Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sun Report and comments

+5
Carolina
keepingmum
Lillyofthevalley
AnnaEsse
tigger
9 posters

Go down

The Sun Report and comments Empty The Sun Report and comments

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 9:45

Maddie police in new probe

Vanished ... Madeleine

By NICK PARKER

Published: Today at 00:14

COPS in Portugal have launched a "cold case" review into the disappearance of Maddie McCann.

9 comments

A new team of officers is sifting through thousands of pages of files.

It comes nearly four years after the heavily criticised original probe was officially shelved. The search for new leads will boost the hopes of Madeleine's parents Gerry and Kate, who have never given up praying she will be found.

Detectives from the northern city of Porto, led by top cop Helena Monteiro, are working with a Scotland Yard team set up last May to review the case.

Some of the British officers have made several trips to Portugal and Spain and they talked to private detectives hired by Gerry and Kate, both 43 and doctors from Rothley, Leics.

Madeleine was nearly four when she vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz on the Algarve on May 3, 2007. Her parents were dining with friends nearby.

The new review does not mean the inquiry is officially reopened. A Portuguese police spokesman said: "Only our attorney general's office can order the reopening of a case and it would only do that if there was strong new evidence."

But the McCanns' Portuguese lawyer Rogerio Alves called the new move a "very positive sign".

He said fresh information might have "put police on the trail of something specific".

Mr Alves said: "More than anything Kate and Gerry want to discover what happened to their daughter, while harbouring the hope of finding her alive."

n.parker@the-sun.co.uk

Back to top of page

9 comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ Follow this conversation

Post your view

Sort by

Oldest FirstNewest First

karmasa 0 likes

Good news for Madeleine and her family. Especially since its a different Portuguese Police force that are looking over the evidence. Hope it leads to her being reunited with her family.

uksucker 0 likes

Everyone is important!searching for this little girl brings back the misery for others that have dissapered withot trace,hearts go out to all people .

Elizabeth407651 like

Just hoping that all these millions of pounds of tax payers money in UK and Portugal are spent on detectives that can get to the truth of this case.

mrsq 0 likes

I agree with @lolos

lolos5 likes

I hope the police are spending equal resources looking for the many other children currently missing from the UK and not just this high profile case.

tdp11 like

nikki76... 'would of still'

you mean 'would have still'

bex1980 0 likes

I pray they get the answer this family needs

nikki764 likes

the "ONLY" person to blame is the person who walked into there apartment that evening and took her ! had they of not commited a crime then that child would of still been in her bed ! always hoping and praying madeleine is found safe and returned to her family x

EdgarVonHelsing5 likes

if the reward is large enough and offered in the right way someone will speak........ surprised it`s not been done

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Sun Report and comments Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun Report and comments Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

The Sun Report and comments Empty Re: The Sun Report and comments

Post  tigger Sat 10 Mar - 9:52

would Nick Parker be the same as this one?

Gerrymccannsblog:
Day 36 - 08/06/2007 - Friday
...The event was organsied by the Sun who, like almost all of the media, have been incredibly supportive. I told Nick, the Sun journalist, that we are happy to support all strategies which increase the chances of finding Madeleine.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :
The Sun Report and comments Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Sun Report and comments Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Mar - 9:52

Mr Alves said: "More than anything Kate and Gerry want to discover what happened to their daughter, while harbouring the hope of finding her alive."

So they McCanns are admitting now that she's probably dead, then.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 10 Mar - 9:54

Iris wrote:

That's how I read it, Iris.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 9:58

Iris wrote:

I can't find it now, Annabels post, but this bit is interesting;-

"And their lawyer Rogerio Alves believes a review into how Madeleine disappeared from their Algarve holiday apartment was sparked by a fresh "specific" lead in the hunt"
I wonder what this specific lead could be????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 10 Mar - 9:58

AnnaEsse wrote:
Iris wrote:

That's how I read it, Iris.

Will this not affect GA's libel trial then? Surely that's what the McCanns are sueing him for? Now they are admitting to it themselves, through their own lawyer?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 10:14

Also, how can they now claim that Amaral's Book hindered the search for Madeleine???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sat 10 Mar - 10:16

I do hope that Mr Amaral has taken note of what Alves/McCanns have admitted too, further evidence for Mr A to use agianst the Docs in Court, thats if it gets there now!!!!!
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 10:22

It is probable that Alves is another Isobel Duarte, a high sense of importance and the dramatic. The Sun Report and comments 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Sat 10 Mar - 10:47

just wonder if people who post "pro" comments actually ever think to ask "Please can someone give me any evidence that there really was an abduction".
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 10:56

keepingmum wrote:just wonder if people who post "pro" comments actually ever think to ask "Please can someone give me any evidence that there really was an abduction".

Morning keepingmum, whether there were any anti comments removed we will never know but the one about the reward was naiive considering it was
the NOTW which offered the reward and of course is now defunct.

I don't talk about Madeleine to my friends because thet have little interest in the case now and it's only Forums and Blogs keeping the interest going.

