Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EU wants single tax policy.

5 posters

Go down

EU wants single tax policy. Empty EU wants single tax policy.

Post  malena stool Sat 18 Feb - 14:23

http://money.aol.co.uk/2012/02/18/eu-outlines-dream-of-single-tax-policy/

EU outlines dream of single tax policy
.By Chris Wheal, Feb 18, 2012

A top EU official has demanded Britain give up its right to set its own tax rates to stop one country have an advantage over another.

And the cheeky EU commissioner, Algirdas Semeta, had the nerve to come to London to demand it at a meeting hosted by foreigners living in the capital. He was speaking at the Lithuanian City of London Club.

Semeta is the EU commissioner for taxation and customs union, audit and anti-fraud, and was pontificating on the subject of "EU tax coordination and the financial sector"

Financial crisis
"He said the financial crisis had changed the tax landscape. "Gone are the days when taxation could be regarded purely as a money collecting tool. Gone too are the days when each Member State could go off in its own direction, implementing its tax policies in isolation, without a thought to what its neighbours were doing," he said.

"The crisis has highlighted the inter-dependence of Member States, and the need for a strong and coordinated approach in all areas of fiscal policy."

He said the single market had brought great benefits to all European countries but now had to be extended to include a single tax regime. "If we want a strong Single Market, we must work together in taxation. Coordinated tax policies mean more certainty and less red tape - a better environment in which businesses can grow," he argued.

On a mission
Semeta is on a mission to bring about a single taxation policy with how much tax we pay set in Brussels. "It is my duty to ensure that the measures taken do not create new obstacles to the Single Market, and that taxation helps, rather than hinders, our collective return to growth and prosperity," he said.

At the least the interfering busy-body gets the idea that not everyone is enamoured with his proposals. He said: "I am well aware that misunderstandings about EU tax policy sometimes generate fear and resistance. I want to tackle some of those misperceptions head-on today.

"European tax policy is not a threat to national sovereignty. On the contrary, it safeguards Member States' ability to apply successful national tax policies, without being undermined by their neighbour's approach.

"European tax policy is not a chain around the legs of our businesses. In fact, it helps create a simpler and more stable market for businesses, by addressing mismatches and tearing down tax barriers.

"Most importantly, EU tax policy is not a tool to be used to isolate one Member State from the rest. Instead, it is an opportunity to join forces and to be stronger on the global scene.

"To put it simply, a coordinated approach to tax offers every single Member State the opportunity to have better quality revenues, a more attractive environment for business and a more acceptable tax system to citizens."

Making a drama out of a crisis
He went on to outline specific EU-wide taxes he wanted to impose on countries. He ended by saying: "We need to dedramatise the debate surrounding EU tax policy. Instead, let's concentrate on how tax coordination can contribute to the renewed impetus we need to exit the severe crisis Europe is facing.

"And lets also look beyond the crisis, difficult as this may be at the moment. Lets reach for gold standard in European tax policy. We can aspire to a Single Market strengthened by taxation that is simple, fair, business-friendly and attractive to investors."

He couldn't have been much more emphatic. Brussels wants to take control of our tax policy..

Unquote.

It beggars belief surely Cameron can see the writing on the wall... Total control by French and German dictats is on the cards...
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
EU wants single tax policy. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EU wants single tax policy. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

EU wants single tax policy. Empty Re: EU wants single tax policy.

Post  kitti Sat 18 Feb - 14:30

I'll speak for all off us, shall I....FUCK OFF BRUSSELS and while I'm at it......as you don't want the UK to deport Abu Qatarda, , we, in the UK, have clubbed together and bought him a ONE WAY TICKET...to Brussels ..since you feel so highly off his welfare and not bothered about the 65m other people's welfare in the UK...he's in mid air as we speek.....toodly pip and good riddance!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
EU wants single tax policy. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100EU wants single tax policy. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 18 Feb - 14:48

kitti wrote:I'll speak for all off us, shall I....FUCK OFF BRUSSELS and while I'm at it......as you don't want the UK to deport Abu Qatarda, , we, in the UK, have clubbed together and bought him a ONE WAY TICKET...to Brussels ..since you feel so highly off his welfare and not bothered about the 65m other people's welfare in the UK...he's in mid air as we speek.....toodly pip and good riddance!

EU wants single tax policy. 23324 EU wants single tax policy. 23324
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 18 Feb - 15:12

Theresa May is going to Jordan to get assurance that Abu will get a fair Trial. Who the Hell is Lithuania anyway??? As far as the EU is concerned, I
admit the Greece will always be a poor Country because of the laissez fair attitude of successive Governments and the population itself but Merkel and
Sarkozy have spent 2 years trying to find a solution only for Greece to be lumbered with a debt it cannot hope to repay, they should have allowed a
default 2 years ago. Britian has lost so much since joining the Union and successive Governments will not allow a Referendum because they know the
majority of the population would opt out.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sat 18 Feb - 21:52

Angelina wrote:
kitti wrote:I'll speak for all off us, shall I....FUCK OFF BRUSSELS and while I'm at it......as you don't want the UK to deport Abu Qatarda, , we, in the UK, have clubbed together and bought him a ONE WAY TICKET...to Brussels ..since you feel so highly off his welfare and not bothered about the 65m other people's welfare in the UK...he's in mid air as we speek.....toodly pip and good riddance!

Well...lol...can you blame me!!!

I don't even like brussels.....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Sat 18 Feb - 22:10

kitti wrote:
Angelina wrote:

As in country...or veggies? EU wants single tax policy. 294124
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 18 Feb - 23:02

kitti wrote:
Angelina wrote:

I'll have one with my turkey just for tradition and thats all.Their rubbish.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum