Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais

+9
kitti
almostgothic
Annabel
AnnaEsse
duncanmac
kathybelle
jd16
jinvta
Angelique
13 posters

Go down

New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Empty Re: New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais

Post  Angelique Sun 26 Feb - 0:55

Iris

Thank you for this link - and yes, it does sound very good indeed.

I had not thought about the "Ward of Court" situation and how it may play in this legal battle.

So we may yet see a copy of GA's Book here in England and it sounds as though he has been able to continue to keep the profits! This gives me heart warming hope that he has at least been able to afford to pay for his legal defence. New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais 25346
Angelique
Angelique
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3418
Warning :
New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-08-28

Back to top Go down

New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Empty Re: New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais

Post  jd16 Sun 26 Feb - 1:03

Thanks Iris, this is potentially really exciting news coming up New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais 873702

GA now has a police 'super lawyer' and ".....Results will speak for themselves"! He so rightly says (in a country that has at its core freedom of speech) "...after all I've only written what is in the case files"

"At the end of all this (a lot of water is still going to flow in the Thames river...)" Go GA....get them hard! we are right behind you
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :
New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 26 Feb - 1:34

"The problem now is that the trustee of the book copies - the McCann couple's lawyer herself - has not yet returned them to Gonçalo Amaral nor to the book publishers."

How long has it been now since the book ban was overturned and the McCann's exhausted all of their appeals? How can Isabel Duarte continue to keep the books without being in contempt of court? Why is there no punishment for her and why is she not forced to return the books? I just don't get it.

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jd16 Sun 26 Feb - 1:43

jinvta wrote:"The problem now is that the trustee of the book copies - the McCann couple's lawyer herself - has not yet returned them to Gonçalo Amaral nor to the book publishers."

How long has it been now since the book ban was overturned and the McCann's exhausted all of their appeals? How can Isabel Duarte continue to keep the books without being in contempt of court? Why is there no punishment for her and why is she not forced to return the books? I just don't get it.

Me neither
jd16
jd16
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1049
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 26 Feb - 2:26

Goncalo Amaral, denounced the McCanns and Isabel Duarte in a formal letter to the DIAP back in May 2011 for not returning his books. I can only presume Dr Amaral denounced the McCanns as well as Isabel Duarte, because Isabel Duarte was acting on their behalf. I don't know if Isabel Duarte carries the can, for not returning the seized books and if she does, then why has she not been summonsed to court. She disobeyed the Judge, when he ordered her to return the 7500 copies of "The Truth of the Lie"

I don't know anything about the Portuguese law, but maybe someone who does, could say whether the McCanns are also in contempt of court, if they instructed Ms Duarte, not to return the books.

Ever since the McCanns escaped prosecution, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance, they seem to have been under the impression they are above the law. It was quite clear that they lied on oath, when they appeared at the Leveson Inquiry, anyone else would have been severely dealt with, but not them.

There is enough evidence in the files, that show the McCanns played a part in Madeleine's disappearance, but for reasons best known to themselves, S.Y. are dragging out the review, plus they have said that the findings of the review, will not be published. We have a right to know what the findings are, because our taxes are paying for this review.

Someone somewhere, must know why the McCanns are so protected.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 26 Feb - 10:22

jinvta wrote:"The problem now is that the trustee of the book copies - the McCann couple's lawyer herself - has not yet returned them to Gonçalo Amaral nor to the book publishers."

I don't get that one, either. If the boot had been on the other foot, I am quite sure that Goncalo Amaral would be in jail by now, for contempt. Why are Duarte and the McCanns still running around loose? New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais 52433
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  duncanmac Sun 26 Feb - 10:30

I can never quite make out what GA tactics are ?
One minute he says justice works in silence, but every so often throws the odd comment into the arena.
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 26 Feb - 10:35

duncanmac wrote:I can never quite make out what GA tactics are ?
One minute he says justice works in silence, but every so often throws the odd comment into the arena.

Odd comment? You didn't say about what?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Sun 26 Feb - 10:35

One of the comments:

Anonymous said... 2

I have just checked out Santos de Oliveira's image - Amaral's new lawyer. He looks awesomely intelligent.