I'm sure if the public knew what we know, their attitude would change.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolina Sat 10 Mar - 11:52

Panda wrote:

It is probable that Alves is another Isobel Duarte, a high sense of importance and the dramatic. The Sun Report and comments 294124

It is not "probable", it is a fact that Rogério Alves loves to hear himself talk and never misses an opportunity to appear on television, even before the Maddie case he was always popping up on the screen.
Carolina
Carolina
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 874
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 10 Mar - 11:58

Its the same with my friends and family (including my children who live on the Algarve) everytime I bring up Maddie its "UH MUM nothing is ever going to come of it, we all know the McCanns are guilty but the truth will never come out" again and again I insist that the case will be solved, I have always believed it will be - we will not give up. I personally dont give a sh*t what the PRO's think!! its the fact that they have not questioned the McCanns parenting skills is beyond me and just shows how many bad parents we have in this world!

Maddie the youngest babysitter in history and the PROs suport them - TRAGIC!

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 10 Mar - 12:01

NO "WORLD EXCLUSIVE" for the sycophantic SUN?
Ah, that's a shame.
The newsgroup that has been so supportive to them.
But only if that write 'good things'
If they write nasty things they get blanked ...................unless of course there's a boooook to be promoted/plugged!
Then the news group is their 'bestest friend'
BS to the last!
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 12:08

Carolina wrote:
Panda wrote:

It is not "probable", it is a fact that Rogério Alves loves to hear himself talk and never misses an opportunity to appear on television, even before the Maddie case he was always popping up on the screen.

Oh well, this time as I understand, there will be three Judges and the Trial in camera , is that right? We e won't have anyone to do an instant account if that's the case. Do you know why the Publisher of Amarals' book has made no attempt to demand their return, Amaral says there are 75,000 worth
a substantial sum I should think. Carolina, do you know what happened to Amarals' book about British Government interference, the English Gag or
something like that. I remember it was on sale at a prestigious Bookstore the day the injunction case finished.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 12:16

Karen wrote:Its the same with my friends and family (including my children who live on the Algarve) everytime I bring up Maddie its "UH MUM nothing is ever going to come of it, we all know the McCanns are guilty but the truth will never come out" again and again I insist that the case will be solved, I have always believed it will be - we will not give up. I personally dont give a sh*t what the PRO's think!! its the fact that they have not questioned the McCanns parenting skills is beyond me and just shows how many bad parents we have in this world!

Hi Karen, let's face it, it's only the forums and Blogs keeping this case going. I do sense a wind of change though, not least because SY will be more
professional than the LP were. Can you believe that Senior Detective( I can't remember his rank LOL) like Stuart Prior tiold Rachel Mapilly that "no
useful purpose would be served" by attending a recon.???
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Sat 10 Mar - 13:15

Panda wrote:
Karen wrote:Its the same with my friends and family (including my children who live on the Algarve) everytime I bring up Maddie its "UH MUM nothing is ever going to come of it, we all know the McCanns are guilty but the truth will never come out" again and again I insist that the case will be solved, I have always believed it will be - we will not give up. I personally dont give a sh*t what the PRO's think!! its the fact that they have not questioned the McCanns parenting skills is beyond me and just shows how many bad parents we have in this world!

Hi Karen, let's face it, it's only the forums and Blogs keeping this case going. I do sense a wind of change though, not least because SY will be more
professional than the LP were. Can you believe that Senior Detective( I can't remember his rank LOL) like Stuart Prior tiold Rachel Mapilly that "no

Indeed Panda, "No useful purpose would be served"
Mr Prior may have been advising her, that from a point
of view of being a suspect or a guilty neglecting excuse
for a parent, going would be against her best interest.
I found this advice, totally alien to a cop assisting an
investigation into a missing child. There can not be any
logical or reasonable excuse for such a glib remark not
unless he was 'going native' and helping poor British
suspects caught up in a foreign land.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Karen Sat 10 Mar - 13:18

Panda wrote:

Hi Panda - exactly! a recon is going to HAVE to happen, once the Yard and the Porto PJ read the umm umm umm umm err err err err rogatory statements that in itself should
and again I stress that I do NOT for one minute Mr Cameron will allow a "whitewash" he was insulted by the McCanns on Sky News as was Theresa May - Lord and Lady McCann shot themselves in the foot requesting a review and bringing up Mr Cameron deceased little boy. The tide is turning a month before the libel trial - coincidence - I think not.

Karen
Karen
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 635
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 10 Mar - 13:42

marxman wrote:
Panda wrote:

Indeed Panda, "No useful purpose would be served"

Mr Prior may have been advising her, that from a point
of view of being a suspect or a guilty neglecting excuse
for a parent, going would be against her best interest.
I found this advice, totally alien to a cop assisting an
investigation into a missing child. There can not be any
logical or reasonable excuse for such a glib remark not
unless he was 'going native' and helping poor British
suspects caught up in a foreign land.

Hi Marxman, If a friend of mine had her child go missing , for one day I wouldn"t even query whether it was worth going, I would have been on the first plane to Portugal!!!! If fact Stuart Prior got far too friendly with the Group, there was one e-mail from Gerry saying "Dear Stu" the findmadeleiene poster
giving their telephone number for information posted on a Wall in the LP Police Station. Had Scotland Yard been appointed in the beginning, who knows what might have happened.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down