Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Further statement by Silvia Batista

+12
Keela
Bobsy
LJC
Wintabells
tanszi
marxman
jinvta
margaret
maebee
jeanmonroe
Christine
gillyspot
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Empty Re: Further statement by Silvia Batista

Post  marxman Wed 14 Dec - 9:24

Jean-Luc wrote:Interesting that 'Gerry said he closed the shutters'. His fingerprints were not found on the window, Kate's were. I understand that with roller shutters there is a side cord to open/close them, we have them here in France. Did the forensic police dust the shutter cord for fingerprints? If they did and no fingerprints were recognised, perhaps Gerry was wearing gloves! ;-)

Hi Jean-Luc, indeed, Gerry had with him on holiday, several pairs of latex gloves! as found by his bedside locker.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :
Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Empty Re: Further statement by Silvia Batista

Post  Panda Wed 14 Dec - 9:40

marxman wrote:
Jean-Luc wrote:Interesting that 'Gerry said he closed the shutters'. His fingerprints were not found on the window, Kate's were. I understand that with roller shutters there is a side cord to open/close them, we have them here in France. Did the forensic police dust the shutter cord for fingerprints? If they did and no fingerprints were recognised, perhaps Gerry was wearing gloves! ;-)

Hi Jean-Luc, indeed, Gerry had with him on holiday, several pairs of latex gloves! as found by his bedside locker.

Morning Marxman,

It was Kate, in the McCann documentary who said as she opened the door of the Bedroom she felt the force of the wind coming from the
open Window pushing the door and the curtains were blowing. There was only one print found and that was Kate"s on the Window, no sign of the Shutter being jemmied . In Amaral"s reconstruction an expert on the shutters said they could not be jemmied were very heavy to
roll up. In the McCanns Docu, the American Actress hired to play Kate had her script ending up on the cutting room floor because it differed so much from other participants. I just wish that Amaral will have the opportunity at the Trial to use all these disrepancies in their
statements to prove they lied.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Wed 14 Dec - 10:12

If JT assumed that this child carrying man walking from left to right accross the top of the road was carrying a child back home from the creche, then where is the creche? Somewhere in the car park Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 303636
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Wed 14 Dec - 10:51

With regard to the 'shutter' story. I always found this very implausable
as an egress. Think about it. Who would make an exit through an opening
into an unknown? Especially, when other routes ie the door/patio where
available and better placed to assess escape value.
I think it was a case of 'guilding the lilly' and over-complicating what
should have been a simple staging.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 14 Dec - 12:35

When she arrived near the GNR officers, she verified that Gerry,
Madeleine’s father, was behind her, in the company of another individual
whose identity she doesn’t remember. At that moment, Gerry placed both
knees on the floor, hit the floor with both hands, too, placing himself
like a praying Arab, and shouted out twice in rage, and it was not
possible to understand what he said
. Then Gerry got back on his feet and
accompanied the deponent and the other individual who was in the GNR
car, to apartment 5A.

So even though she was able to translate and understood English - she could not understand what Gerry shouted. Latin maybe?
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Wed 14 Dec - 12:53

im no sure about that posturing; i know people do unusual things in shock, but it seems be placed his knees on the floor and hit it with both hands before shouting in rage. What was he shouting in rage about, he didnt know at that point his daughter wouldnt be found, did he? Im quite sure the McCs didnt expect so many Portuguese to speak, understand and translate English, maybe thats what he was shouting in rage about. jimo
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Dec - 12:54

Angelique wrote:

So even though she was able to translate and understood English - she could not understand what Gerry shouted. Latin maybe?

Gorbals.

No, really.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Wed 14 Dec - 12:58

"alerted and for dogs to be brought in for the search. Concerning the
others, she can only recall that Fiona and her husband, Payne, were
hysterical about the situation
. At a given moment, right after the PJ’s
elements arrived, the child’s parents removed the twins from the cots"

This is very telling as well - together with the cream coloured trousers. But I still recall seeing Gerry wearing long full length cream coloured trousers in an interview but can't find any confirming video now.
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 14 Dec - 13:08

Thanks for your response, Margaret (re; the description of the direction Bundleman was 'seen' walking in) and yes, I agree, this could be just a bit of confusion over the description/wording etc.

On another note - I can't work out if Gerry fell to his knees at the moment when the police arrived, or if they were already there? There were two sets of police weren't there? the GNR and then the PJ came later. Silvia seems to be saying Gerry fell to his knees in the presence of the GNR and I'm wondering if this was a sort of 'THANK THE LORD YOU'RE FINALLY HERE' sort of performance ... or some sort of 'WHERE ARE THE PROPER POLICE??? I'M SO DESPERATE' kind of thing?

or just lousy acting.

