Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

+24
Sara_Rose_
Karen
tigger
margaret
jd16
contrary
Annabel
jejune
T4two
LJC
jay2001
Autumn
Lioned
Keela
almostgothic
Claudia79
AnnaEsse
wjk
pennylane
marxman
Krisy22
the slave
gillyspot
dutchclogs
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Empty Re: Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

Post  Karen Fri 3 Feb - 13:51

tigger wrote:
jd16 wrote:

Now this is a first....are the press finally being strong enough to fight for the truth and for freedom of speech...I wait with baited breath that they are

The Leveson inquiry with a lot of semi- or fading celebrities trying to get public sympathy has really riled the press, I think. Because most of the time, these people want to be written about, want their pictures on the front page and do pretty well anything they can to make that happen.

As far as the McC hijack of the thing goes, they've played the media well, getting masses of compensation and afterwards Carter Ruck to tell the papers what would happen if anything appears in print that TM doesn't like. Leveson is all but licking their boots and that hasn't gone down well with the press.
It's five years now, the tide is turning, I can feel it in my toes!

I too can feel it, I cannot for the life of me fathom Mr Cameron being aware of the existing eveidence and the bewk (s) and allowing a whitewash. Imagine the embarrasment for all "Major players" in this fiasco once the nail is hit on the head in the not too distance future, I certainly wouldnt want to be in their shoes when it does.
It will happen of that I am certain.
Pat Brown will be tete- a tete(ing) with Sir Amaral, gathering all her ammunition for HER Libel against the McCanns - this time the McCanns have put their scrawny little hands to far in the cookie jar!
Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :
Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Empty Re: Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 14:04

Well whatever Leveson concludes and whatever steps are taken to improve (???) regulation and complaints procedures, it'll all take time.

Time enough for one last hurrah from those Editors and Journos of the old school to show just what they can do to benefit truth and Justice.

What better swansong than to really get stuck in to exposing the McSham in all its tawdry detail?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara_Rose_ Fri 3 Feb - 15:04

The End Is Nigh wrote:Well whatever Leveson concludes and whatever steps are taken to improve (???) regulation and complaints procedures, it'll all take time.

Time enough for one last hurrah from those Editors and Journos of the old school to show just what they can do to benefit truth and Justice.

What better swansong than to really get stuck in to exposing the McSham in all its tawdry detail?

I like this post, gives me hope. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 944533

I'm also confident there's still a lot decent journalists out there that will not let one of the most infamous cover-ups of our time go unreported on. 2012 is going to be a very interesting year.
Sara_Rose_
Sara_Rose_
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 56
Warning :
Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Fri 3 Feb - 18:32

Sara_Rose_ wrote:
The End Is Nigh wrote:Well whatever Leveson concludes and whatever steps are taken to improve (???) regulation and complaints procedures, it'll all take time.

I like this post, gives me hope. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 944533

I'm also confident there's still a lot decent journalists out there that will not let one of the most infamous cover-ups of our time go unreported on. 2012 is going to be a very interesting year.

I am not sure I have much faith in any of our journalists since at the end of the day it is the editors who decide. Leveson has demonstrated he intends to use this one story as the big stick to beat all the papers with so don't hold your breath for anyone breaking ranks..
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 18:51

Chris wrote:
I am not sure I have much faith in any of our journalists since at the end of the day it is the editors who decide. Leveson has demonstrated he intends to use this one story as the big stick to beat all the papers with so don't hold your breath for anyone breaking ranks..

Phew!

Good job I made specific mention of Editors then Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 3 Feb - 19:07

The two great reporters, Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein, had the backing of their editor, Ben Bradlee, ALSO THE OWNER, Katharine Graham, when they did their investigation of President Nixon's involvement in the Watergate scandal.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Fri 3 Feb - 19:34

margaret wrote:
Gerry and Kate McCann has spent some 2.5 million pounds on the supposed search for their daughter, Madeline

I loved this bit. Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 23324

Welcome to the rest of your lives Kate and Gerry, if the Met whitewash this review libel and counter libel will be your future from now on, and sooner or later your money will run out - what then.....?

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 302722 Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 302722

Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 391499

Spot on margaret Cease and Desist Letter issued to Gerry and Kate McCann - Page 3 944533
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Fri 3 Feb - 21:42

Pat Brown has just tweeted a "thank you" to the Missing Madeleine forum for publishing the press release regarding the cease and desist letter to the McCanns.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 3 Feb - 21:57

That's excellent - This wonderful woman is a shining beacon of hope.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie1 Fri 3 Feb - 22:37

Lets hope Pat Brown makes a break through and gets the news papers to report it. Ive been helping Kate for the last 5 years to search for maddie on my computor, she's not here, best go look under stones Katie
chrissie1
chrissie1
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 203
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3