Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun denies Hacking

+8
buildersbum
Panda
chrissie
kitti
widowan
wjk
halfamo
margaret
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Sun denies Hacking  Empty The Sun denies Hacking

Post  Panda Wed 13 Jul - 9:13

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/News-International-Denies-Seeing-Medical-Records-Of-Gordon-Browns-Son-To-Reveal-His-Cystic-Fibrosis/Article/201107216028653?lpos=UK_News_Right_Promo_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_16028653_News_International_Denies_Seeing_Medical_Records_Of_Gordon_Browns_Son_To_Reveal_His_Cystic_Fibrosis

osted by: Martin1962a from U.K. on July 12, 2011 5:58 PM
Posted by: Chris R. on July 12, 2011 5:46 PM

"..." I have said it before 'THE MEDIA IN THIS COUNTRY ARE TOTALLY
OUT OF CONTROL' ..., we desperately need new Privacy Laws NOW !!!"

What they did is already illegal.
You want new laws that say "it's reallly, really, really illegal"?

The Sun denies Hacking  No-user-imagePosted by: Chris R. on July 12, 2011 5:46 PM
I
am no Fan of Gordon Brown, after the mess he left this Country in ....,
however, as a fellow Special Needs Parent, along with David Cameron, my
heart goes out to Gordon and Sarah Brown ..., what an awful predicament
and painful invasion of their privacy at such a difficult time.

I have said it before 'THE MEDIA IN THIS COUNTRY ARE TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL' ..., we desperately need new Privacy Laws NOW !!!

I suspect that EVERY newspaper in the Country has been Hacking people's
Personal and Confidential Data ...., only when these Newspaper Editors,
Journalists and Owners are behind Bars, can the British People again
have faith in the Police, Judicial System and indeed the Media ....,
this is going to be a long drawn out affair, any sense of a cover-up and
the establishment will never recover.

The Sun denies Hacking  545944ab-55f9-431c-89f4-abb4df8b3076.SmallPosted by: Old Harry from Everywhere. on July 12, 2011 5:46 PM
I'd
find this more offensive, if it hadn't been Brown's government that was
going to collect 50+ items of personal information about every one of
us and store it on a national database, selling off parts of it the
private companies to cover the costs.
Then there was his plan to have every child in the country on another database.

Given the incompetence/corruption of government employees when it comes
to protectinjg such data. Would you have wanted either of those
databases to be created?

We don't need one law for politician's family and another law for the rest of us.

The Sun denies Hacking  No-user-imagePosted by: Oricus on July 12, 2011 5:46 PM
I wouldn't trust a single word that comes out of Gordan Brown's mouth!

Wanting centre stage is what springs to mind when I read this story!

Showing 1 to 10 of 430

The Article is too long to copy and paste, it"s got pictures The Sun denies Hacking  294124 anyway, I thought these comments were more interesting.

Last edited by Panda on Wed 13 Jul - 9:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding info)
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Sun denies Hacking  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun denies Hacking  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

The Sun denies Hacking  Empty Re: The Sun denies Hacking

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 11:00

I know we all knew that everybody was up murdochs arse but actually hearing it from someone on sky made it seem real.

He said that Murdoch used to meet with editors and mp's on a regular basis and talk about stories that will be airing in the newspapers and how they would 'spin' there story to make it more sensational until the story was quite unrecognisable, in other words, make up parts off it that were obvious lies.

Whatever we read in the papers itsnt the original story that it started off with.."the beginning is true......the middle are lies and the end.....the end is how they want us to perceive the end to be..."

As far as the Gordon brown story goes......how did this man get hold off Information about browns son in the first place....it was confidential

Makes me wonder if Murdoch knew all along about hacking and turned a blind eye.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The Sun denies Hacking  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun denies Hacking  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 13 Jul - 11:10

Kittie, it was supposedly a Guy who also has a Son with Cb who heard that Gordon Brown"s Son also had Cb and decided to make it public to show that
it can affect anyone........no name for the Guy obviously. The comments show just what any decent person thinks of this whole set-up.....will it stop
regular readers from buying the Sun, I think not.!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 13 Jul - 11:13

kitti, the sun is saying a man came to them with the info whose son was suffering from CF, so where did this man get the info? He could have been the person who hacked into the records and the sun is trying to wriggle out of it - did the man get that info for the sun, or do it off his own bat?

I also disagree with the sun saying Gordon Brown gave them his 'consent' to run the story, in what way? I don't believe for a second they wouldn't have run it if he said no.

Panda, l loved this comment 'What they did is already illegal. You want new laws that say "it's reallly, really, really illegal"?'

