Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011

+3
gillyspot
malena stool
frencheuropean
7 posters

Go down

Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Empty Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011

Post  malena stool Sat 29 Oct - 18:38

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Kate-thanks-public-kindness-support/story-13697911-detail/story.html

Kate thanks public for 'kindness' and support .Saturday, October 29, 2011 Leicester Mercury
Follow.Kate McCann has thanked people who have supported her and her family since daughter Madeleine went missing more than four years ago.

She posted a letter on the official Find Madeleine Campaign Facebook group, in the very early hours of yesterday morning saying she was touched by the public's "incredible kindness and commitment".

.It was posted hours after her book Madeleine was launched in Hungary – one of the final countries where it is due to be published.

Madeleine, from Rothley, was nearly four when she went missing in Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, on May 3, 2007.

The message said: "My grandparents always used to say that the years pass more quickly the older you get. It certainly feels that way.

"I still dream of being able to stop time. Our only alternative, however, is to continue doing as much as we can to the best of our ability to enhance the search for Madeleine.

"Thank you to everyone who has bought and read my book. Not only is this helping to fund our investigation and campaign, it will also improve and maintain awareness of Madeleine and our need to find her.

"The more people who are informed, the more eyes and ears Madeleine will have assisting the search for her. We are really grateful for your support."

The book Madeleine was penned by Kate and tells the story of her daughter's disappearance and her and husband Gerry's continuing search for her. All proceeds from the book go towards their campaign.

It was released in the UK, Australia, Canada, Portugal and America in May, the Netherlands the following month, Brazil and Germany in September, in Spain earlier this month and in Hungary on Thursday.

The online message also thanked the public for their support in calling for a review of Madeleine's case, after a petition calling for an independent review collected more than 67,000 signatures, and led to Scotland Yard's re-examination of evidence surrounding Madeleine's disappearance.
Unquote.

No comments are being taken, although reading the article I suspect the urine is.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Empty Re: Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011

Post  frencheuropean Sat 29 Oct - 19:59

Not published in France? Strange especially when they pretended the child was abducted by people from Maroc where everybody speaks French.
Not enough tabloids here to make the promotion of this kind of book and critics would be fearce most probably.Not enough money to earn with the sales and , of course, it's money for them that is the most important. And they know very well that Madeleine is not in North-Africa. In term of marketing, not a good plot, a French translation.
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 29 Oct - 21:15

Is this "news"? So Kate McCann is marketing her "novel" in Hungary so they have to share her rubbish on their website?

No wonder comments are disallowed because despite K & G saying there are only a very few people who disbelieve them the masses of folk throughout the world (I have looked) don't believe a word that they utter.

That is apart from "the fund is getting low" - that even I believe from time to time. Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 294124
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Empty One of the last countries?

Post  tigger Sat 29 Oct - 21:37

gillyspot wrote:Is this "news"? So Kate McCann is marketing her "novel" in Hungary so they have to share her rubbish on their website?

No wonder comments are disallowed because despite K & G saying there are only a very few people who disbelieve them the masses of folk throughout the world (I have looked) don't believe a word that they utter.

That is apart from "the fund is getting low" - that even I believe from time to time. Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 294124

Hungary is one of the last countries on the list? What else? Ulan Bator? New Guinea? India might be a good bet. I think they were pushing Hungarian paedophiles in PdL at one time? Is the whole of Hungary supposed to be interested or is this publication just for itinerant Hungarian abductors. I expect the print runs for these countries won't be high, even in paperback.
I've only come across one copy in a department store here in the Netherlands, which I carefully hid behind a row of books on the top shelf. Not seen it in either of the biggest book stores in town. So print run of what? 5000 max I'd think.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 29 Oct - 21:50

tigger wrote:
gillyspot wrote:Is this "news"? So Kate McCann is marketing her "novel" in Hungary so they have to share her rubbish on their website?

Hungary is one of the last countries on the list? What else? Ulan Bator? New Guinea? India might be a good bet. I think they were pushing Hungarian paedophiles in PdL at one time? Is the whole of Hungary supposed to be interested or is this publication just for itinerant Hungarian abductors. I expect the print runs for these countries won't be high, even in paperback.
I've only come across one copy in a department store here in the Netherlands, which I carefully hid behind a row of books on the top shelf. Not seen it in either of the biggest book stores in town. So print run of what? 5000 max I'd think.
How unkind tigger.... depriving the author of her much needed income.... A good idea all the same...well done! Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 307691 Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 944533
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 29 Oct - 21:59

I don't see Malta on that list - there were a lot of dodgy sightings there. How about Morocco as well?
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 Empty Not France or Italy

Post  tigger Sun 30 Oct - 8:46

gillyspot wrote:I don't see Malta on that list - there were a lot of dodgy sightings there. How about Morocco as well?

Not France or Italy, where whole families look after the little ones, as is also the case in Spain and Portugal.

I think the French were on to them and as one poster pointed out, there are few tabloids. One of my dearest memories when I lived in France was going to the library and finding it was the day for the Ecole Maternelle, I'd be surrounded by the cutest, well behaved toddlers, who are taught very early to use books. The French seem to enjoy being with their children imo. Same in Italy, where it is also normal to take children of all ages to restaurants, they behave, because everybody interacts with them.
'It was our holiday too' - is a remark that no Italian, French, Spanish or Portugese parent will understand.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Sun 30 Oct - 11:11

tigger wrote:
gillyspot wrote:I don't see Malta on that list - there were a lot of dodgy sightings there. How about Morocco as well?

Not France or Italy, where whole families look after the little ones, as is also the case in Spain and Portugal.

I think the French were on to them and as one poster pointed out, there are few tabloids. One of my dearest memories when I lived in France was going to the library and finding it was the day for the Ecole Maternelle, I'd be surrounded by the cutest, well behaved toddlers, who are taught very early to use books. The French seem to enjoy being with their children imo. Same in Italy, where it is also normal to take children of all ages to restaurants, they behave, because everybody interacts with them.
'It was our holiday too' - is a remark that no Italian, French, Spanish or Portugese parent will understand.

G. Amaral's book is available in France. (albeit in German or Italian) Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 294124

I did wonder why Kate's 'Grimm Fairytale' hasn't been hawked around here, especially with the Montpellier 'sighting' and the Maroc/Algerian influence ....I think frencheuropean has answered well.

I agree with tigger, everywhere you go in France you see, especially at Sunday lunchtime, families having a restaurant meal with their children, all dressed up and the little ones looking at the menu and enjoying the social aspect.

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 30 Oct - 11:58

No comments are being taken, although reading the article I suspect the urine is."

Nice one malena. Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 294124

This is yet another attempt to publicise the Book, cheap, shoddy, typical McCann style. Was the Leicester Mercury the best they could get? OOOPs, forgot, they have upset Murdoch by claiming they have been phone - hacked.

The rest of the U.K Press has been busy reporting on World events like the EU crisis, Earthquake, Flooding , oh and the Tabak trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Tue 1 Nov - 6:10

tigger wrote:

"which I carefully hid behind a row of books on the top shelf"
Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 294124 Well done Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 944533 Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 307691 Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 307691 Thats just what I am going to do when I see one Leicester Mercury 29 Oct 2011 25346
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down