Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assange likens coverage to McCanns

+12
marxman
Wallflower
kitti
Fern
want the truth
jinvta
pennylane
NoStone
Annabel
matthew
Lillyofthevalley
dazedandconfused
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Empty Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Aug - 18:18

Are there trustworthy governments?
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :
Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Empty '

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Aug - 18:30

No wallflower i was thinking more about democratic countries really if i may be allowed to correct myself.I Am also thinking that this man with his otherwise rather oily habits of 'sleeping' with these now allegedly loose women would get slated in here if the nasty Americans hadn't been involved.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :
Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Aug - 18:41

And i agree Claudia,i dont trust Governments either.But in the scheme of things who's to argue that Sweden isn't a rather benign friendly country ? Thats where he needs to be going.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 Empty Re: Assange likens coverage to McCanns

Post  marxman Fri 17 Aug - 18:42

Claudia79 wrote:Are there trustworthy governments?

No. Assange likens coverage to McCanns - Page 2 25346
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  marxman Fri 17 Aug - 19:16

Lioned wrote:So we just ignore the pleas of the women who say they've been raped then ? And Sweden is a country not to be trusted to seek justice one way or the other because they are in cohoots with the brutal Americans ?

And why didnt Assange take refuge in the Australian embassy are they untrustworthy also ?

Hi Lioned, no the 'rape' allegations made by these
women must be vigorously investigated, and of the
motivating factors that spawned such allegations.
Likewise, Assange must be provided with an equal
opportunity and environment to defend himself free
from the spectre of an angry US seeking to get him
into a US court on a charge sheet which is growing
by the day.
marxman
marxman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1122
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Aug - 19:49

Thats fair enough.And lets not forget that the reason this topic is here is because this man 'declared' himself a mcann sympathiser the likes of whom usually get short shrift on here,interesting dont you think that the anti American sentiment seems to be stronger !

Last edited by Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 19:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Aug - 20:05

Lioned wrote:And i agree Claudia,i dont trust Governments either.But in the scheme of things who's to argue that Sweden isn't a rather benign friendly country ? Thats where he needs to be going.

They just have to guarantee that he won't be extradited. Quite simple.
I think the rape allegations have to be investigated, obviously. Personally, I find them highly questionable after what I have read from the case.
I don't let the MM case affect all my other opinions. I can separate things. Do I agree with Assange re the McCanns? No. Not at all. Do I suspect he has bee set up? I think it is quite possible. And no anti American sentiment from me at all.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 17 Aug - 20:16

Agree with all you say, Claudia.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 17 Aug - 20:49

Good post Claudia i wouldn't disagree with any of that,the process of justice needs to be seen to be done.The allegations of rape need to be dealt with in Sweden.we all know there is more to it than that,let those who keep 'bashing' the USA imagine where we all might be had they not helped us out in ww1 and ww2 and quelled the march of communism and now the rise of terror and fundamentalism and the ever increasing strength of China.The Americans are the only democracy strong enough to protect us against that lot,like it or not.Wikileaks should not be allowed to become a platform for information that may compromise national security.

Last edited by Lioned on Fri 17 Aug - 20:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Eta)
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Aug - 21:08

almostgothic wrote:Agree with all you say, Claudia.

Thanks, Almostgothic.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Fri 17 Aug - 21:15

Lioned wrote:Good post Claudia i wouldn't disagree with any of that,the process of justice needs to be seen to be done.The allegations of rape need to be dealt with in Sweden.we all know there is more to it than that,let those who keep 'bashing' the USA imagine where we all might be had they not helped us out in ww1 and ww2 and quelled the march of communism and now the rise of terror and fundamentalism and the ever increasing strength of China.The Americans are the only democracy strong enough to protect us against that lot,like it or not.Wikileaks should not be allowed to become a platform for information that may compromise national security.

Thanks, Lioned. I think Wikileaks is a double edged sword. Although I agree it may compromise national security in some cases I also think it can be a guarantee of true democracy. When governments are too sure about themselves, when politicians know or think their business is just theirs, its citizens who pay the price. I agree this is not a black or white thing but if I was asked I would rather live in a world with Wikileaks. Whistle blowers are sadly necessary.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Oldartform Fri 17 Aug - 22:31

Lioned wrote:Thats fair enough.And lets not forget that the reason this topic is here is because this man 'declared' himself a mcann sympathiser the likes of whom usually get short shrift on here,interesting dont you think that the anti American sentiment seems to be stronger !

Where has he declared himself a McCann sympathiser Lioned? He was just comparing his suffering at the hands of the press being similar to how the McCanns were hounded. Does he even know anything about the case?

If you listen to the interview by David Frost and John Pilger with JA you will get more info on the supposed rape accusations and why Sweden`s politicians are not as benign as you think.
Oldartform
Oldartform
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 625
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2