Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012

+14
T4two
jd16
NoStone
dazedandconfused
matthew
jeanmonroe
kitti
gillyspot
Annabel
dutchclogs
fred
Lillyofthevalley
jay2001
Wallflower
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012

Post  NoStone Thu 2 Feb - 16:37

However, sources say the inquiry could take years to complete and they have played down hopes of a major breakthrough in the review so far.

This means that they are not ready to cut to the quick, conclude there was no abduction and arrest the parents IMO!

Like the Mc's and their fund - you can spend forever and ££££££'s chasing the wild (golden) goose - an abduction that never happened - it becomes a neverending story. But this tells us all does'nt it? That we are plodding our (expensive) way through and 'investigative review' of an abduction and not even looking at any alternative thesis!

So we are in for a prolonged whitewash - unless of course they hit upon something that might purport to support an abduction theory - I guess they will keep plodding till they do. How very sad for British 'justice' how very telling of the power of the establishment under which we cower - as if under a dark cold stone. Is this Little Britain?

NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :
Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 2 Feb - 16:40

NoStone wrote:However, sources say the inquiry could take years to complete and they have played down hopes of a major breakthrough in the review so far.

This means that they are not ready to cut to the quick, conclude there was no abduction and arrest the parents IMO!

Like the Mc's and their fund - you can spend forever and ££££££'s chasing the wild (golden) goose - an abduction that never happened - it becomes a neverending story. But this tells us all does'nt it? That we are plodding our (expensive) way through and 'investigative review' of an abduction and not even looking at any alternative thesis!

So we are in for a prolonged whitewash - unless of course they hit upon something that might purport to support an abduction theory - I guess they will keep plodding till they do. How very sad for British 'justice' how very telling of the power of the establishment under which we cower - as if under a dark cold stone. Is this Little Britain?

Those are my thoughts too.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :
Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 2 Feb - 16:46

So there was nothing significant in the 30 boxes of evidence that they took from M3 last November which they claimed contained up to eight "important new leads" then..A fact we were reminded about yesterday in all the papers
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 2 Feb - 16:53

This article is appearing in more and more newspapers such as the Daily Mail and now the Mirror. No doubt in a few days time the Leicester Mercury will catch up and get round to printing it too. This makes me think that it is Clarrie cut & paste 'journalism by numbers' for lazy journos. Could it be a way of fishing for information? Scotland Yard are playing things close to their chest, as is usual for the British police it must be said - so has TM released this article according to the motto, "Write something provocative, even if it's a pack of lies in the hope that someone in the know will say something, if only to deny specific allegations?" Of course, judging by the reactions on various fora, the article is also fulfilling the function of strengthening posters' suspicions of the Scotland Yard investigative review itself, but I'd like to think that the dissemination of this article by TM is a sign that they are getting nervous.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  NoStone Thu 2 Feb - 17:02

T4two wrote:This article is appearing in more and more newspapers such as the Daily Mail and now the Mirror. No doubt in a few days time the Leicester Mercury will catch up and get round to printing it too. This makes me think that it is Clarrie cut & paste 'journalism by numbers' for lazy journos. Could it be a way of fishing for information? Scotland Yard are playing things close to their chest, as is usual for the British police it must be said - so has TM released this article according to the motto, "Write something provocative, even if it's a pack of lies in the hope that someone in the know will say something, if only to deny specific allegations?" Of course, judging by the reactions on various fora, the article also is also fulfilling the function of strengthening posters' suspicions of the Scotland Yard investigative review itself, but I'd like to think that the dissemination of this article by TM is a sign that they are getting nervous.

Well I am sincerly hoping you are right T4two - if it (the investigative review) does drag on for years - then it will also tell us all that there is no obvious evidence to support an abduction so the longer it goes on, the more the finger must swing in the other direction, the direction that that we have all been pointed towards for a very long time and that needs to be drawn to a conclusion. % years is too long for this to be hanging around as an unsloved case as there is sufficent out there to call a few folks in and start questioning and picking at the discepencies.
NoStone
NoStone
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 620
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 2 Feb - 17:04

T4two wrote:This article is appearing in more and more newspapers such as the Daily Mail and now the Mirror. No doubt in a few days time the Leicester Mercury will catch up and get round to printing it too. This makes me think that it is Clarrie cut & paste 'journalism by numbers' for lazy journos. Could it be a way of fishing for information? Scotland Yard are playing things close to their chest, as is usual for the British police it must be said - so has TM released this article according to the motto, "Write something provocative, even if it's a pack of lies in the hope that someone in the know will say something, if only to deny specific allegations?" Of course, judging by the reactions on various fora, the article is also fulfilling the function of strengthening posters' suspicions of the Scotland Yard investigative review itself, but I'd like to think that the dissemination of this article by TM is a sign that they are getting nervous.

