Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself

+5
Me
NoStone
Loveday
gillyspot
Annabel
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself

Post  Claudia79 Tue 1 Nov - 1:28

Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Panda wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:Suspects, witnesses, persons of interest to the Police (whatever you wanna call it and whatever the role they play in the case of a missing child) are not supposed to approve the questions posed to them. They are supposed to answer them truthfully and as clearly as possible to clear themselves (if that's the case) and to allow the Police to rule them out and pursuit other alternatives. Not answering questions is obviously a right. But that silence is interpreted by the Police, no doubts about it. As for the 11 hours, I think it must be clarified that there were several breaks during that time and that the 11 hours do not represent at all the duration of the questioning. These 11 hours include the process of translation back and forth, the reading of the statements, etc, to ensure that the people interviewed don't take their words back later and use the 'I didn't say that' excuse. let's never forget that Kate had all sorts of excuses. On the one hand she accuses the Police of taking too long to interview her but when the Police were in a hurry to drive her to what could lead to the identification of her daughter, she accused the Police of driving too fast, Difficult to satisfy, it seems.

Hi Claudia, I tend to think the Police were overwhelmed by the McCanns, world wide publicity, etc, but the main questions , like the shutters etc were never asked and a lot of those questions were superfluous, IMO of course. Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 294124

We can't say if the questions were superfluous or not because we don't know (and probably never will) why they were asked. They should have been answered. Simple as that. Even if only to say something like 'what? that is ridiculous, outrageous and I never dreamed of giving up custody of my beloved child to anyone', for instance. As for the shutters, the McCanns have never officially said they had been tempered with. Other people said it for them and I have no doubt that it came from them. But it was never on record and that, in terms of Police work, makes all the difference. And that's all I'm saying as I probably should hut up now.

We both should.....goodnight. Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 25346

Sleep tight.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself

Post  Angelique Tue 1 Nov - 1:41

I tend to think that no matter what questions Kate was asked, even if she thought they were relevant or not, she would not have answered them. It leads one to suppose that she may have incriminated herself and as has been said, she was probably advised not to answer any questions. Gerry was assuredly advised also but you know Gerry by now, he decided he would answer anyway. No reigning Gerry in.

Both Kate and Gerry would already have had assurances that they needed. So if we read Kate's character correctly - she wasn't even going to give the investigating Police the satisfaction of her replies.

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicestershire The Most Incredible Statement Made By A Police Force Ever!/Himself - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Autumn Tue 1 Nov - 3:25

Seems Kate preferred spending the time texting rather than answering the questions.

McGUINNESS: We were a bit naughty because we did have messages coming out of the police station which we weren't supposed to...

BILTON: How did that work.. what, the text messages?

McGUINNESS: Yeah.

BILTON: And were the texts saying? Talk us through.

McGUINNESS: Sort of updates from things that were happening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/7106086.stm

Were the PJ aware of this, I would have thought they would have taken her phone off her if they had known what she was up to.
Autumn
Autumn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 787
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2