:

But Kate makes no mention of placing her fingers under their noses to see if they were breathing - her method of checking was to place her hands on their backs.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jun - 14:05

Panda wrote:

Where does Fiona say that Kate was putting her fingers under the twins' noses to check that they were breathing? From Fiona's rogatory interview (on MCF):

“No, and that was the other thing, she kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay. But they were okay, I mean, they were fine, they didn’t, they were asleep, but at the time it did seem weird, I remember thinking, you know, when the Police came they turned the lights on, there was loads of noise, obviously from the moment Kate discovered that Madeleine was gone, the screaming and the shouting and there was a lot of noise and they, they didn’t, you know, so much as blink”.

PS this is the only interview (April 2008) that Fiona gives where she mentions Kate checking the twins.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 12 Jun - 23:19

carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Where does Fiona say that Kate was putting her fingers under the twins' noses to check that they were breathing? From Fiona's rogatory interview (on MCF):

“No, and that was the other thing, she kept going into the twins, she kept putting her hands on the twins to check they were breathing, she was very much concerned in checking that they were okay. But they were okay, I mean, they were fine, they didn’t, they were asleep, but at the time it did seem weird, I remember thinking, you know, when the Police came they turned the lights on, there was loads of noise, obviously from the moment Kate discovered that Madeleine was gone, the screaming and the shouting and there was a lot of noise and they, they didn’t, you know, so much as blink”.

PS this is the only interview (April 2008) that Fiona gives where she mentions Kate checking the twins.

Bump
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Sun 12 Jun - 23:48

carmen wrote:
carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Bump
Not a good doctor, our Kate... Double bump...
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
The Rocks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100The Rocks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jun - 0:12

docmac wrote:
carmen wrote:
carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Bump

I'm interested in the discrepancy - because I have vague memories of 'fingers under noses'. But when I checked Fiona's statements, the checking on the twins was only mentioned in the rogatory, as c&p'd above. And of course both of them (Kate and Fiona) are anaesthetists The Rocks - Page 2 192282
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  docmac Mon 13 Jun - 0:20

carmen wrote:
docmac wrote:
carmen wrote:
carmen wrote:
Panda wrote:

Bump

I'm interested in the discrepancy - because I have vague memories of 'fingers under noses'. But when I checked Fiona's statements, the checking on the twins was only mentioned in the rogatory, as c&p'd above. And of course both of them (Kate and Fiona) are anaesthetists The Rocks - Page 2 192282
Neither of them came anywhere close to qualifying as anaesthetists. Be that as as may, even a student nurse would not consider putting one's hands on the back would be of any use at all under these circumstances.
docmac
docmac
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1936
Warning :
The Rocks - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100The Rocks - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 13 Jun - 0:46

docmac wrote:
carmen wrote:
docmac wrote:
carmen wrote:
carmen wrote:

Bump

Neither of them came anywhere close to qualifying as anaesthetists. Be that as as may, even a student nurse would not consider putting one's hands on the back would be of any use at all under these circumstances.

I'm not disagreeing with you. But WHY have so many blogs said that Kate/Fiona placed their fingers under twins noses - whilst neither Fiona's statement nor Kate book make any reference to that - just placing hands on twins backs?? I'm not accusing Panda of making it up - because I have vague memories of that too. But when you check out the statements/book - it's this 'feeling back' lark!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2