The Sun denies Hacking  23324 The Sun denies Hacking  23324 The Sun denies Hacking  23324
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 13 Jul - 11:24

margaret wrote:kitti, the sun is saying a man came to them with the info whose son was suffering from CF, so where did this man get the info? He could have been the person who hacked into the records and the sun is trying to wriggle out of it - did the man get that info for the sun, or do it off his own bat?

I also disagree with the sun saying Gordon Brown gave them his 'consent' to run the story, in what way? I don't believe for a second they wouldn't have run it if he said no.

Panda, l loved this comment 'What they did is already illegal. You want new laws that say "it's reallly, really, really illegal"?'

The Sun denies Hacking  23324 The Sun denies Hacking  23324 The Sun denies Hacking  23324

I know The Sun denies Hacking  294124 I said the comment were more interesting than the Article.!!! There are lots more, I have to go out soon but will fish some more out
later on. It says something that they are allowed,!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 11:25

Didn't Rebekah brooks ring up brown and tell him they were going to do the story.

Why would she ring him up if he already knew they we're going to run with it.

It makes it look like she rang him up to warn him that a story was going to break the next day about his son.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

The Sun denies Hacking  Empty as above

Post  halfamo Wed 13 Jul - 13:14

I have great difficulty believing the date in the Sun i always double check.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 13 Jul - 13:20

halfamo wrote:I have great difficulty believing the date in the Sun i always double check.

The Sun denies Hacking  294124
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 13 Jul - 13:39

halfamo wrote:I have great difficulty believing the date in the Sun i always double check.
Me too, mo. Can't believe a word they say!
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 13 Jul - 14:06

If it's illegal to do what they did someone needs to go to jail and Rebekah Brooks needs to be sacked and pay a huge fine.

They had her on page 7 of the Wall Street Journal (also owned by newsCorp) in what looked like an airline mechanic's striped jump suit with a Sargeant Pepper jacket on, and that witchy hair. She looks like she could be the slightest bit mad.

They are saying that James Murdoch has "tarnished" his image to become the top dog in Daddy's empire - because he told the truth about the fact that it wasn't just one reporter doing this - it was endemic and they misinformed Parliament about it.

So now we know what you need to be successful at News Corp - God forbid execs should tarnish their ability to succeed by telling the truth.

It says the UK government will back Labour in opposing this bskyb bid but that News Corp is going to go ahead with it.

the breaking apart of the papers does not appear to make financial sense since they are not very profitable and no one would want to buy them, besides, they are Murdoch's "favorite" division - why not, it gives him control over the brainwashing of the public.

How much do I hate that the Wall Street Journal is part of this? It's always been a conservative paper but now in my mind it's tarred with the same propaganda brush as NOW. I'm cancelling it and getting the Washington Post or NY Times.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 13 Jul - 14:12

Widowan, have you seen much in the media about the possiblilty of 9/11 victims being hacked? How is this possibility going down with the American public?
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 757
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 13 Jul - 14:13

kitti wrote:I know we all knew that everybody was up murdochs arse but actually hearing it from someone on sky made it seem real.

He said that Murdoch used to meet with editors and mp's on a regular basis and talk about stories that will be airing in the newspapers and how they would 'spin' there story to make it more sensational until the story was quite unrecognisable, in other words, make up parts off it that were obvious lies.

Whatever we read in the papers itsnt the original story that it started off with.."the beginning is true......the middle are lies and the end.....the end is how they want us to perceive the end to be..."

As far as the Gordon brown story goes......how did this man get hold off Information about browns son in the first place....it was confidential

Makes me wonder if Murdoch knew all along about hacking and turned a blind eye.

This is shocking kitti. Who is the "he" who says Murdoch used to meet with the editors AND MPS and tell them how he wanted it spun?

Thinking of the McCann story - the beginning "missing child" was true., we haven't got to the end yet, and the middle, it would appear, is all lies and they now famcy themselves in the publishing business as well with their book on Madeleine. Since they can't be in government due to their own SCANDAL and can't be advocates for child protection or try to get rich glomming on to that position, they will go into a field that apparently has no rules other than lie your @ss off to sell a "story" that helps you.

I wonder if Cameron is having a second thought about having SY review the McCann case now?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 14:16

He was on sky news this morning......wish I could remember his name....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 14:18

But we knew that widowan , didnt we, it's just seeing it come from the horses mouth what we think and really knew deep down..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 13 Jul - 14:27

Wallflower wrote:Widowan, have you seen much in the media about the possiblilty of 9/11 victims being hacked? How is this possibility going down with the American public?