An undisclosed source told me that (as a result) "Isabel Duarte doubled her intake of Valium and Marinho Pinto is testing a new brand of heavy-duty incontinence pads" (quote/unquote)
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 26 Feb - 10:43

Maybe GA is a fan of cricket.
Lulls them with a few overs of medium-pace, then lobs them a googly when they least expect it.
And wrong-foots them.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 26 Feb - 10:53

IT doesnt really matter a out the OLD book, he has updated his NEW book adding in some extra details.

Perhaps before when he wrote the OLD book he wanted to be KIND to the mccanns.

Now....they don't deserve his kindness and he has stopped skirting round them in case they are upset.....the NEW book is still about the truth but it is the WHOLE truth that he has now printed, in full.

Go get em, Goncarlo......treat them the way they have treated you.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sun 26 Feb - 14:30

Wouldn't the McCanns love to know?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 26 Feb - 15:16

I agree Kitti. If Amaral had a new updated book to sell then he wouldn't need the old ones back BUT if the court order is not carried out and the old books are not returned then that can only be an enormous help to him in future court decisions! The longer they are not returned, the better IMO.
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 16:00

kathybelle wrote:Goncalo Amaral, denounced the McCanns and Isabel Duarte in a formal letter to the DIAP back in May 2011 for not returning his books. I can only presume Dr Amaral denounced the McCanns as well as Isabel Duarte, because Isabel Duarte was acting on their behalf. I don't know if Isabel Duarte carries the can, for not returning the seized books and if she does, then why has she not been summonsed to court. She disobeyed the Judge, when he ordered her to return the 7500 copies of "The Truth of the Lie"

I don't know anything about the Portuguese law, but maybe someone who does, could say whether the McCanns are also in contempt of court, if they instructed Ms Duarte, not to return the books.

Ever since the McCanns escaped prosecution, for their part in Madeleine's disappearance, they seem to have been under the impression they are above the law. It was quite clear that they lied on oath, when they appeared at the Leveson Inquiry, anyone else would have been severely dealt with, but not them.

There is enough evidence in the files, that show the McCanns played a part in Madeleine's disappearance, but for reasons best known to themselves, S.Y. are dragging out the review, plus they have said that the findings of the review, will not be published. We have a right to know what the findings are, because our taxes are paying for this review.

Someone somewhere, must know why the McCanns are so protected.

I dont think they are protected by any Governments kathybelle, we have had the McCanns dropping in conversations (and Kates book) that they had spoken to Brown(they had his direct number) or he rang them, they wanted give the impression that they must be innocent of any wrong doing (Blair and Brown got involved at the begining without knowing anything about the case, just wanting the good publicity, them TRYING to help imo) because look the PM of the UK is talking everyday to us.

The protection comes from the FUND and Carter Ruck, while the McCanns are dishing the money out to CR to sue all and sundry that dare to speak out about this case and the two neglecting doctors,then yes they are protected, Mitchell helps as far as the media is concerned, he knows the right people/editors to speak with, but he will be gone when the fund runns dry as well imo.
The fund will run out, and then we will ALL see what happens, right from the begining the fund imo has been the most important thing to the Mccanns, why? well this gives them the protection that they sooo need. New Interview with Goncalo Amaral in TVMais 302722
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 26 Feb - 16:10

I ask this of Joana when I spoke to her on her blog.....

Hi Joana can you tell me why the McCanns and Duarte have had a judge in PT past judgement the books have to be returned back to Amaral, then they (Judge) do nothing about it when Team McCann ignore their request.
If this had been Amaral he would prob be in prison now.

Joana replies:
Hi ****, unless someone [ex. an interested party like the book publishers] makes a complaint against the McCann couple/Isabel Duarte failure to comply with the superior court ruling, no one will take action against them. However, there is a chance now for that to happen, after Gonçalo Amaral made a denunciation to the Public Ministry [A.G.O.].a Repies :

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sun 26 Feb - 16:40

I wonder if the British press will report when the books are returned?

Not really, we know the answer to that!

SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down