Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

4 posters

Go down

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Empty Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 May - 21:25

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Fukushima-reactor-4-fuel-pool

Fukushima Daiichi Reactor building 4 with its exposed fuel pool.

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
May 23, 2012

Chris Canine – who has 15 years experience as a health physics technician, chemist and radiation safety instructor – told Energy News that if number 4 reactor fuel pool at Fukushima collapses, Japan will be evacuated.

He did not elaborate on how such a logistical nightmare would be accomplished.

Canine worked at Fukushima in the late 1970s and has also worked at over twenty nuclear plants in the United States, Japan and Mexico.

He wrote:

There are several reasons why I believe the country will be evacuated if the #4 SFP collapses. The amount of radioactive material in the fuel pool dwarfs the total amount at Chernobyl by a factor of 5 to 10. Chernobyl’s core was still mostly contained in a building (although heavily damaged), and most of the radioactive material melted downward and became lava like. If #4 SFP collapses it will be lying on the completely open ground, probably going critical on and off in portions of the pile for years. The dose rate from this pile will make dropping sand or anything from the air much more lethal than anything at Chernobyl. And probably impossible. The entire site at Fukushima will be uninhabitable and unworkable because of the dose rate coming from this pile of fuel. That means there will be no control of the other fuel pools, and we could lose control of them.

Nuclear experts will soft sell the ramifications because that is how the industry works. When the experts “have concerns” about the situation at #4 that means they are pooping their pants. My experience at Fukushima was 30 years ago. I worked in the industry for about 15 years as a health physics technician. I was also referred to as a “nuclear gypsy” because I traveled from plant to plant working outages. That meant I was always in the middle of the hottest jobs in the heart of the plant. The engineers will talk about this part or that part of a plant, but I have been all those places wearing full gear.

In late February of this year it was reported that the Japanese government considered evacuating the country’s most populous city, Tokyo.

A number of experts have called for evacuating areas of the country due to high radiation levels. Australian physician and anti-nuclear activist Dr. Helen Caldicott said in August that response by the Japanese government to the radiation danger posed by the destroyed plant has not been sufficient.

“The number of people evacuated is nothing compared to the total number of people at risk in Fukushima, which has a population of around two million or so in the prefecture,” Caldicott said.

She called for the immediate evacuation of the area northwest of Fukushima where people have been exposed to massive amounts of radiation. “The levels at which the Russians evacuated Chernobyl was at 500,000 becquerels,” she explained, “they have measured in these areas levels of between 3.5 and 14.5 million becquerels.”

Earlier this month, the Japanese newspaper Mainichi reported that TEPCO, the plant operator, had requested government permission to abandon the stricken facility following hydrogen explosions at the number 1 and 3 reactors and this “may very well have meant evacuating all of eastern Japan.”

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-if-number-4-collapses-japan-will-be-evacuated/
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Empty Re: Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

Post  kitti Wed 23 May - 22:17

Do you think it's just a matter off time?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated Empty Re: Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 23 May - 22:21

kitti wrote:Do you think it's just a matter off time?

It hardly bears thinking about, kitti, but I think there are people who think it will collapse. Imagine a time when we might be referring to, "the country that used to be called Japan."
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 24 May - 10:09

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:Do you think it's just a matter off time?

It hardly bears thinking about, kitti, but I think there are people who think it will collapse. Imagine a time when we might be referring to, "the country that used to be called Japan."

Even if it doesn't collapse, will they just leave it in limbo? What/ or who could do anything with it? It could sit there for years and years. It's a nightmare situation. Like you say Anna, imagine saying in future, "the country that used to be called Japen" OMG.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 24 May - 12:47

Fairewinds.com is the best site I've ever come across on this subject. Do not miss the audios either, because the Australian professor is excellent.
Arnie Gundersen has no axe to grind and gives clear and understandable explanations. I love the man!

Every single one of his videos and audios are worth a look. Recently he collected samples from Tokio streets, the analysis revealed that dust, soil etc. collected from Tokio would be classed as radio active waste in the US.

Another good one is Prof Christopher Busby - Aberwystwyth university. don't know the link.

When it happened Gundersen was asked by RT news how bad it was - he said right from the beginning it was 'Chernobyl on steroids' .

There is incidentally interesting footage as well on the way the AEA works, a self regulating body which aims to promote the use of nuclear power.
It also transpired that better safety measures for nuclear power stations are far more expensive than simply paying compensation as and when they are forced to do so.

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down