Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack

Go down

Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Empty Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack

Post  mara thon Fri 19 Aug - 18:59

htt..A four-year-old Australian girl has been killed inside her Melbourne home by a neighbour's escaped pitbull dog.

Ayen Chol was watching TV with her young cousins when the dog raced into the living room, where the attack happened.

A five-year-old girl and a 30-year-old woman were also injured by the animal.

Ayen's mother Jaclin Appok told reporters she intervened to try and rescue the five-year-old - but the animal turned on her terrified daughter, who was clinging to her.

She said: "There were three adults and a number of kids in the house.

"The other two people and myself were struggling to help the first child the dog started on.

"As we got that child off, my child was holding my legs, that's when the dog came and attacked my daughter, but I couldn't help her."

Paramedics and the police arrived too late to save the child.

Ayen and her family were staying at the property with relatives because their own home was destroyed in a fire last month.

Police are yet to decide if charges will be brought against the dog's owner, but the animal has been put down.

The tragedy has restarted a debate in Australia about whether certain types of dangerous dog should be banned.

Pitbulls are a restricted breed in the southern state of Victoria and must be microchipped, muzzled in public and registered with local councils.

Ayen's family moved from Sudan to Australia seven years ago for a better life.

They are now grieving for a child who was described as loving and clever, and who was killed in just a few terrifying minutes.
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Empty Re: Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack

Post  mara thon Fri 19 Aug - 19:02

So very sad. Much as I love animals I think it is wrong for people to keep this type of dog as pets, they should only ever be in the charge of experienced and very responsible people. Poor little girl, absolutely devastating for her family.

Last edited by mara thon on Sat 20 Aug - 11:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make sense)
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :
Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Girl 4 killed in pitbull dog attack Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down