Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three women stabbed in newport,south wales

4 posters

Go down

Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Empty Three women stabbed in newport,south wales

Post  Badboy Fri 19 Aug - 18:29

I understand that three women were stabbed in a hairdresser? by a man who is being sought.
need a link,methinks
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :
Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Empty Re: Three women stabbed in newport,south wales

Post  Badboy Sat 20 Aug - 11:40

A man wanted in connection with this crime has been found dead in woods near newport
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :
Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Three women stabbed in newport,south wales Empty Re: Three women stabbed in newport,south wales

Post  mumbles Sat 20 Aug - 11:52

'Gunman' found dead in woods after bursting into hairdressers and 'shooting wife in the knee' and injuring two others

By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 1:44 AM on 20th August 2011

A suspected gunman who had been on the run after allegedly bursting into a hairdressers and shooting three women has been found dead in woodland.
Police had launched a huge manhunt after the incident in a hairdressers in Newport, South Wales.
Eyewitnesses said a husband opened fire with a double-barreled shotgun on his wife in the salon - and then dropped the gun before escaping.

Police later revealed he had been found dead but said it was not being treated as suspicious. None of the women who were shot are believed to have suffered life-threatening injuries.
Officers were first called to Carol Ann's Hairstylists in Newport, South Wales at 2.20pm and found one woman had been blasted in the knee and two other women had been hit in the neck and arm.
A hairdresser working at a nearby salon said: 'Customers heard shots and police were here in seconds. We were told to stay indoors and keep away from windows.
'The salon is quite popular with more elderly women but it would usually be busy on a Friday afternoon.
'We've heard that a man went in there and shot his wife. It looks like two other people were also shot.

'The man escaped so it is a bit worrying that he is on the loose armed with a gun.'
The hairdresser, who did not want to be named, added: 'This is normally a quiet little shopping area but this is like America.'
Earlier police launched a massive manhunt for the suspect who was believed to be driving a grey Mini Cooper with the registration OE55 CVB and black furry dice in the window.
However, Gwent Police later revealed the suspect had been found dead in the woods.

Speaking at the scene, Superintendent Peter Keen of Gwent Police said: 'The very latest information I can give you is the man that we're seeking in connection with this incident is believed to be in possession of a grey Mini Cooper car and the registration of that car is OE55 CVB.
'When that car was last seen there was a set of black furry dice in the windscreen. So if people see that car please contact us immediately.
'We received a firearm here at the scene and we are currently searching for the man involved and inquires are ongoing.
'We have a team of officers looking for the man and a team of officers here at the scene. As you will see they are speaking to people in the local community and anyone that has any concerns can speak to them directly.'
Petrol station worker Dej Katru said: 'I heard the two shots ring out. It was very frightening.
'Then I saw one woman running out into another shop for safety. She looked very, very frightened.
'I saw the ambulances come and taken one woman who was shot.
'It is just a little hairdressers that seems to mainly do older ladies - you would never think of a shooting there.'

Kataru Reddy, who works at the Shell petrol station opposite the salon, said: 'At around 2.30pm a man went into the shop. Soon after that I heard two gunshots and after that I heard shouting.'
Mr Reddy said it took ten minutes for the police to arrive in two vans and two cars. He said there were five police marksmen in the team but they had left.

Councillor Paul Cockeram, who represents the ward where the shooting happened, said it was believed to be a domestic incident involving one of the women who worked at the salon.
'I heard it was a domestic - whether it's a husband or partner, I don't know,' he said.
'He came in and apparently fired indiscriminately, hitting several people.
'From what I have heard, the person he was after worked in the shop. And obviously he hit other people in there as well.
'The shop is obliterated apparently. It's amazing nobody died. I've heard some of them are in surgery at the moment.'
The Welsh Ambulance Service said two people have been taken to the Royal Gwent Hospital.
A spokesman at the Royal Gwent Hospital said: 'We are working closely with Gwent Police on the incident and we will give an update later.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2027970/Gunman-dead-woods-shooting-women-Newport-hairdressers.html#ixzz1VZ6Aj0Wc
mumbles
mumbles
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2121
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sat 20 Aug - 12:57

THANKS FOR THAT,MUMBLES.
ARE THERE MORE SHOOTING THAN IN PREVIOUS TIMES?
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Aug - 13:44

Sky News

It's quite sad something like that has happened in my area because it's an area
that has no problems at all, but obviously these domestic incidents can happen
anywhere."

Superintendent Dave Johnson, local commander for Newport, said: "We have a
greatly increased police presence in Newport at the moment.

"We have family liaison officers working with relatives involved in the
shooting at Carol-Ann's hair salon yesterday and neighbourhood officers working
with the community in that area, where I know people have been shocked and
upset.

"We understand those feelings and share them. Please be assured that we are
devoting substantial resources to both the investigation and to working with the
community here."

I tried not to copy the Pictures and ended up with only half the text. Three women stabbed in newport,south wales 23324

Anyway, Badboy, the man was the exboyfriend of one of the Staff Members who obviously was unbalanced. He shot one Woman in the leg, another in the neck and the third in the arm , none of the injuries considered serious thankfully. You have to ask "where did he get the Gun?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sat 20 Aug - 14:08

i always find it amazing when they say someone was shot in the neck and its not considered serious. Its amazing she isn't dead or is it just me? i must admit I don't know alot about guns but to be shot in the neck.....?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 20 Aug - 14:45

wjk wrote:i always find it amazing when they say someone was shot in the neck and its not considered serious. Its amazing she isn't dead or is it just me? i must admit I don't know alot about guns but to be shot in the neck.....?

HI WJK, The bullet probably didn"t penetrate her neck, just grazed it, she was very lucky.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down