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Wed 14 Dec - 13:50

jinvta wrote:"The windows were closed and the curtains slightly open. Gerry, who accompanied the deponent during this visit, with the GNR officers also present, said that it had been him who had closed the window because the babies were still sleeping inside, which the deponent could verify as true. Gerry mentioned that when he noticed that Madeleine was missing, he had found the window and shutters open, and the curtains fluttering."

So, apparently Gerry is saying that Kate did not even bother to shut the window or the shutters before running out of the apartment to the Tapas Bar to inform the world of the immaculate abduction.

If, as Gerry says, he is the one who shut the window, then why are Kate's the only prints that were found on the window? The only possible answer can be that she opened the window!

Still does not make sense to me. If you suspect a crime has been committed because your child is missing, which is a pretty serious crime to my mind, why would you set about contaminating potential evidence by fingering the shutters and curtains and windows? You would not, would you? Surely you would quickly remove the sleeping twins from the room so they did not feel the chill, whilst at the same time making sure the police are alerted via an emergency telephone number. I always thought it was the law that all holiday accommodations have to have emergency phone numbers situated in a prominant location within the holiday residence, and the police emergency services in Portugal would surely be able to speak and understand basic English, as well as other languages. But, putting the police emergency tel. no. to one side, you would not finger a crime scene, its a definite no no situation. The police would have a far better idea as to what had happened if they found the scene in the room exactly as the McCanns claim to have found it. Surely the McCanns priority should have been Madeleine and the twins, not the shutters, curtains and windows?
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Wed 14 Dec - 14:53

Kneeling on the ground, I bet he got his trouser legs mucky Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 25346
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Wed 14 Dec - 15:20

Bobsy wrote:Kneeling on the ground, I bet he got his trouser legs mucky Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 25346

Which might be precisely the reason for kneeling on the ground.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 14 Dec - 16:37

Angelique wrote:When she arrived near the GNR officers, she verified that Gerry,
Madeleine’s father, was behind her, in the company of another individual
whose identity she doesn’t remember. At that moment, Gerry placed both
knees on the floor, hit the floor with both hands, too, placing himself
like a praying Arab, and shouted out twice in rage, and it was not
possible to understand what he said
. Then Gerry got back on his feet and
accompanied the deponent and the other individual who was in the GNR
car, to apartment 5A.

She probably couldn"t understand his Scottish accent Angelique. Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelique Thu 15 Dec - 0:28

Panda

Ah...yes good point - I never thought of that.

Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Luc Fri 16 Dec - 21:11

Panda wrote:
marxman wrote:

Morning Marxman,

It was Kate, in the McCann documentary who said as she opened the door of the Bedroom she felt the force of the wind coming from the
open Window pushing the door and the curtains were blowing. There was only one print found and that was Kate"s on the Window, no sign of the Shutter being jemmied . In Amaral"s reconstruction an expert on the shutters said they could not be jemmied were very heavy to
roll up. In the McCanns Docu, the American Actress hired to play Kate had her script ending up on the cutting room floor because it differed so much from other participants. I just wish that Amaral will have the opportunity at the Trial to use all these disrepancies in their

Indeed. Please forgive my non reply but it is 'hurricane bawbag' has arrived here in France these last days, no internet/telephone.

These shutters are impossible to open from the outside. This is a personal experience, I have tried to do this with my neightbour and it was impossible. Of course you are correct. To put together the discrepances would be a step forward.
Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 148
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 16 Dec - 22:12

Jean-Luc wrote:
Panda wrote:
marxman wrote:

Morning Marxman,

Indeed. Please forgive my non reply but it is 'hurricane bawbag' has arrived here in France these last days, no internet/telephone.

These shutters are impossible to open from the outside. This is a personal experience, I have tried to do this with my neightbour and it was impossible. Of course you are correct. To put together the discrepances would be a step forward.

Bawbag? That sounds like a Scottish word.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jean-Luc Sat 17 Dec - 16:15

AnnaEsse wrote:
Jean-Luc wrote:
Panda wrote:
marxman wrote:

Morning Marxman,

Indeed it is Anna!! My in laws in Scotland infrmed me that this was the joke name for the storm over Scotland last week Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 23324
Jean-Luc
Jean-Luc
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 148
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 17 Dec - 19:34

Jean-Luc wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
Jean-Luc wrote:
Panda wrote:
marxman wrote:

Morning Marxman,

Indeed it is Anna!! My in laws in Scotland infrmed me that this was the joke name for the storm over Scotland last week Further statement by Silvia Batista - Page 2 23324

A good name for a hurricane! Must have left people right scunnered!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2