Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL

Go down

THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL  Empty THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL

Post  Annabel Fri 16 Dec - 15:10

http://www.private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=street_of_shame&THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL  Street_of_shame

The Mail and the McCanns

The Daily Mail reported that “Kate McCann felt ‘worthless’ and ‘mentally raped’ after her diary of the days after her daughter vanished was published in the News of the World... Mrs McCann and her husband Gerry, both 43, said they felt some of the coverage of Madeleine’s disappearance was ‘nothing short of disgusting’ and that they had faced a virtual trial by media.”

So which newspaper did Kate McCann say had particularly distressed her with an article from September 2007, headlined “I pray the Portuguese police are careering down the wrong track, but from the start, a terrible nagging doubt has refused to leave me”? That would be the Mail.

Gerry McCann also singled out the Mail for a story from July this year which suggested that Maddie had been seen in India. “It’s probably one of the most recent examples of what I would say is the contempt for Madeleine and her safety,” he told the inquiry. “There was no check... They don’t know whether it’s true, they haven’t contacted us, and additionally we have the issue that if this really was a genuine sighting of Madeleine, then her captors may be alerted and move her.” None of this featured in the Mail’s Leveson coverage.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100THOSE LEVESON LAPSES IN FULL  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum