Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cadaver dog sniffed death

+7
gillyspot
Dimsie
Angelique
kitti
fred
ann_chovey
Christine
11 posters

Go down

cadaver dog sniffed death Empty cadaver dog sniffed death

Post  Christine Fri 18 Nov - 15:21

Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :
cadaver dog sniffed death Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100cadaver dog sniffed death Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

cadaver dog sniffed death Empty Re: cadaver dog sniffed death

Post  gillyspot Fri 18 Nov - 16:02

And the Cadaver dog that sniffed the scent from Prout's home is ....Drumroll......Eddie! cadaver dog sniffed death 294124

Poor Gerry & Kate McCann I bet they are NOT happy about this.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :
cadaver dog sniffed death Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100cadaver dog sniffed death Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Fri 18 Nov - 16:06

gillyspot wrote:And the Cadaver dog that sniffed the scent from Prout's home is ....Drumroll......Eddie! cadaver dog sniffed death 294124

Really cadaver dog sniffed death 29204 I didn't find the name of the dog anywhere.
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 18 Nov - 16:07

It's not on that article it is on an earlier one before he admitted to the murder.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Fri 18 Nov - 16:13

Here is one.

"A sniffer dog called Eddie, which took part in the hunt for missing Madeleine McCann, could not find any trace of her either."

Clearly cadaver evidence doesn't count to the Bristol press.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Husband-charged-Kate-Prout-s-murder/story-11283859-detail/story.html
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 18 Nov - 17:43

Going a bit off topic, I recently caught a repeat of a 2008 programme called Send in the Dogs which featured Eddie and Keela.

http://www.itv.com/PressCentre/SendInTheDogs/Ep2Wk30/default.html

It talked of all the clever things they do but then said that, when they were sent to PDL to search for evidence, it was something to the effect that they only succeeded in complicating the matter. Then there was a commercial break and I assumed that the story would resume afterwards but it didn't. Most bizarre.

Here's a link to some of the other cases that Eddie and Keela have been used in.

http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.com/
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  ann_chovey Fri 18 Nov - 17:54

also.......

http://www.u.tv/News/Attracta-Harron-case-latest/0c618edf-84ee-48ba-9f7c-f9933a8f86e2

Dungannon Crown Court also heard that the riverbank bordered the Concess Road home in Sion Mills of 23-year-old farm labourer Trevor William Hamilton who denies murdering the 65-year-old mother of five on December 11 2003.

Mrs Harron`s naked body, a meal sack for a shroud, was uncovered in the make-shift grave on April 5, 2004 by one of two specially trained police dogs from South Yorkshire Constabulary who had been drafted in to help in solving her disappearance.

Constable John Ellis, said he realised the dog operated by his team-mate Martin Grime, a dog called "Eddie", a Springer Spaniel, had found something, because of his barking.

He added he continued searching with his dog "Frankie" a Border Collie, and that when he approached Constable Grime`s position, "there was a distinct smell of decay".

Constable Grime had told the court that as he searched the hedgerows and riverbank "Eddie" jumped into the stream and at one stage was being swept away by the current.

However, the dog managed to swim back up and jumped unto a pile of stones on the further bank and started barking.

"I immediately noted that he had found something and I made my way to the bank and saw what he had found," said Constable Grime.

The Sheffield based officer revealed this was the second time his team had allegedly uncovered evidence in the case after being called in by Strabane police to help in the search for the retired librarian.

He revealed that in February 2004, during a search of Hamilton`s mother`s burnt out car, "Eddie", allegedly uncovered traces of blood which the prosecution claim came from Mrs Harron.

Blood samples recovered from a mat in the red Hyundai Lantra car when tested for DNA, showed there was a billion to one chance it had not come from the pensioner.

Constable Ellis also claimed that his dog, "Frankie" also uncovered something in the rear of the car.

