Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

+34
zodiac
Indigo
Lilemor
wjk
halfamo
MaryB
fred
littlepixie
Susan
Fudge
flower
fishie
steve1295
lynn
Alpine Aster
Claudia79
ProfMoriarty
jassi
Sprite
magicslipper
kitti
Justiceforallkids
dutchclogs
FSoares
Dimsie
vivvy
Eve
ann_chovey
Christine
dazedandconfused
Roasted Arizona
Keela
suzyone
snowflake
38 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Empty Re: The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

Post  wantthetruth Sat 29 Aug - 17:46

gypsygal wrote:

I think that their intentions were good, if somewhat erronious, but they were checking them, were they not?

They have not been charged with neglect, either in UK or portugal.
The criminal offence was committed by the abductor
The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 498776 (I do like your emoticons)

Welcome to the board :Hiya:

I'm somewhat surprised that a mother of three would say she believed the MCCanns 'intentions were good' when leaving three kids alone in an unlocked apartment night after night. The problem is, we only have their word they were checking regularly, so we just don't know. The sad fact is, whichever way you look at it, there are glaring inconstancies in the statements of the parents and their friends regarding the time line of events. I've been over it dozens of times, and I've always arrived at the same conclusion. Whether or not you believe in the abduction theory, it's pretty clear the friends are not being entirely honest about the regularity of the 'checks'. The children were left alone, REPEATEDLY, for hours at a time. At the very least, their intentions were utterly selfish.

Why on earth no neglect charges were brought is totally beyond me.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :
The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Empty as above

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 17:49

jassi wrote:Kate's been very busy translating - do you think she has come across this 'key' bit of information yet The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Icon_flower

Thats strange i thought it had cost thousands of pounds to translate the files ,the irony is if they had read 3As it would have cost them nothing ,thanks to the hard work and dedication of our portuguese posters.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1905
Warning :
The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Empty Re: The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard

Post  jassi Sat 29 Aug - 17:51

halfamo wrote:
jassi wrote:Kate's been very busy translating - do you think she has come across this 'key' bit of information yet The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 Icon_flower

Thats strange i thought it had cost thousands of pounds to translate the files ,the irony is if they had read 3As it would have cost them nothing ,thanks to the hard work and dedication of our portuguese posters.

She's not stupid you know - she can use Google Translate with the best of them The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 23324
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 17:51

Autumn wrote:My thoughts exactly, Claudia. Just wish that we could get these leaflets out to every home in Britain.

You know, I was never either a defender or an opposer of the leaflets. But the ignorance about this case in the UK is appalling. I guess that being Portuguese I tend to think that everybody in the UK obviously knows about the Police files/official documents/statements/rogatory letters, etc. But then, once in a while, I am reminded of the reality.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 17:53

Claudia79 wrote:Dear Lord, it's when I read things like this that I see that maybe the leaflets really were a necessary idea.

Could'nt agree more Claudia79
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 17:57

jassi wrote:
halfamo wrote:

She's not stupid you know - she can use Google Translate with the best of them The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 23324

ah google translations where would we be with out it.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 18:01

Nellie wrote:
MaryPoppins wrote:Clearly Nellie.

However, I beg to differ that she has been 'cared for' in any acceptable way.

I don't think that was the point. Who has said that she was cared for in an acceptable way? The facts are that she was abducted, she has had two children for which the abductor is responsible, and she has now been found.
A fct for which we are all no doubt thankful. Although I am beginning to wonder.

I think its wonderful she has been found ,but unharmed ? .i think that is debateable.spelling?
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 29 Aug - 18:05

Nellie wrote:
Autumn wrote:My thoughts exactly, Claudia. Just wish that we could get these leaflets out to every home in Britain.

Such a pity that The Leaflets aren't factual, but do carry on.

I supposr it all depends upon your point of view, but at least it has got issue out into the open a bit more and encouraged discussion.
That has got to be a good thing.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 29 Aug - 18:10

Nellie wrote:
halfamo wrote:
jassi wrote:
halfamo wrote:

ah google translations where would we be with out it.

Where are we with them, might be more to the point.

Wearing 'pants of ganga' I believe The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 23324
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 29 Aug - 18:11

halfamo wrote:

Yes, imagine the hundred or so thouand that they have spend could have paid their mortgage off full stop. what a waste, i'll have to stop the playgroup i work for baking cakes, to raise £4.90 to donate to the fund to bring poor maddie back.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 29 Aug - 18:17

tyra wrote:

I certainly hope so, these are the 'obvious first steps' in any investigation so I'd assume it was both carried out and recorded.

Let's hope so.

Since when has Kate (or Gerry) spoken Portuguese? Surely the "obvious first steps" would to answer questions and go back to Portugal for a re-construction? both recorded and witnessed of course.
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 18:18

tyra wrote:

I certainly hope so, these are the 'obvious first steps' in any investigation so I'd assume it was both carried out and recorded.

Let's hope so.

Are you for real .????
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 18:22

fred wrote:
tyra wrote:

Let's hope so.

Since when has Kate (or Gerry) spoken Portuguese? Surely the "obvious first steps" would to answer questions and go back to Portugal for a re-construction? both recorded and witnessed of course.

Fred keep up, they have paid thousands for a translation.yeh we all believe that.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 29 Aug - 18:23

tyra wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

You know, I was never either a defender or an opposer of the leaflets. But the ignorance about this case in the UK is appalling. I guess that being Portuguese I tend to think that everybody in the UK obviously knows about the Police files/official documents/statements/rogatory letters, etc. But then, once in a while, I am reminded of the reality.

I have to agree, around 95% of posts made on this site seem to be based on rumour, and gossip and virtually nobody appears to have read the police files, it's astounding to me that these individuals have the nerve to debate as if they have some sort of knowledge when a quick glance around shows it's almost as though they read a tabloid two years ago and have closed their mind to any new information since. The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 87849

I suppose it takes all sorts, but this sort of lack of even the basic knowledge is what gives forums such as this a bad name.

I agree. I was the other way around though.

Two years ago I closed my mind to all the tabloid nonsense and stoically refused to doubt the McCann version of events.

It wasn't until I read the files that the gaping holes appeared and I was filled with horror.
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 18:27

wantthetruth wrote:

I agree. I was the other way around though.

Two years ago I closed my mind to all the tabloid nonsense and stoically refused to doubt the McCann version of events.

It wasn't until I read the files that the gaping holes appeared and I was filled with horror.

:Wave:
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 29 Aug - 18:30

Autumn wrote:Hopefully, we wont have long to wait until Goncalo Amaral's book is published in this country - it really is a disgrace that this book is widely available in other countries yet we are still waiting. As the British Press have chosen to ignore the information in the offical PJ Files, sadly, many are unaware of the facts - this is very obvious, reading some of the posts on this forum.

:Hiya: Autumn..IMO..it's not that those here who believe the parents are innocent, hold that opinion out ignorance of the FACTS (PJ Files) but are ALL probably aware of their contents, but resist to accept the probable perps were the parents. This reason could be based on numerous factors. Members or close associates of the T9, outside 'troll agencies' employed to cause, havoc, confusion, and intimidate forum admin/mods and posters, in the hope the forum either gets closed down or posters who are open to gullibility, believe their irrational logic and change opinion. (I prefer the former is more likely).

As for the 99.2% of the citizens that haven't followed this case obsessively and researched the plethora of evidence from the release of the 'files'...I don't think they honestly give a damn, about the case, and probably alot would need a quick synopsis even remembering who MBM was..(maybe not)..

You need to bare this in mind when confronted by an ignorant (troll) poster, that goes on to make irrational, and unsubstantiated assertions...They probably just want someone to bite...I concur with an earlier post..best ignore what you think is just plain ludicrous that someone 'new' posts (wait, read later posts, before deciding to reply)..cos you just don't know? The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 857143
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 18:31

tyra wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:

I have to agree, around 95% of posts made on this site seem to be based on rumour, and gossip and virtually nobody appears to have read the police files, it's astounding to me that these individuals have the nerve to debate as if they have some sort of knowledge when a quick glance around shows it's almost as though they read a tabloid two years ago and have closed their mind to any new information since. The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 87849

I suppose it takes all sorts, but this sort of lack of even the basic knowledge is what gives forums such as this a bad name.

I have no idea how you can be part of such a horrible place...
Just today, a know-it-all McCann worshipper was denying that Gerry had ever said something that he not only said but signed in one of his statements. Of course the poster said that because it made Gerry look like a shameless liar.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 18:36

STIMULATOR wrote:
Autumn wrote:Hopefully, we wont have long to wait until Goncalo Amaral's book is published in this country - it really is a disgrace that this book is widely available in other countries yet we are still waiting. As the British Press have chosen to ignore the information in the offical PJ Files, sadly, many are unaware of the facts - this is very obvious, reading some of the posts on this forum.

:Hiya: Autumn..IMO..it's not that those here who believe the parents are innocent, hold that opinion out ignorance of the FACTS (PJ Files) but are ALL probably aware of their contents, but resist to accept the probable perps were the parents. This reason could be based on numerous factors. Members or close associates of the T9, outside 'troll agencies' employed to cause, havoc, confusion, and intimidate forum admin/mods and posters, in the hope the forum either gets closed down or posters who are open to gullibility, believe their irrational logic and change opinion. (I prefer the former is more likely).

As for the 99.2% of the citizens that haven't followed this case obsessively and researched the plethora of evidence from the release of the 'files'...I don't think they honestly give a damn, about the case, and probably alot would need a quick synopsis even remembering who MBM was..(maybe not)..

You need to bare this in mind when confronted by an ignorant (troll) poster, that goes on to make irrational, and unsubstantiated assertions...They probably just want someone to bite...I concur with an earlier post..best ignore what you think is just plain ludicrous that someone 'new' posts (wait, read later posts, before deciding to reply)..cos you just don't know? The Backyard Prisoner: The Story of Jaycee Dugard - Page 8 857143

I would add another reason. Some of the people you refer to have the same or very similar parenting standards as the McCanns (they were checking so I don't see a problem, it's like dining in your back yard, they could see the apartment, etc). For those people admitting that the McCanns are responsible for what happened to Madeleine (whatever that was) is acknowledging that the same could have happened to them. In other words, admitting the McCanns are carpy parents is admitting they are carpy parents. And that must be very difficult.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 18:37

tyra wrote:I just would have thought it common courtesy, if nothing else, to educate yourself if you intend on debating the case with others. What happens if you repeat something false and someone else believes and it and passes it on, I would feel so guilty. Of course we all make the odd mistake, it's a complicated case, it is a big investigation it is human nature to forget details or forget the order or to have missed things but we have to try and minimise that, it is just so rare to read something here that is based on facts, I suppose I have been spoilt by other forums.

Tyra i cannot believe you are real,the former 3Asposters on here are some of the most informed i know ,they have spent hrs translating files for the benefit of us all.I have nothing but respect for these people ,so please try to curb your sarcasm.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 18:38

tyra wrote: some of it spread by people who really should know better but who for some reason that I haven't quite worked out yet want to make people believe lies! Why would anyone want to spread lies about the case of a missing child?

That is one of the questions I would love to ask several members of TM.
However, I suspect that I would get the same silence the PJ got when the wonderful, loving mother KM was questioned.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 18:53

Finmental wrote:
tyra wrote:I agree, it's only a shame that the portuguese police had no interest in running a reconstruction as some sort of first step, both recorded and witnessed. instead they waited nearly a year until all trails had gone cold and then decided they would try and pin it on the parents and asked them and their friends to come back for a reconstruction only involving them, as if that it supposed to help find her!

baffling.

That's one interpretation but there are others.

Finmental good to see you.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 19:09

Nellie wrote: What could they have discovered with no other witnesses involved?

That they are a bunch of liars and that what they say in their statements is basically impossible due to so many inconsistencies. Quite simple, really.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sat 29 Aug - 19:12

It would have tested the Tapas timeline for one thing, and by having all the group there, they could have corrected any perceived error, which couldn't have been done with a computer simulation.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  halfamo Sat 29 Aug - 19:13

Nellie wrote:
Finmental wrote:
tyra wrote:I agree, it's only a shame that the portuguese police had no interest in running a reconstruction as some sort of first step, both recorded and witnessed. instead they waited nearly a year until all trails had gone cold and then decided they would try and pin it on the parents and asked them and their friends to come back for a reconstruction only involving them, as if that it supposed to help find her!

baffling.

That's one interpretation but there are others.

I don't see how. What could they have discovered with no other witnesses involved? That is the whole point of a reconstruction. I suspect that a reconstruction was suggested at that late stage to cover the original BooBoo made by Amaral when he refused to allow one.

If thats the case why not turn up ,but for some reason the Mcs refused.
halfamo
halfamo
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 29 Aug - 19:16

halfamo wrote:

If thats the case why not turn up ,but for some reason the Mcs refused.

I have an explanation...

"Sofia Herrera’s father was detained as ordered by the judge because he contradicted himself during the reconstruction of his daughter’s disappearance."

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2009/08/argentinean-mccanns-sofia-herreras.html
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next