Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Empty U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million

Post  Panda Wed 16 Nov - 10:06

The unemployment rate rises to 1 million

The U.K Government is to pay small Companies to train youngsters.......wasn"t this what I suggested weeks ago? Think the Department of
Employment reads MM?? U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million 25346

The Bank of England cuts its forecast for growth and inflation rate of 5% hardly changed although the Bank forecast it would fall.

There is a question mark about Mervyn King"s handling of this situation. Banks also being censured for not lending to small businesses a while
ago to expand their businesses and take on more employees.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Empty Re: U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Nov - 16:00

Panda.Think you will find the actual unemployment rate is considerably higher than that ! Official figures probably say close to 3 Million unemployed but i suspect there are lots they dont include like those on long term benefits or disability etc.
I would guess it is closer to 5 Million unemployed if truth be known,possibly more if you include all those students who get sent to University to do pointless degrees just to keep them off the list.

You may be confusing the statistics regarding Youth unemployment.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million Empty Re: U.K. Unemployment reaches 1 Million

Post  Panda Wed 16 Nov - 16:47

Hi Lioned, the million refers to youth unemployment the total rate is 8% which I presume includes everyone eligible to work. King was grilled by several Economy experts from the major U.K. Press, he admitted that he expected the inflation rate to fall and said it may be necessary to
do more QE next year.

Even Germany has revised its growth rate to .5% so even if you have full employment , who are you going to sell to ???? At the moment there is a price war in Food sales in the run up to Christmas.

I think David Cameron should release another £5 billion stashed in the Treasury to small businesses so they have a chance to expand and take on more staff. The way the world is at the moment anything is possible, the U.K. is very vulnerable to what happens in the EU.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Nov - 18:02

Personally i believe the real inflation rate is somewhere between 15 and 20%.I dont know what they put in their shopping basket nowadays but if you look at fuel and the incredible shrinking packages then i think i'm closer to the truth than 'they' are.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 16 Nov - 18:11

Lioned wrote:Personally i believe the real inflation rate is somewhere between 15 and 20%.I dont know what they put in their shopping basket nowadays but if you look at fuel and the incredible shrinking packages then i think i'm closer to the truth than 'they' are.

I agree. I have to wear black for work and wear just cheap cotton trousers from a supermarket. And I do mean cheap! They were £4 a pair a few weeks ago. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a few more pairs at the old price because they were going up in price. There was a rail with small and large sizes: 8,10 & 20, 22, at the old price and a rail at the opposite end of the aisle with a whole range of sizes, identical item, but now priced at £8. Luckily for me, I wear 8 or 10 and bought up the last of those sizes, four pairs.

I've noticed hikes in prices of things I buy regularly. Supermarkets are trying to fool us by putting items up as special offers that were actually cheaper until fairly recently.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 Nov - 18:16

Lioned wrote:Personally i believe the real inflation rate is somewhere between 15 and 20%.I dont know what they put in their shopping basket nowadays but if you look at fuel and the incredible shrinking packages then i think i'm closer to the truth than 'they' are.

Lioned, I think the price of Oil is the biggest reason for inflation, but this crisis is something else. Analysts are suggesting that Greece and
Portugal will be the first to default , it will take Greece in particular generations to pay off it"s debt but......where are any of us going to
make money through exports? Which Country does not have a problem ? Germany is the only Country with a stable economy , but even their forecast for next year is only .5% and they are considering leaving the EU.!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 16 Nov - 18:34

So all this 'Debt' business.Who do Greece owe money to then ? And why does it matter ? Simple answer is dont lend them anymore.Same to everyone else.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Wed 16 Nov - 19:06

total unemployment is 2.6 million,expected to hit 3 million next year.
bank of england says no economic growth for two year.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 16 Nov - 20:19

Lioned wrote:So all this 'Debt' business.Who do Greece owe money to then ? And why does it matter ? Simple answer is dont lend them anymore.Same to everyone else.

Mostly European Banks Lioned. I distinctly remember that initially no Country was supposed to borrow more than 3% of it"s GDP, it was Italy
and either France or spain who were the first to go OTT but they were never penalised. There has been no regulation of these Countries at all and when you think they are all tied to one currency it"s ridiculous. The EU accounts could not be signed off for years because the Auditors
said there was insufficient information in the books, so this was a disaster waiting to happen.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Fri 18 Nov - 21:46

HAVE YOU HEARD THE FOLLOWING?
SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE GOVERNMENT TO COURT BECAUSE THEY ARE SAYING THAT THE TRAINING SCHEMES ARE A VIOLOTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS BECAUSE THEY AMOUNT TO ENFORCED LABOUR.

SEPARATLY,I WONDER IF MANY UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE SHOULD START AN ECOMMERCE WEBSITES.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 18 Nov - 23:58

Badboy wrote:HAVE YOU HEARD THE FOLLOWING?
SOME PEOPLE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE GOVERNMENT TO COURT BECAUSE THEY ARE SAYING THAT THE TRAINING SCHEMES ARE A VIOLOTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS BECAUSE THEY AMOUNT TO ENFORCED LABOUR.

SEPARATLY,I WONDER IF MANY UNEMPLOYED PEOPLE SHOULD START AN ECOMMERCE WEBSITES.

In that case Badboy, stop their unemployment Benefit !!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 19 Nov - 23:29

It would be better for the government to create jobs rather than pay benefits for doing nothing.There is so much to be done if you just look around you.
I am not just talking about the obvious deterioration of the infrastructure,ie roads and pavements etc,but that is a good one.Also there is 'Care working',and training and schools and hospitals that all need extra help.

So what to do ?

Well you get some paid supervisors and then some unemployed people and put them in teams and then just get on with it.

I could arrange it And if people dont want to work then they can live off the soup kitchen and give up their X box's and bags of crisps.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 19 Nov - 23:50

A few years ago the new Mayor of Wisconsin in the States set about cleaning up the State and went about it by:-

1. Opening free creches for Mothers to be able to go out to work. They were found jobs and if they left of their own accord their benefits
were stopped. One 40 odd year old Mother who had 4 children by 4 different men complained her responsibility was to be a Mother had to
clean fire hydrants.

2. Overhauling the Education system which was turning out badly educated teenagers with no basic abilities , such as reading writing and
arithmetic.

3. Overhauled the Police which had a lot of corruption and lack of connectivity with the people.

He was hugely successful ,helped by Staff who had the same dedication and his methods were used as a role model for other States, Britain
could benefit today from his vision.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Dec - 16:33

INTERESTINGLY IF YOU GO ON CAREERJET.CO.UK,THEY SAY THEY HAVE 2.2 MILLION JOBS IN THE UK.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 25 Dec - 17:11

Badboy wrote:INTERESTINGLY IF YOU GO ON CAREERJET.CO.UK,THEY SAY THEY HAVE 2.2 MILLION JOBS IN THE UK.

Hi Badboy, Goodness knows where the 2 million jobs are, the Banking industry have shed thousands of jobs recently in addition to the existing
unemployed. It"s grim all over the World and unless there is growth unemployment will be with us for a long time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Dec - 21:47

I TELL ONE AREA WHERE THERE IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SHORTAGE;RETAIL MANAGEMENT,IT SEEMS THERE ARE SIMPLY NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO FILL POSITIONS.
INTERESTING,IN VIEW OF THE RETAIL SLOWDOWN.

THAT CAREERJET WEBSITE IS CERTAINLY WORTH LOKKING AT IN VIEWS OF THE CLAIMED NUMBERS OF JOBS ON IT,DON'T ALL RUSH TO VISIT WEBSITE, IT MIGHT CRASH.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 25 Dec - 22:00

SCOTLAND SEEMS TO BE DOING WELL AT THE MOMENT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 27 Dec - 0:23

ONE THING THAT MIGHT CAUSE JOB LOSSES IS DIGALISATION OF NEWSPAPER,THIS MIGHT AFFECT THE PROFITS OF NEWSAGENTS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 27 Dec - 8:02

Badboy wrote:ONE THING THAT MIGHT CAUSE JOB LOSSES IS DIGALISATION OF NEWSPAPER,THIS MIGHT AFFECT THE PROFITS OF NEWSAGENTS.

Aha! You've got a good point there, Badboy. That won't affect the supermarkets so much, but local newsagents certainly. And if people aren't popping in for their daily newspaper, then they're not buying the incidentals, like a few chocolate bars or other bits and pieces.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 27 Dec - 14:27

I GOT THAT IDEA FROM AN ARTICLE(GUARDIAN,METHINKS!),THAT TALKED ABOUT IT.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 Dec - 14:40

Badboy wrote:I GOT THAT IDEA FROM AN ARTICLE(GUARDIAN,METHINKS!),THAT TALKED ABOUT IT.

Hi Badboy, add another 20,000 thousand to that figure .

It looks as though the U.K. is in for a hard 2012, Moodys is considering downgrading Britain, Mervyn King says the U.K. is in for a tough time , analysts
are saying Britain is in recession and the shopping splurge will do little for the future economy. Batten down the hatches I say and let it all unravel, the
World is facing recession, but yet again the Mega Rich will come out of this unscathed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Tue 27 Dec - 15:14

IT WAS SAYING IN THE GUARDIAN TODAY THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS CUTTING BACK ON CONNEXIONS AND OTHER SERVICES THAT ADVISE SCHOOL LEAVERS/YOUNG PEOPLE ON CAREER CHOICES,INSTEAD THEY ARE TELLING SUCH PEOPLE TO GO ON A WEBSITE,THEY ARE ALSO CUTTING BACK ON LITERACY ETC CLASSES THAT COULD IMPROVE JOB PROSPECTS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 27 Dec - 15:23

Badboy wrote:IT WAS SAYING IN THE GUARDIAN TODAY THAT THE GOVERNMENT IS CUTTING BACK ON CONNEXIONS AND OTHER SERVICES THAT ADVISE SCHOOL LEAVERS/YOUNG PEOPLE ON CAREER CHOICES,INSTEAD THEY ARE TELLING SUCH PEOPLE TO GO ON A WEBSITE,THEY ARE ALSO CUTTING BACK ON LITERACY ETC CLASSES THAT COULD IMPROVE JOB PROSPECTS.

Literacy classes should never be a Government project, the Schools should be holding Evening classes for failing to teach basic education while the
pupils are still in school.!!!

Several U.S.Banks shares have gone down today, 100 to 120 Sears Stores are closing down so maybe the US upturn was just a blip.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Thu 29 Dec - 11:54

THERE IS PREDICTED TO BE PERHAPS 3,000 SHOPS CLOSURES BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH COSTING 30,000 JOBS.
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 29 Dec - 12:10

Badboy wrote:THERE IS PREDICTED TO BE PERHAPS 3,000 SHOPS CLOSURES BETWEEN NOW AND MARCH COSTING 30,000 JOBS.

HI Badboy, yes the situation is dire, just when Britiain is hosting the Olympic Games. What will London look like is many shops are boarded up by then?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum