Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

+10
almostgothic
marxman
cass
Oldartform
Lillyofthevalley
kathybelle
ann_chovey
AnnaEsse
pennylane
malena stool
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Empty Re: Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 10:42

Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:@Panda

Reminds me of the phrase "the quick and the dead"

I'll get my coat Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 284844

TEIN Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 23324

BTW, what"s with the new avatar, who"s the guy doing all that walking.?

It looks like the Grim Reaper to me though without his scythe!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Empty Re: Australian Report on Desmond Statement at Leveson Inquiry

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:48

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:
cass wrote:this is the picture that i hate madeleines birthday ,grrrr - but saying that as upsetting as i think it is more of these should apper in papers , just goes to show , tein a family member of mine died and a younger member of the family said something funny and yes we laughed at him and his innocence , so i know what you mean there , but the mcanns they know how to take a glum picture now

Morning Cass.....the McCanns are also selective as to which photos appear in the Press. Luckily we have Youtube to thank for showing the "other side"
of the McCanns.

There's that 'Happy Talking' video!

ETA:

Thanks AnnaEsse.......a picture paints a thousand words. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:54

@ kathybelle

The opening sentence of a book I read a long time ago by Bryan Forbes (he was a British fim Actor and Director) was "Grief is a form of self pity" and when
you think about it , it is.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 10:56

Not Born Yesterday wrote:
Panda wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:@Panda

Reminds me of the phrase "the quick and the dead"

I'll get my coat Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 284844

It looks like the Grim Reaper to me though without his scythe!

Morning NBW....yes I thought that too, but where is the scythe and why is he in such a hurry. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 11:15

Panda wrote:

Best I could come up with to illustrate "The End Is Nigh" ............ a Grim Reaper type of thing.

Got fed up with Detectives.

Edit: Yup, NBY, you got it!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 15 Jan - 11:28

Panda wrote:
Lillyofthevalley wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2012/jan/13/richard-desmond-leveson-inquiry?newsfeed=true

Could someone be goading a certain Mr Desmond here I wonder??

Morning Lillyofthevalley........I suspect some of it is out of disdain because Desmond made his money from "Adult" Magazines. However, he was right to
criticise the PCC, at the Meeting where Max Mosely and Gerry McCann complained about the reporting of the Press, the PCC seemed indifferent and
the fact that one of the Members is/was a Newspaper Editor would hardly give the PCC credibility.

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 306321 Panda and Morning to you too,
Yes there seems to be alot of dislike for Desmond because of how he has made his money,( I used tobe one of them) Im pleased with what Ive seen of Desmond in the interviewing on the Leveson fiasco show and its totaly changed my attitude of this guy, standing upto Leveson & co.

IMO its going tobe the Express that is going to break ranks and turn on the McCanns as soon as the time is right and how Desmond spoke recently I dont think that will be long either, they will know that the majority of the UK think there is something fishy with this whole case.

I was thinking of starting a new thread saying is it worth us posters sending a few supporting e-mails to the Express supporting Desmond theory that the Mcs love/hate of the press and using them to their advantage when it was needed.
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 11:40

The End Is Nigh wrote:
Panda wrote:

Best I could come up with to illustrate "The End Is Nigh" ............ a Grim Reaper type of thing.

Got fed up with Detectives.

Edit: Yup, NBY, you got it!

Actually, it"s very good.....I can"t even draw a square. Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 294124 You need a scythe though , it looks like like a lamp post he is holding and needs to slow down a bit. Is it all your own work?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Jan - 11:52

I'll PM you with all my secrets - getting too Off Topic, methinks Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Sun 15 Jan - 12:15

The End Is Nigh wrote:I know this pic (and others) always look bad - inappropriate - but I wonder just how many were taken before one unguarded and very brief moment stood out?

Not a fan of these people by the remotest stretch of the imagination - far from it - but reading much into (literally) a snapshot in time goes against the grain.

A pall bearer at my Mother In Law's funeral inadvertently tripped over one of those flower receptacles with a metal cover while helping move the coffin to her designated grave. Several people laughed as a natural human reaction. Obviously dour mode was immediately resumed.

I`m glad you brought this up because I always knew that laughter was because of a lose balloon that no one could control - there are other pictures somewhere of what`s going on just before, and indeed it looks like one of those `hysterical` moments when sadness polarises into giggles. I worked in a Funeral Directors and the slightest diversion from the reality of the occasion can cause this to happen. However I wouldn`t go along with this explanation for GMs balcony laugh.