Interesting observation T42....I can see what you mean and you could well be right. It is mccann sourced and spun after all, so this would make sense of the motive of it and at this particular point in time
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Thu 2 Feb - 18:32

The Mercury finally catches up.... 2 Feb 2012

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Maddy-review-cost-nearly-pound-2m/story-15107432-detail/story.html

'Maddy review to cost nearly £2m' .Thursday, February 02, 2012 Leicester Mercury

Follow.A police review of the Madeleine McCann case is expected to cost nearly £2 million in its first year.

Detectives from the Metropolitan Police's Homicide and Serious Crime Command are carrying out a re-examination of the original investigation into the girl's disappearance in Portugal in May 2007.

Since beginning work last May, the British officers have travelled to Spain and Portugal to pursue lines of inquiry into the disappearance of the youngster from Rothley.

Scotland Yard said it expected to recover £1.9 million from the Home Office for the cost of the Madeleine case review up to the end of March this year, of which it has already claimed for £800,000.

Madeleine was three when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in the resort of Praia da Luz on May 3 2007 as her parents Kate and Gerry dined with friends nearby.

Portuguese detectives, helped by officers from Leicestershire Police, carried out a massive investigation into her disappearance.

But the official inquiry was formally shelved in July 2008 and no police force has been actively looking for her.

malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Thu 2 Feb - 18:42

Hi malena Met bill for Maddy soars to £2million, 01 February 2012 - Page 2 306321 That's pretty fast going for the Mercury. Must have sharpened their scissors or they've got themselves some new quick-drying paste. I'm impressed.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Thu 2 Feb - 22:54

What I find so sickening about this gross & vulgar waste of money is - not one child has been helped by all this funding & manpower. Not one single child! There are children missing from all of the world; children being abused all over the World; paedophile networks all over the world; (more importantly, rife in the places connected to Madeleine McCann: Leicestershire, Portugal, Donegal & Scotland). I would have thought with all this investigating and searching for Madeleine they would have uncovered something, helped even just one child along the way?

Or maybe they have cracked some other cases and haven't released the information? But I find it hard to believe that their PR machine wouldn't be spinning like crazy at the chance to justify where all the money has gone and garner a boost in support from a jaded public if they had.

Last edited by Sara_Rose_ on Thu 2 Feb - 23:02; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add text)
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  the slave Thu 2 Feb - 23:42

Well all I can say is , the Rogatory interviews were conducted in ENGLISH. One listen/watch of those and I'm sure any real policeman would know what was afoot.
Who in their right mind could ignore the Payne interview , with his not remembering Kate in her towel, freshly showered?
Most coppers worth the name would just know......
the slave
the slave
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 280
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Thu 2 Feb - 23:50

News agency's cobble together these stories then sell them on to the papers,its a nothing story as usual but anything with 'Maddie' in the headline is still good currency.Scotland Yard will have had nothing to do with this and those 'sources' will have no names.Maybe a fishing trip but more likely some hacks monthly 'Maddie' timers gone off.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Fri 3 Feb - 9:49

[quote="the slave"]Well all I can say is , the Rogatory interviews were conducted in ENGLISH. One listen/watch of those and I'm sure any real policeman would know what was afoot.
Who in their right mind could ignore the Payne interview , with his not remembering Kate in her towel, freshly showered?
Most coppers worth the name would just know
I'm sure most 'thinking people' on the planet know that are many anomalies in the parent's and their friend's story line, but for some inexplicable reason there is a complete blackout on the truth surrounding Madeleine's disappearance being released. Instead, in my opinion, because of obvious New Labour interference in the Police and Judiciary system in the form of gagging orders, abuse of our ridiculous laws of libel and media monitoring propaganda, the media has been coerced into supporting and promoting what is little more than the script for a cheap amateur tv soap plot.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2