Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rory Aherne

Go down

Rory Aherne Empty Rory Aherne

Post  Guest Tue 11 Nov - 9:20

Rory Aherne Rory_a10

Rory Aherne (Dublin)

Rory Aherne

Missing from Dublin since 24 Sept 1984

Born: 1967

Height: 5'10

Hair: Red

Eyes: Grey

Build: Slight

Rory (Ruairi) Aherne left his home in Drumconda, Dublin on September 24, 1984 at about 8:00 p.m.. His mother assumed that he was going out to meet with friends when he left. He has never been heard from again. When last seen he was wearing Black trousers, wine coloured bomber jacket and black shoes.

He may be working in North of England: Leeds or Manchester. But he could have travelled to France, maybe further - Australia. Missing for over 20 years - may be working in building industry.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact: Fitzgibbon St. Garda Station on +353-1-6668600

To Rory:

We all love you and think about you constantly. Please try to get in touch through this website or a family member. We know you have built a new life for yourself and respect that. Just try to get in touch. WIth much love and fondest wishes for your birthday in November.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Rory Aherne Empty Re: Rory Aherne

Post  Guest Wed 10 Dec - 19:38

Rory Aherne 87849 He's been missing 20 years. I dont think there is any hope if not one person has seen him all that time
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 16 Jul - 18:34

Rory Aherne Rory_a10

age progressed photo
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 19 Apr - 21:50

Wednesday, September 15, 2004 :

Website offers hope to parents of missing children

By John Breslin
IT was All-Ireland football final day 1984 and Kerry had beaten Dublin in front of nearly 70,000 fans. It was also the day Rory Aherne, who lived in the shadow of the stadium, went missing.

Twenty years on, his disappearance remains a mystery, with no definite sightings or leads.

Rory, 16, left his home in Drumcondra at 8pm that Sunday.

"We assumed he was going to meet his friends," his mother Brigid said, as a website was launched yesterday that shows what Rory would look like now, aged 36.

For Ms Aherne, it's hard to see her son as anything other than the skinny teenager who left the house on September 23, 1984.

"I don't think much of it," She said of the age-enhanced image that stares out from the new website, www.missingkids.ie.

"I don't think it is much like Rory. Rory was very thin. But they got his hair colour right, his red hair."

Rory is one of eight missing children featured on the website. Four disappeared many years ago, the others in more recent times.

Ms Aherne is hopeful her son is still alive "We hope he's safe and happy and doing well, that he just wanted to get away off. It's easier to think like that," she said. Another mother has no

illusions that her daughter will be found alive.

Bernadette Breen is the mother of Ciara, 17 when she went missing from her Co Louth home in 1997.

She does not believe her daughter is alive but feels the website has a role.

"I have no illusions what is waiting for me. I hope this photograph might twig the conscience of someone. My daughter was a teenager when she disappeared. This is an image of a young woman I never got to know," said Ms Breen.

Of the eight featured on the site, four are non-national children who went missing more recently.

Lisa Nwole was 16 when she disappeared two years ago. Her mother Angela has heard nothing from her since. "I was in prison waiting to be deported when they came to tell me that she was missing," she said.

Lisa told friends she feared being sent back to Nigeria and that was the reason she disappeared.

Angela a mother-of- five whose deportation is pending legal action does not understand why Lisa does not get in touch.

"Please come home," she pleaded yesterday.

By chance, on the day the website was launched, one of those featured was found. Madalina Rosu, 16, was recognised as she stepped off a boat at Dublin Port. She had been missing since April.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down