I saw this story in the Wall Street Journall and probably only because it too is owned by News Corp. I haven't seen it on the news that average Americans watch - it wouldn't make it onto Fox News or CNN because of course we have been OBSESSED over Casey anthony lately - but it was on page 7 of the Houston Chronicle on Monday which I happen to have - it says about hacking the dead girl's phone and the parents of people who died in the war but does NOT mention 9/11 victim's parents or families. But that was Monday.

It also says that Murdoch is supporting Brooks and they tried to say on their last issue of the paper that "while they praised high standards as they now are only too painfully aware for a period of a few years up to 2006 SOME who worked for us or in our name fell shamefully short" - well this is just B*ll*cks everyone knows it wasn't their high standards being undercut by one or two reporters, they tried that nonsense on Parliament and James had to go back and correct the statement. It was their policy and Brooks has already admitted she knew OF it in general although supposedly not spefics about who. I DONT BELIEVE HER.

They said some of the 200 journos being laid off from NOW appeard to sneak in their own messages in the last papers, to Brooks, who kept her job. "woman stares wildly at calamity" was one clue and the answer, Disaster - also in that cross word puzzle was Brook, stink, catastrophe, and "criminal enterprise" - a second puzzle contained hint "string of recordings" -

This was Monday and it says that the Guardian recently turned over to police memos that indicate News Int was aware that phone hacking was more widespread than acknowledged and brought out about the BBC saying the police were getting paid off for info.

"The paper's demise does not end the questions surrounding Murdoch's media conglomerate, which has been hugely influential in British policis for years. Chief among them, what did Murdoch and Brooks know about the actions of NOW journalists??"

I will have to go get a Chronicle for today and see what it says, the Wall Street Journal being part of the conglomerate that makes up news to fit a rich old b@stard's ideas of what the world should be like, I don't trust them. the Chronicle may be a little too home town for me but at least it's not part of this stink fest... is it?
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 13 Jul - 14:33

kitti wrote:But we knew that widowan , didnt we, it's just seeing it come from the horses mouth what we think and really knew deep down..

Yes, we did know it, but I'd been told I was MAD for so long I was beginning to believe it myself. After all, how could McCanns really be that powerful, etc. It was not that they were that powerful, to make the whole publishing world and UK government cover it up and spin it - that is the way the Murdoch empire rolls, and now we have it from their own mouths.

It IS all part of a conspiracy if you would call it that, actually more of a habitual way of doing business that many people are aware of but simply don't talk about because it's clearly wrong and tacky but CLARENCE would have known - - McCanns may not have known that on May 3rd but they sure figured it out quickly and we then have them dining with Matthew Freud's father Lucien in his villa or whatever. Using JKR's pubicist and thinking they are media darlings.

I hope that if any lying was done on this story - well we KNOW there was lying done and failure to report the truth - it comes out as part of this and bites them in the @ss!!

They are now part of this scandal like it or not, don't tell ME the story of the decade got different treatment to what other stories got, they did start with the truth and then lie, lie, lie.

I don't think Murdoch has a vested interest in how this "turns out" because breaking news that the parents are done for killing their child would be just as big a seller if not bigger than "SY exonerates McCanns: the PJ got it wrong" althou might not make his readers happy.

Last edited by widowan on Wed 13 Jul - 14:40; edited 1 time in total
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Wed 13 Jul - 14:39

margaret wrote:kitti, the sun is saying a man came to them with the info whose son was suffering from CF, so where did this man get the info? He could have been the person who hacked into the records and the sun is trying to wriggle out of it - did the man get that info for the sun, or do it off his own bat?

A man came to them? Was it a man who works for the Sun? Or was paid to give this information by the Sun? as they don't employ cats, that seems a safe bet.

I think this is just nonsense trying to language their way out of having paid for this information and printed it to their shame.

It's slightly less WRONG to print this kind of story if you didn't STEAL it but like the example of a person stealing your laptop off your kitchen table when you had left your window open or door unlocked - they didn't BREAK IN - so it's not as bad -they were trying to make this analogy with hacking, if you dno't password protect your messages then it's not really HACKING. As if that makes it better, to steal someone's private property!

I guess then in that case if you leave your kids sedated and in an unlocked apt and go away, and someone takes one, it's not really an abduction.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 14:40

The thought that editors etc and other people met and had lunch with Murdoch and discussed how a story was to GO.....regardless off how it started or how it really ended.....they made up the middle.....disgusts me.