Just trying to keep things balanced.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  cass Sun 15 Jan - 12:35

thanks for the videos Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 307691 poor gerry very upset he has a missing daughter NOT Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 371436
cass
cass
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1654
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 15 Jan - 12:41

cass wrote:thanks for the videos Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 307691 poor gerry very upset he has a missing daughter NOT Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 371436

Its like when you go to your bank and you find that your student loan
is over-drawn! (or words to that order) Gerryspeak.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 15 Jan - 12:47

The press always shoot lots of photos in quick succession so yes it is not unusual for all sorts of facial expressions and grimaces to appear in a series of photographs shot in this fashion. Therefore the laughing could indeed have been a momentary thing. However Photographs are then selected by the editor to compliment the story, i.e. sad, glum or distraught for grieving, smiling, laughing for happy etc. You can always tell the newspaper's attitude from whether the accompanying photograph is 'flattering' or 'unflattering'. IMO it is very significant that The Australian has deliberately decided to select and use a photograph conveying the happiness of the grieving parents. It compliments the story inasmuch as the story is about Desmond's testimony at the inquiry where he maintains that the McCanns were 'happy' to let the many stories run which were appearing about them at that time. This is then The Australian supporting Desmond against the McCanns if you like. Interesting because The Australian is part of the Murdoch empire. Significant because it's the first English language newspaper to print anything 'unflattering' about the McCanns for a very long time.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sun 15 Jan - 12:54

T4two wrote:The press always shoot lots of photos in quick succession so yes it is not unusual for all sorts of facial expressions and grimaces to appear in a series of photographs shot in this fashion. Therefore the laughing could indeed have been a momentary thing. However Photographs are then selected by the editor to compliment the story, i.e. sad, glum or distraught for grieving, smiling, laughing for happy etc. You can always tell the newspaper's attitude from whether the accompanying photograph is 'flattering' or 'unflattering'. IMO it is very significant that The Australian has deliberately decided to select and use a photograph conveying the happiness of the grieving parents. It compliments the story inasmuch as the story is about Desmond's testimony at the inquiry where he maintains that the McCanns were 'happy' to let the many stories run which were appearing about them at that time. This is then The Australian supporting Desmond against the McCanns if you like. Interesting because The Australian is part of the Murdoch empire. Significant because it's the first English language newspaper to print anything 'unflattering' about the McCanns for a very long time.

Can we expect a 'wind of change' developing within
the Murdoch empire? New balls please! Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 15 Jan - 13:08

I can't do a link to the original full article because it asks for a login/subscription.
But it does appear fully on Google News (madeleine mccann search terms, sorted by date) but doesn't have the 'laughing' photo on it - but there is a much more sober-looking one.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Australian Report on Desmond Statement at  Leveson Inquiry  - Page 2 Empty the birthday pictures

Post  amber Sun 15 Jan - 14:16

it wouldn't be so bad if there were just the one snap of them. If you look on Pamalams site on the Madeleines 4th Birthday you will see 13 snaps one after the other of the grieving parents walking out of church and down the path laughing merrily all the way accepting flowers and gifts.

I'm not sure but I think they were trying out the royal walk, if they hadn't been made arguidos they would have done the royal wave on their way home to Rothley.
Just think if they had had no need to slink back home then Mr Smith would never have seen Gerry carrying a baby in that manner and Mr Smith wouldn't have put two and two together - shame eh

amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 80
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 14:26

amber wrote: it wouldn't be so bad if there were just the one snap of them. If you look on Pamalams site on the Madeleines 4th Birthday you will see 13 snaps one after the other of the grieving parents walking out of church and down the path laughing merrily all the way accepting flowers and gifts.

I'm not sure but I think they were trying out the royal walk, if they hadn't been made arguidos they would have done the royal wave on their way home to Rothley.
Just think if they had had no need to slink back home then Mr Smith would never have seen Gerry carrying a baby in that manner and Mr Smith wouldn't have put two and two together - shame eh

Hi Amber, if it wasn"t for the Fund so hurriedly set up , they would have been back on Rothley within a month. They abused all the sympathy and help
from the Portuges people living in PDL and Jane Hill of the BBC and Sandra Felquiras are the only 2 Interviewees to ask direct questions.

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Sun 15 Jan - 14:53

ahhh the fund no wonder they were laughing its a wonder we haven't seen snaps of them rubbing their hands together. I bet they liked the film Caberet, you remember the song 'money money money'
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Jan - 15:02

amber wrote:ahhh the fund no wonder they were laughing its a wonder we haven't seen snaps of them rubbing their hands together. I bet they liked the film Caberet, you remember the song 'money money money'

Money certainly made their World go around and if any decent British Newspaper investigated the Fund, the McCanns would by charged with Fraud.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  amber Sun 15 Jan - 15:20

go on name one decent British newspaper

Did have high hopes for the Independent but since the Russians took over .
. downhill into the gutter with all the rest.
amber
amber
Rookie
Rookie

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 15 Jan - 15:40

amber wrote: go on name one decent British newspaper

Did have high hopes for the Independent but since the Russians took over .
. downhill into the gutter with all the rest.

Decent and British newspaper = oxymoron
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 15 Jan - 16:13

Your right about photographers snapping ten to the dozen....they could off easilly picked a solemn one, but they chose not to...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2