He said that unlike "Eddie", for some reason his dog did
not stay in the back of the car, but jumped from the vehicle and "alerted me with the dog looking back into the car".

ann_chovey
ann_chovey
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2529
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Fri 18 Nov - 18:11

Them there pesky dogs do keep cropping up don't they? Good job they are notoriously unreliable isn't it sandra?
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 18 Nov - 20:40

gillyspot wrote:And the Cadaver dog that sniffed the scent from Prout's home is ....Drumroll......Eddie! cadaver dog sniffed death 294124

So, another case in which Eddie was right after all! The killer confessed! Oh dear! Hard times at Rothley Towers tonight!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Fri 18 Nov - 23:20

......'they only succeeded in complicating the matter'......I bet they did...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Sat 19 Nov - 1:19

Yay! Just another confirmation of how good Eddie and his familiar "Frankie" are.

I heard on Sky News that apparently Prout though protesting his innocence finally admitted to killing his wife and burying her on his farm after he failed a lie detector test which he had requested. How odd - the mental strain must have been so great he risked failing this test to get, on supposes, some respite. His thinking must have been if he passed he would be believed - or maybe the Police continued to visit him and press him to confess and it became to much.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

cadaver dog sniffed death Empty Lie detector tests

Post  Guest Sat 19 Nov - 8:54

It's indeed strange if Adrian Prout confessed on the strength of failing a lie detector test. I don't hold much store by them as some people are such accomplished liars that they would pass with flying colours. I'm actually thinking of politicians at the moment rather than anyone else! Not to mention that, in the U K at least, these tests aren't acceptable as evidence anyway. I think that, unlike some others who must remain nameless, Adrian Prout's conscience was bothering him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimsie Sat 19 Nov - 10:37

Lie detector tests aren't admissible in British courts, but if I were suspected of a serious crime and I knew I was innocent I'd take one, indeed I'd DEMAND one and if possible I'd want to take it publicly so that everyone could see I had nothing to hide. it would be easy enough to check the reliability of the test by asking some ordinary questions first, before proceeding to the questions about the crime. I wish the McCanns and their friends would ask to take the test; after all, they all (except Kate) have professional jobs where their reputation is important and this would be one way of showing how trustworthy they are (or not). Why would they NOT take such a test?

As for cadaver dogs, yes, the McCanns seem to have no luck there, as time after time cadaver dogs show their reliability. Their worst decision was to try to use the Zapata case as an example of cadaver dogs' unreliability - Eugene Zapata's confession of murder proving the dogs in that case were right all along, even after 27 years. Talk about an own goal. cadaver dog sniffed death 25346
Dimsie
Dimsie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1476
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Sat 19 Nov - 11:32

The McCanns did say they (well Clarrie did) were happy to take a lie detector test to clear their names with the public even though they knew they weren't admissible in a UK court.

Then the McCanns said (well Clarrie did) that they weren't going to take a lie detector test as they are inconclusive and not admissible in a UK court.

Usual McCann doublespeak? Hmm cadaver dog sniffed death 303636
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sat 19 Nov - 20:57

oh another point scored to eddie the mcanns wont like those pesky dogs at all cadaver dog sniffed death 294124
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Fri 25 Nov - 23:41

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065751/Kate-Prout-murder-Human-remains-husband-Adrians-farm-search-body.html

Lassie strikes again....why oh why do the police use these incredibly unreliable creatures....
matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Nov - 9:07

Perhaps they don't travel well? cadaver dog sniffed death 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 26 Nov - 10:16

The End Is Nigh wrote:Perhaps they don't travel well? cadaver dog sniffed death 25346

Well, Eddie and Keela travel in their own, air-conditioned vehicle with their own vet!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 26 Nov - 10:25

Ah, I see: Excessive pampering leading to loss of performance.

A bit like Footballers! (Although the term Wag is applied quite differently)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Sat 26 Nov - 11:16

matthew wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2065751/Kate-Prout-murder-Human-remains-husband-Adrians-farm-search-body.html

Lassie strikes again....why oh why do the police use these incredibly unreliable creatures....

Work generation apparently. The dogs cause confusion for the investigation thus ensuring more police are required to follow up false leads.

It is quite laughable that Eddie alerting to cadaverine in the Prout case is being dismissed in some quarters as a false lead. Er no, Eddie "said" look for a body.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down