Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office

+7
fred
pennylane
NoStone
Dimsie
kitti
Angelique
Loopdaloop
11 posters

Go down

Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Empty Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office

Post  gillyspot Fri 18 Nov - 15:09

I wrote to my MP on 20th July 2011 - just after Stephenson & Yates resigned

Here is my letter

"Dear ....

Many thanks for your letter regarding the News International takeover of BSkyB it was very informative. (got letter back in 3 days from my email)

I have another major concern at this time and this is regarding the Metropolitan Police's current review into the Madeleine McCann disappearance. I feel that with all the current doubts regarding this police force and its apparent lack impartiality that this review should be moved to another UK police force. The McCann's publicist Clarence Mitchell has close ties to senior figures within the Murdoch empire. This coupled with the latest scandal coming out over the last weekend regarding the Ex Metropolitan Police Commissioner Paul Stephenson and also his Assistant Commissioner John Yates seeming inability to carry out a review in 2009 of the telephone hacking scandal of 2006 stating that there was no evidence (but had only spent 8 hours reviewing the evidence if the media are correct), leads me to believe that the Metropolitan Police may not be trusted or at least be seen to be trusted (if recent events and allegations are anything to go on).

Could you please contact Mr David Cameron and ask him if he will consider this option please.

This review is costing the tax payer (including me) a large amount of money and therefore it should be an open and transparent review and any results and the reasons and any evidence that has led to them should be published in a full dossier available for all to read. Also I am concerned that the McCann's "open letter" in the Sun (a Murdoch paper) on 12th May 2011 was responded the following day by Mr Cameron. This seems a remarkable short period of time for him to agree to their demands particularly as we as a country are in a large financial hole and every penny that can be saved should be saved in my opinion.

Perhaps I am being too cynical but I am very concerned that this review doesn't have the appearance of a whitewash which it may well do if it carried out by the Metropolitan Police.

Please can you write back and give me your thoughts on this matter."

I received no response so sent another one in September stating that I was aware the review would continue to be carried out by SY and that won't change but also mentioned several other concerns regarding the honesty and trustworthiness of SY because of the scandals that were continuing in the news (and still are).

FINALLY got a reply last month from the Home Office. Which I will share when I can figure out how to upload an image from my computer.

Last edited by gillyspot on Fri 18 Nov - 15:40; edited 1 time in total
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Empty Re: Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office

Post  gillyspot Fri 18 Nov - 15:37

Sussed it out. Eventually.

Page 1
Letter from Home Office P1" alt="" />

Page 2
Letter from Home Office P2
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :
Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office Empty Re: Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office

Post  Loopdaloop Sat 19 Nov - 1:09

unfortunately your mp is unaware of how much the police services pass the baton when it comes to foi requests.
Impressed by your persistence by the way. Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 307691
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 19 Nov - 1:29

gillyspot

A "Well Done" from me too - it was a admirable effort - better than I could to. As far as the response - it seems to me that the Review is to investigate if there are any more leads to pursue in the search for Madeleine and not to establish what caused her disappearance - so no change there.

10 out of 10 for uploading the reply letter as well! Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 25346
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 19 Nov - 8:50

Thanks for this gillyspot and well done, what I find interesting is these 2 snippets........

The UK Government has continued to liase with the Portuguese following up leads and passing this on to Portuguese Authorities.

UK continuing contribution in the search for Maddy

If this is true then obviously our Government has been involved right from the start, in the beginning for all the wrong reasons and imo think the McCanns have made a BIG mistake picking on this Government and saying that nobody is looking or helping find out what really happened to Maddy.....

They say becareful what you wish for Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 731911
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 19 Nov - 9:37

I think someone HIGH UP would rather cover their arses than get justice for a child.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 19 Nov - 10:24

gillyspot - well, at least you finally got a reply, so that's something! I've a feeling the review will end in a 'no further forward' scenario, the Portuguese police having already investigated those leads that were deemed necessary. As for the actual remit of the investigation, it may well be officially limited to checking that all possible leads were followed up, but of course that doesn't preclude attention being paid to any other points of interest that may arise during discussions with the Portuguese police.

One thing I disagree with - that the details or results of the review are made public. The Portuguese police have only published part of their investigation into the case, withholding information that they wish to keep to themselves. This is sensible, IMO, as police work often needs a high degree of secrecy if it's to be successful in the long run. If SY finds anything of interest but not enough to bring any sort of charge against anyone, then I really hope they follow the PJ's lead and keep it private in case it may be useful in the future. The public's right to know always has to take second place to the right of the police to withhold sensitive or important information.
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 19 Nov - 10:29

Loopdaloop wrote:unfortunately your mp is unaware of how much the police services pass the baton when it comes to foi requests.
Impressed by your persistence by the way. Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 307691

The letter was from someone very high up in the Home Office my MP simply passed on my concerns to them.

I am still cross as it refers to the "search for Madeleine" and asks me to put in a FOI to get information on the findings (we all know how much use they are don't we regarding this case).

I am going to write a further letter just not decided what to put yet.

Thanks to you all for you kind words. Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 944533

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Sat 19 Nov - 10:37

Well done Gillyspot. Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 307691 These are the points that needs pushing with them if you can be bothered with a reply.

The letter says:- 'Since Madeleine's disappearance four years ago, the Portuguese authorities have retained the lead in this case.'

How can the British police defer an investigation into a missing British Citizen under their (so called) care of British Citizens to a police force that has shelved the case

Talk about passing the buck!!!

This bit is a flimsy attempt at trying to portray ongoing support to the Portugese:-

However, the Government has continued to liaise with them and the police have been following up any leads and passing them to Portuguese authorities as appropriate'

What leads fgs - and why pass them to the Portuguese who have shelved the case

As you say the other worrying thing about the letter is the use of McCann-esk type language:-

'That work is underway and is part of the UK's continuing contribution to the search for Madeleine'
and

'The nature and scope of the work will depend on their operational assessment by the MPS of how best their expertise might be used in taking forward the search for Madeleine'

Note:- 'The search for Madeleine' no reference to investigating the crime - no reference to finding the perpetrators and bringing them to justice, just the McCann speak - find Madeleine!

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Sat 19 Nov - 15:34

Excellent work, gillyspot, and thank you! Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 944533

I'm afraid it looks increasingly like NSY are going to do a complete farce of a 'review.' I'm sure if Gerry was caught on CCTV committing the crime..... they would still be looking for the phantom abductor!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 19 Nov - 15:53

Thanks Pennylane & Nostoneunturned
Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 83453
No stone I have taken your thoughts on board and will use them in my letter to the person in the home office (I will also CC David Cameron and my MP on this too).

gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Sat 19 Nov - 16:53

pennylane wrote:Excellent work, gillyspot, and thank you! Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 944533

I'm afraid it looks increasingly like NSY are going to do a complete farce of a 'review.' I'm sure if Gerry was caught on CCTV committing the crime..... they would still be looking for the phantom abductor!

Damn right. It is just a huge farce now, not that it ever wasn't. The only person who looked for the truth is the only person who has appeared in court. You couldn't make this shoite up. If it was episode in a soap opera, it would be taken off air, for being to stupid for anyone to believe!

Well done to Gilly to keep trying though Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 306321 Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 944533
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 19 Nov - 16:59

I'm sure you are all correct with your assumptions that NSY are just going to do a white wash of this "Review"....

But I just can't get my head round the fact that why did Cameron/May need to even agree to a "Review" if nothing was EVER going to allowed to come out, if they know that the McCanns are so very well protected and these two "perfect brillaint parents and fantastic Doctors" are never going to be held to account, and draped in cotton wool for ever and ever because the UK/PT Governments are never going to let it happen, these are the people that are in FULL control of this case then....

WHY BOTHER WITH OR REVIEW THE CASE?????????

It just dosen't make sense to me, can someone explain it to me, however much I go over it,,, this review did not need to be done, this isn't about shutting the public up, because the majority don't give a flying fig, unlike us nutters ....please help Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 234512
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 19 Nov - 17:14

One of the questions I asked was why was the review agreed in 24 hours. No adequate reply.

Clearly it had all been agreed in advance with the McCanns.

Also note that they don't guarantee the "review" will cost a maximum of £3.5 million and we (UK taxpayers) don't get to see the results. Even K & G asked for "transparent" & "open" review but probably they meant it to be as honest and accountable as their "fund" Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 645452
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sat 19 Nov - 18:53

Could it be that 3 plus million AND the best in the UK to look at the case will find there "is absolutely no evidence to show that Madeleine has been harmed" and then the public, well us nutters on the internet will have to Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 36317 and mummy and daddy can continue with any gross fund raising event they and their supporters can think up and that will be it. Money and the best brains in the police find nothing, Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 816281 all we like but the government of the day will have done all they could.
Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 284844 but just saying as I think it will go, unless someone in an unguarded moment Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 956518 Scotland Yard Review - does this give you hope or not? -Now with response from Home Office 948585 tells if not all, enough to set the wheels of justice in motion.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Sat 19 Nov - 19:20

Well done, gillyspot but I agree with kitti's thoughts.......
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down