Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl

+9
fred
rammy2
hales
Badboy
Indya
Carolina
malena stool
flower
Annabel
13 posters

Go down

Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Empty Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl

Post  Annabel Thu 28 Jul - 19:34

http://www.inewsone.com/2011/07/28/kashmir-police-deny-finding-missing-british-girl/65649

Posted on 28th July 2011No Responses
Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl

Srinagar, July 28 (IANS) The Jammu and Kashmir Police Thursday denied media reports that a British girl who had reportedly gone missing in Portugal four years ago was found in Leh.

Talking to some media persons here Thursday evening, Abdul Gani Mir, deputy inspector general of police (DIG), said: ‘We have not recovered any missing foreign girl from Leh.’

‘There is no question of carrying out a DNA test since we don’t have the girl. Our field staff in Leh have confirmed that no such girl has been recovered by them.’

‘A British media report said that a girl missing for the last four years from Portugal had been sighted in Leh district of the state. We have no such confirmation from either the police or the district administration,’ the DIG said.

Earlier, a British newspaper report had said a four-year-old British girl, who was allegedly kidnapped while on a holiday in Portugal in 2007, has reportedly been tracked down to Leh city in India’s Jammu and Kashmir state.

The report in the Daily Mail also said the parents of Madeleine McCann are, however, awaiting the results of a DNA test on the girl.

Kate and Gerry McCann’s team of private investigators said they were working with Leh police who were alerted after a British woman spotted a girl she thought to be Madeleine. The abducted girl would now be eight years old.

‘Madeleine was about to celebrate her fourth birthday when she went missing on a family holiday in Praia da Luz, Portugal, in May 2007,’ the daily said.

‘The woman who found the girl raised concerns with other tourists who agreed with her.’

‘An American man even reportedly tried to take the girl from the couple with whom she was.’

‘However, the French woman and her Belgian husband insisted they were the parents of the girl.

‘Leh police have now taken swabs so that DNA tests can be carried out on the girl,’ the Daily Mail report had said.

Kate and Gerry McCann recently launched a book about how she disappeared. Proceeds from the book, titled ‘Madeleine’ go towards the funding of their search for their daughter.

The official Portuguese inquiry into the girl’s disappearance was formally shelved in July 2008.

British Prime Minister David Cameron has also asked Scotland Yard to carry out a review of the investigation, the Daily Mail report said.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Empty Re: Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl

Post  flower Thu 28 Jul - 20:00

Well that's a pretty emphatic reply from the Kashmir Police..............
flower
flower
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 678
Warning :
Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-02

Back to top Go down

Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl Empty Re: Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl

Post  malena stool Thu 28 Jul - 20:05

In my opinion the whole story reeks of Mitchell from day one
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Thu 28 Jul - 20:16

I couldn't believe it when I saw this story on TVI here in Portugal, saying that DNA tests were going to be carried out on a girl in India! Bad journalism is rife everywhere!!
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Indya Thu 28 Jul - 23:17

I feel as if this has been scripted long ago.

It's tragic that the press can no longer be trusted, and even more disturbing that the police, the government, and the church are covering up the truth.
Indya
Indya

Female
Number of posts : 5
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 28 Jul - 23:37

Indya wrote:I feel as if this has been scripted long ago.

It's tragic that the press can no longer be trusted, and even more disturbing that the police, the government, and the church are covering up the truth.
WHY WOULD POLICE,GOVERNMENT AND CHURCH BE COVERING UP TRUTH.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  hales Thu 28 Jul - 23:57

Badboy wrote:
Indya wrote:I feel as if this has been scripted long ago.

WHY WOULD POLICE,GOVERNMENT AND CHURCH BE COVERING UP TRUTH.

Same reason as they cover up lots of things. To save face. To protect themselves.

Look at all the abuse scandals in Ireland over the years when the church, police and government officials all colluded to sweep abuse under the carpet in case it made them look bad in the public eye. This is no different.

A gang of gullible idiots from all walks of life jumped on the McCann bandwagon back in 2007 to make themselves look good and the gutter press kept that wagon rolling for the last four years. They are afraid of the truth getting out as they will all have egg on their faces.
hales
hales

Number of posts : 28
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  rammy2 Fri 29 Jul - 0:00

I think Clarrie is sitting back, sipping his wine, knowing that it was a good job, well done.
Remember, confusion is good - we had a lot of stories coming out today. Madeleine was tops, most of the day. JD.
rammy2

Number of posts : 49
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 29 Jul - 2:14

rammy2 wrote:I think Clarrie is sitting back, sipping his wine, knowing that it was a good job, well done.
Remember, confusion is good - we had a lot of stories coming out today. Madeleine was tops, most of the day. JD.
He might be sitting back now, but one thing I guarantee is that the 30 detectives from Scotland Yard at present involved in the review of this case won't be sitting back, ignoring all this publicity about the very case they're reviewing. They'll be interested in where this story came from, who put it there, did someone lie and if so for what reason, how did the story suddenly get into the British media, what was the aim of getting this bogus story into the media, what was the result, who benefitted from this lie. That's IF Scotland Yard are the cream of Britain's detectives, as we've always been led to believe.

Nothing involving a current case is ever ignored by the detectives investigating it; the smallest incident is carefully noted and studied, that's the way police work is done, why it takes so long sometimes. The police are not the stupid fools people often make them out to be, or at least the vast majority of them aren't. Since Madeleine's case is so high profile, they will be under pressure to investigate everything, to miss nothing, ignore nothing. There will be at least one SY detective scratching his head, wondering how something that their counterparts in India say never happened is still being treated by some interested parties as though it actually HAD happened but the child just wasn't Madeleine. That would raise red flags to any detective worthy of the name and bring him back to the really important questions - WHO BENEFITTED BY THIS STORY? WHAT WAS ITS RESULT?

So if anyone's sitting back think all publicity is good publicity, I'd say they'd better think again. Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl 25346
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 29 Jul - 7:25

Front page of The Express and The Star. FFS!!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 29 Jul - 10:38

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 29 Jul - 11:41

He certainly tells it like it is, doesn't he? Think this is the biggest own goal scored yet, precisely because of the massive amount of publicity it generated. No way will the whole trumped-up story be ignored by Scotland Yard review officers; it'll be up to them to find out who was behind it and who did their best to profit from it in one way or another (and I don't mean solely the newspapers).
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 29 Jul - 11:46

When the SY review was first announced, I made a post about how I wished it would be done quietly, without press statements. Not just because any information would be useful for the perpetrators, but also because the McCanns hate being kept out of the loop. I was hoping at the time that their frustration at being kept out of the loop might well panic them into doing something monumentally stupid. I think this pathetic stunt definitely falls into the 'stupid' category. And illustrates very well the state of mind of those concerned.
This fiasco will not have gone unnoticed by the reviewers.
Own goal most certainly.
Will there be more panic measures in the near future?
I think so.
Will the McCanns have learned anything from their current bout of idiocy?
On past form, not a hope in hell!
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Fri 29 Jul - 11:58

ag, I agree, as I cannot see how any police force investigating the case of a missing child could ever ignore a supposed sighting of her in India, a sighting that is publicised in just about every newspaper and on tv, but that then turns out never to have happened.

An example: if the PSNI here in N Ireland were looking for a missing Ulster child and suddenly the papers were full of the fact that she'd possibly been found in India, that DNA testing was going to take place, that the people she was with had had their passports taken away, that her parents back here in NI were aware of this and were studying photographic evidence ... and then it turned out the Indian police said it had never happened? Would the PSNI just ignore it? Shrug and say 'who cares?' I doubt it very much, I think they'd want to know the truth and they'd really be interested in the photo that was supplied to the parents, for a start. And a heck of a lot more besides!

So unless the cream of Scotland Yard need to be told how to do their job by other police forces, I'd say they'll be very interested in this bogus sighting indeed and who actually invented it and who brought it to the attention of the British media.

Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  buildersbum Fri 29 Jul - 12:16

rammy2 wrote:I think Clarrie is sitting back, sipping his wine, knowing that it was a good job, well done.

If I was Clarry I wouldn't be feeling so smug today.......

Twitter:
UNCLE_BIG_BEN UNCLE BEN
#CLARENCEMITCHELL #CarterRuck JUST A FRIENDLY ADVICE, KEEP AWAY FRM ISLAMIC NATIONS WITH THE #MCCANN SCAM. THEY ARE LIABLE 2 ISSUE A FATWA!

Kashmir police deny finding missing British girl 540205
buildersbum
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1628
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down