Lots off time celebs have said.......that's not true, that's no what I really said to them, they have twisted it.....it's true,they did, it wasn't interesting enough to sell papers so let's beef it up a bit.....people's lives and lies spread over 4 or 6 pages every Sunday.....

Mp's cosying up to journos.....police officers lunching with journos......prime minsters inviting editors for Christmas lunch.....why....?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 13 Jul - 14:45

How did this MAN, who, seemingly had a vested interest in CF as he seemingly had a child with it... what the sun is Imlicating is this MAN wanted the world to know that browns son had it as it would HIGHLIGHT CF..don't make sense, what business is it off this MAN to SELL this information prob for money or did it go to the CF foundation ....did it?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 13 Jul - 14:47

Hi Widowan, thanks for that. Times like this, we learn the value of small independent papers.

I'm really surprised that the 9/11 hacking thing isn't being shouted from the hilltops in the States (not surprised that it's not on Fox News of course The Sun denies Hacking  25346 ) I'm guessing in the Wall Street Journal it was a dry, share priced angled story?

With all the devious, currupt things that have been going on. And we have known for years that behind the scenes the newspapers have been using really underhand, dodgy tactics to get stories, but strangely, it never developed into a coherent sense of public outrage. But the Milly Dowler hacking story changed that. The Guardian, who have been plugging away at this quietly for years were amazed at teh way things changed, when they broke that story. I would imagine that any hint that the victims of Sept 11th and their families were being hacked at such a dreadful time would have the same effect on the American psyche.

The 'story' was mentioned in parliament by an MP. I doubt he would have said it if he didn't have concrete evidence.

Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 13 Jul - 14:50

kitti wrote:How did this MAN, who, seemingly had a vested interest in CF as he seemingly had a child with it... what the sun is Imlicating is this MAN wanted the world to know that browns son had it as it would HIGHLIGHT CF..don't make sense, what business is it off this MAN to SELL this information prob for money or did it go to the CF foundation ....did it?

Absolutely agree Kitti.

The Sun is saying:

The dad, who has links with the Brown family, learned of Fraser's condition in the weeks after he was born.

He did not immediately get in touch with The Sun because he fully expected the news to be widely reported.

If he had links, why did he not simply approach the Browns directly rather than the paper?? Makes no sense to me at all.

The Sun denies Hacking  182123
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 13 Jul - 14:52

kitti wrote:How did this MAN, who, seemingly had a vested interest in CF as he seemingly had a child with it... what the sun is Imlicating is this MAN wanted the world to know that browns son had it as it would HIGHLIGHT CF..don't make sense, what business is it off this MAN to SELL this information prob for money or did it go to the CF foundation ....did it?

Kitti, the Sun, Rebekah claim to have a sworn affidavit from this 'father of a child with cystic fibrosis' Although strangely, this man doesn't appear to have a name. Perhaps they're being sensitive or something.

They say that they did nothing illegal. Snort The Sun denies Hacking  294124

They are also trying to claim the moral highground as they were running a story in the only way possible (with someone famous) in order - wait for it - to raise awareness and money for a good cause. It was all done to help Cystic Fibrosis charities.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 13 Jul - 15:53

Wallflower wrote:Hi Widowan, thanks for that. Times like this, we learn the value of small independent papers.

I'm really surprised that the 9/11 hacking thing isn't being shouted from the hilltops in the States (not surprised that it's not on Fox News of course The Sun denies Hacking  25346 ) I'm guessing in the Wall Street Journal it was a dry, share priced angled story?

With all the devious, currupt things that have been going on. And we have known for years that behind the scenes the newspapers have been using really underhand, dodgy tactics to get stories, but strangely, it never developed into a coherent sense of public outrage. But the Milly Dowler hacking story changed that. The Guardian, who have been plugging away at this quietly for years were amazed at teh way things changed, when they broke that story. I would imagine that any hint that the victims of Sept 11th and their families were being hacked at such a dreadful time would have the same effect on the American psyche.

The 'story' was mentioned in parliament by an MP. I doubt he would have said it if he didn't have concrete evidence.

Hi Wallflower Senator Rockefeller has asked for a probe into the affairs of Newscorp so it will all come out in the wash you will be pleased to know. The Sun denies Hacking  25346

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wallflower Wed 13 Jul - 16:52

Hi Panda

Yes, I'm very glad to hear it.
Wallflower
Wallflower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 13 Jul - 17:06

Wallflower wrote:Hi Panda

Yes, I'm very glad to hear it.

Wallflower, Iv"e just posted an interesting article about Newscorp on the Armageddon thread, came across it while reading something else.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next