Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion

+5
chrissie
Keela
Justiceforallkids
tanszi
Annabel
9 posters

Go down

McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Empty McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion

Post  Annabel Wed 23 Nov - 8:15

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16115671

Gerry McCann McCann To Tell Of Media Intrusion chevron

McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion

Gerry McCann will describe his treatment at the hands of the media at the inquiry

5:47am UK, Wednesday November 23, 2011

David Bowden, senior Sky News correspondent
The father of missing Madeleine McCann will reveal how incessant press attention affected his family's life when he appears before the inquiry into media ethics later.

Gerry McCann's testimony is certain to be among the most moving the Leveson Inquiry will hear.

The abduction of Madeleine on a family holiday in Portugal and the suspicion surrounding Gerry and her mother Kate led to a barrage of highly personal media reports.

:: Watch live coverage of the Leveson Inquiry this week on Sky News HD, iPad and online, which will stream live pictures and host a live blog with tweets from the hearing.

The inquiry, now in its third day, will also hear from Mark Lewis, the lawyer representing the family of murdered schoolgirl Milly Dowler.

Mr Lewis previously negotiated a total of £3m from Rupert Murdoch and News International in compensation for the hacking of Milly's phone.

He also represented Gordon Taylor, boss of the Professional Footballers' Association, winning him a £425,000 settlement from News International as the first phone hacking claimant.

In recent weeks it has been revealed that Mr Lewis was followed by the News Of The World and his ex-wife and daughter were put under surveillance by a private detective working for the paper.

Sheryl Gascoigne

Sheryl Gascoigne, former wife of England footballer Paul

Mr Lewis also believes his phone was hacked.

The inquiry will also take evidence from the former wife of England football star Paul Gascoigne, Sheryl.

Her often troubled relationship with Gascoigne provided the tabloid press with a gold mine of highly personal stories.

Ms Gascoigne's testimony is likely to shed even more light on the dark arts employed by the more unscrupulous extremes of the media in order to dredge up dirt on their targets.

On Tuesday, comedian Steve Coogan likened some parts of the press to the Mafia, saying the underhand methods they use were "just business".

He described how the News Of The World rang him about a story it intended to publish involving an affair he had been having, offering to leave out some of the more "lurid" and "embarrassing" details if he confirmed the story.

The Alan Partridge creator did, only to be told that the entire conversation had been recorded and all the details would be published in the paper, which they were.

As he finished his evidence, Coogan said: "There needs to be a privacy law so that genuine public interest journalism is not besmirched by this tawdry muck-raking."

:: Gallery: Leveson Inquiry Witnesses

The witness schedule:

:: Wednesday November 23

Gerry McCann (father of missing Madeleine), Sheryl Gascoigne (ex-wife of footballer Paul), Tom Rowland (journalist), Mark Lewis (lawyer, represents some phone hacking victims).

:: Thursday November 24

Sienna Miller, Max Mosley, JK Rowling, Mark Thomson (lawyer), HJK (anonymous witness - had a relationship with well-known person).

:: Monday November 28

Charlotte Church, Anne Diamond, Ian Hurst (former British Army intelligence officer), Jane Winter (Northern Ireland human rights campaigner), Chris Jefferies (landlord of murdered Joanna Yeates).
Recommended Stories
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Empty Re: McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion

Post  Annabel Wed 23 Nov - 9:49

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion Empty Re: McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion

Post  Keela Wed 23 Nov - 12:25

Gerry McCann's testimony is certain to be among the most moving the Leveson Inquiry will hear.

Moving????? My bet is if the questions are tough enough it won't be the story which is moving but the bowels of Sir Gerry!!!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 23 Nov - 12:31

it certainly cant be anymore moving that that of Milly Dowler's family.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Wed 23 Nov - 12:36

Keela wrote:Gerry McCann's testimony is certain to be among the most moving the Leveson Inquiry will hear.

Moving????? My bet is if the questions are tough enough it won't be the story which is moving but the bowels of Sir Gerry!!!!!
keela you are naughty i almost choked on my coke zero from laughter hahah!!!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 23 Nov - 13:27

Justiceforallkids wrote:
Keela wrote:Gerry McCann's testimony is certain to be among the most moving the Leveson Inquiry will hear.

Sorry about that!! just couldn't resist. I wish that I could watch it. The thought of Gerry clenching and unclenching his bum in an effort to keep things in place would be worth it!!!!
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 23 Nov - 13:28

Keela wrote:
Justiceforallkids wrote:

Sorry about that!! just couldn't resist. I wish that I could watch it. The thought of Gerry clenching and unclenching his bum in an effort to keep things in place would be worth it!!!!

Love it! McCann To Tell Inquiry Of Media Intrusion 23324
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Wed 23 Nov - 13:34

I was infuriated by that. Even more awful than the Dowlers? Or yesterdays where the lady lost a daughter from being stabbed at school and then her son who comitted suicide from the headlines which claimed her dead daughter was the bully?!

I see Skys not taking comments though, 99% of them are always anti McScam now, most people smell a rat!
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Nov - 19:04

margaret wrote:

I was infuriated by that. Even more awful than the Dowlers? Or yesterdays where the lady lost a daughter from being stabbed at school and then her son who comitted suicide from the headlines which claimed her dead daughter was the bully?!

I see Skys not taking comments though, 99% of them are always anti McScam now, most people smell a rat!

I wonder if the newspapers will be taking comments or just deleting the ones they don't like.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Wed 23 Nov - 19:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
margaret wrote:

I wonder if the newspapers will be taking comments or just deleting the ones they don't like.

I sent four comments into the daily mail earlier today re the McCanns appearance at the Levison Inquiry..... not one was printed.... not even momentarily.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Wed 23 Nov - 19:19

The McCanns Whine To The Leveson Enquiry

http://www.the-bastard.com/index.php?section=57&page=5843
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 Nov - 19:23

almostgothic wrote:The McCanns Whine To The Leveson Enquiry

http://www.the-bastard.com/index.php?section=57&page=5843

The McCanns think they can erase the past. They never placed much emphasis, for example, on Madeleine's eye defect! They never produced all those 'Look for me,' posters and T shirts! Oh yeh!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down