Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An occasional nightmare

+10
chrissie
Panda
Sunflower27
Loveday
tanszi
fred
Loopdaloop
NoStone
gillyspot
Angelique
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Empty Re: An occasional nightmare

Post  Panda Wed 2 Nov - 9:23

Pennylane,

Do you remember Gerry supposedly buying a Fridge for the Villa he was renting because the one there conked out and the owner saying it was working fine
before the McCanns rented it? Now, if any equipment stops working, you tell the Landlord, not go and buy a new Fridge!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 2 Nov - 9:56

Panda wrote:Pennylane,

Do you remember Gerry supposedly buying a Fridge for the Villa he was renting because the one there conked out and the owner saying it was working fine
before the McCanns rented it? Now, if any equipment stops working, you tell the Landlord, not go and buy a new Fridge!!

Yes I remember that vividly. You would never replace a Fridge yourself under such circumstances. Besides, one would expect them to be a tad too preoccupied for appliance shopping.... all things considered!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :
An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 2 Nov - 10:39

tigger wrote:
Loveday wrote:
tigger wrote:
The Roman Catholic church requires:
3rd day - prayers
9th day - prayers
40 days - memorial service with family
3 months - visit the grave to say good bye.

Tigger, what do you mean by 'requires'? I was born a Catholic, come from a large extended Catholic family, went to Catholic schools and am still practicing. I've known lots of Catholic people die and been to quite a few Catholic funerals. I have never heard this and don't know of anyone who has done it or felt it was required of them.

I am not a Catholic so having seen articles about Sagres where the 40 days was mentioned, Huelva, where the three months fit in, I asked a devout Catholic friend of mine who checked with her priest. I can't do better than that.

I'm of the same opinion as Loveday with a similar upbringing. It's not something I have heard of either.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Empty Hate to disagree with you panda and friends...

Post  comperedna Wed 2 Nov - 13:45

but I think the weighted bag and the ocean is far too risky... Eventual disposal, by whoever took Madeleine away... not the McCanns... would have to be secret and permanently non discoverable...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

An occasional nightmare - Page 2 Empty Which is why

Post  tigger Wed 2 Nov - 14:18

comperedna wrote:but I think the weighted bag and the ocean is far too risky... Eventual disposal, by whoever took Madeleine away... not the McCanns... would have to be secret and permanently non discoverable...

Which is why my money is on Huelva, there'll be nothing left by now, no body, no bones, no DNA. Remember the story of Haig?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 2 Nov - 14:41

tigger wrote:
comperedna wrote:but I think the weighted bag and the ocean is far too risky... Eventual disposal, by whoever took Madeleine away... not the McCanns... would have to be secret and permanently non discoverable...

Which is why my money is on Huelva, there'll be nothing left by now, no body, no bones, no DNA. Remember the story of Haig?

It's hard to know which is the riskiest option without knowing how much help they had with this task (if any). It's quite possible the body was in more than two locations before being disposed of? I expect we will never know.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 2 Nov - 14:59

Sunflower27 wrote:I don't believe Madeleine is buried somewhere where her parents can come and visit.

It is too risky. At any point some paparazzi could follow them and uncover the whole thing.

Also, the gruesome twosome would not be able to keep up the facade and look as confident as they do if in the back of their minds they thought a body would be found and linked to them.

They made peace with themselves that what happened to madeleine was a tragic accident and there was nothing they could have done to bring her back so they are not going to go down for it. Of course neglecting a child is a crime but they have conveniently dismissed that 'If Madeleine had an accident in the apartment and died then how is that our fault?'. I think that is the most telling comment of all.

Her body will never be found - and the Gruesome Twosome are 100% confident of that.

If at any point some paparazzi could follow them and uncover something, surely that would have been the case in the early days as well? Whatever has happened to Madeleine, if we believe she has been moved, then it has been under the noses of the paparazzi. Perhaps that is the clever part actually. I do not imagine the paparazzi follow them so much these days either. I doubt the body will ever be found myself. Its just somewhere where they feel close to Madeleine. They need a place to 'be with her' to be private perhaps. The visits to the coast may be a red herring, to lead us all to believe they feel close to her there, and in many ways I am sure they do feel close to her there, but I am not certain that the bottom of the sea is really where she is somehow. I'm not sure about burial at sea, as the sea does give up its secrets from time to time, and folk dive deep into the sea, etc. I think she had to be frozen for a number of weeks beforehand and then moved, most definitely, hence the odour in the car, Freezing as a long term option is not really feasible either, for the reasons many people have given above and which make sense to me now, but I definitely believe she was placed in a freezer at some point.

I imagine a private cremation and her remains concealed within a private location that only the McCanns have access to. Portugal and Spain are such vast countries with endless open and unexplored areas, that I can imagine an extremely private place for cremation could be found, followed by removal of her again afterwards.

The ornament on the mantlepiece in Rothley is another red herring imo. They would never be so bold as to put her ashes on show like that and be able to get away with it. No, she is somewhere private I feel, somewhere they can visit, an anonymously rented house somewhere very quiet and tranquil and there would be no body, as such, to find. Yes I can imagine a garden there, a sort of memorial garden where they would feel close to Madeleine.

I think its possibly a case of staying in a 5-star hotel where they would be very public indeed to keep the paparazzi happy, but with their movements outside and beyond altering, with them finding somewhere interim to discreetly and secretly cast off the glamorous day-look and changing their appearances dramatically before travelling incognito in a car with blacked out windows. Whatever they have done they have managed to fool the paparazzi completely. They have always kept the paparazzi happy with arranged photo-shoots and kept the media happy with interviews, with perhaps the trade-off being, "okay we've done the pictures and interview with you, now please let us have some private time together".
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2