Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reasons for Optimism or not

+6
jd16
pennylane
almostgothic
Keela
T4two
MaryB
10 posters

Go down

Reasons for Optimism or not Empty Reasons for Optimism or not

Post  MaryB Thu 2 Feb - 13:17

By optimism I mean will this case be solved or not. Surely whatever stand you take, people hope that this case is solved finally and in a satisfactory way to get to the truth of what happened to Madeleine. I must say the waters seem from where I am at the moment very murky in that nothing is happening and it is difficult to see any end in sight. I can't say that I agree the tide is turning but that's only my opinion. I think with the postponement of the libel cases till April that isn't really good news at all. The only positive thing I can say is that it seems to me that there has been hardly any of the usual style of articles about the McCanns lately in the main newspapers. I think it is quite possible they will win there case and silence people who question their version of events.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Reasons for Optimism or not Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Reasons for Optimism or not Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Reasons for Optimism or not Empty Re: Reasons for Optimism or not

Post  T4two Thu 2 Feb - 14:33

MaryB wrote:By optimism I mean will this case be solved or not. Surely whatever stand you take, people hope that this case is solved finally and in a satisfactory way to get to the truth of what happened to Madeleine. I must say the waters seem from where I am at the moment very murky in that nothing is happening and it is difficult to see any end in sight. I can't say that I agree the tide is turning but that's only my opinion. I think with the postponement of the libel cases till April that isn't really good news at all. The only positive thing I can say is that it seems to me that there has been hardly any of the usual style of articles about the McCanns lately in the main newspapers. I think it is quite possible they will win there case and silence people who question their version of events.

IMO they will never silence people. People like Mr. Amaral for example or Pat Brown or Tony Bennett or bloggers like Himself or Blacksmith and others don't just fade away or allow themselves to be intimidated into silence. There's an investigative review being carried out by Scotland Yard. One hears nothing. Although this is typically the way that Scotland Yard operate, it does leave the stage free for speculation and cover-up or whitewash theorists. It's quite possible that they will win the case against Amaral, but this will not stop him taking it to the next stage. Tony Bennett could very well lose his contempt case and be sued by the McCanns, but IMO this will not shut him up either. I have a feeling that the McCann-Carter Ruck activities are increasingly being seen with some consternation in some important quarters as a very real threat to freedom of expression and misuse of the libel laws. The more they carry on threatening and suing, the greater that consternation will grow, until it encompasses a body of mainstream opinion and action is taken to put an end to it. Therefore I see every reason to be optimistic that the case of Madeleine's disappearance will eventually be solved and indeed, I personally think that it will be solved sooner than anyone dares to hope at the present time.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :
Reasons for Optimism or not Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Reasons for Optimism or not Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Keela Thu 2 Feb - 14:41

T4two wrote:
MaryB wrote:By optimism I mean will this case be solved or not. Surely whatever stand you take, people hope that this case is solved finally and in a satisfactory way to get to the truth of what happened to Madeleine. I must say the waters seem from where I am at the moment very murky in that nothing is happening and it is difficult to see any end in sight. I can't say that I agree the tide is turning but that's only my opinion. I think with the postponement of the libel cases till April that isn't really good news at all. The only positive thing I can say is that it seems to me that there has been hardly any of the usual style of articles about the McCanns lately in the main newspapers. I think it is quite possible they will win there case and silence people who question their version of events.

IMO they will never silence people. People like Mr. Amaral for example or Pat Brown or Tony Bennett or bloggers like Himself or Blacksmith and others don't just fade away or allow themselves to be intimidated into silence. There's an investigative review being carried out by Scotland Yard. One hears nothing. Although this is typically the way that Scotland Yard operate, it does leave the stage free for speculation and cover-up or whitewash theorists. It's quite possible that they will win the case against Amaral, but this will not stop him taking it to the next stage. Tony Bennett could very well lose his contempt case and be sued by the McCanns, but IMO this will not shut him up either. I have a feeling that the McCann-Carter Ruck activities are increasingly being seen with some consternation in some important quarters as a very real threat to freedom of expression and misuse of the libel laws. The more they carry on threatening and suing, the greater that consternation will grow, until it encompasses a body of mainstream opinion and action is taken to put an end to it. Therefore I see every reason to be optimistic that the case of Madeleine's disappearance will eventually be solved and indeed, I personally think that it will be solved sooner than anyone dares to hope at the present time.

Re your last sentence, I do so hope that you are right. This needs to be resolved so that this little girl who her parents had such high disregard for can be given the peace she deserves.
Keela
Keela
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 2360
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Thu 2 Feb - 14:44

My reason for being optimistic is that I can't think of a reason not to be.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Thu 2 Feb - 15:07

Fantastic Post T4two! Reasons for Optimism or not 944533

A lot has changed since Gordon Brown and Clarence Mitchell helped prop up the McCann circus, and Rupert Murdoch reigned supreme.

The Met's reputation has taken a severe battering and heads have rolled from the top on down, and dodgy practices are being exposed regularly. These are turbulent times for both the press and the police, and I'll wager loyalties are changing behind the scenes as some are scapegoated, whilst others skate on.

I hold out hope that this odious couple will be exposed from a direction they did not see coming, and I actually feel a tad optimistic these days... which is most unusual for me where this case is concerned.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Thu 2 Feb - 15:09

I too feel optimistic and it will start to develop properly from Feb 6th 2012 Reasons for Optimism or not 25346
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  JOHNFRANCIS Thu 2 Feb - 16:18

jd16 wrote:I too feel optimistic and it will start to develop properly from Feb 6th 2012 Reasons for Optimism or not 25346

Reasons for Optimism or not 307691 Reasons for Optimism or not Icon_flower
JOHNFRANCIS
JOHNFRANCIS
Reg Member
Reg Member

Female
Number of posts : 152
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Thu 2 Feb - 16:38

My feelings lean towards frustration and disbelief rather than optimism, but I'm always a glass half empty sort of person.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Thu 2 Feb - 17:19

My reason for optimism is purely that surely not everyone in politics, the judiciary and crime fighting is corrupt.

Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 2 Feb - 20:08

Great Post T4two, yes I believe this case will be solved sooner rather then late Reasons for Optimism or not 307691
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down