Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Queens Jubilee

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 Empty Re: The Queens Jubilee

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 3 Jun - 16:43

Panda wrote:As I mentioned earlier, the cost of the Pageant was borne by Donations, it was only the Policing that was not paid for, How much did it cost the Police to deal with the riots last year? on one of my earlier posts I quoted a comment from a sky reader saying the cost of the Royal family is 60p a week, peanuts when you think how much the Royal Family and it's history brings foreign Tourists flocking to Britain.

anyone, to each his own and this event has certainly brought the population, I don't know where you live but there a 10,000 street parties alone
across Britain .

Yes, we'll forget about people losing their jobs, homes being repossessed and shops going out of business. Let's just have a party and watch the boats going down the river. There! Doesn't that feel better?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 3 Jun - 17:00

Yes it does, it has brought the Nation together which nothing else could have done and as I said the Pageant paid for itself. anyway, let's just agree to differ,you obviously have very strong views. The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 25346
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 3 Jun - 17:06

Panda wrote:Yes it does, it has brought the Nation together which nothing else could have done and as I said the Pageant paid for itself. anyway, let's just agree to differ,you obviously have very strong views. The Queens Jubilee - Page 2 25346

Yes, let's agree on that. For me, the cost is actually quite significant in that we can all be reassured that it only costs us 60p to keep a few dozen of them in splendour.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 3 Jun - 21:41

I'll never forget Diana , the way she was treated , used as a child bearer, what a miserable life she must off had And how she wanted to call it off at the last minute ....she was just starting to get her life back on track and seeing that horse face gaff-awing on the boat today ...god fancy waking up to THAT every morning.

No...I will never forgive them for that even though the boys have but that is them....all credit to Diana for the way she brought them up to be so forgiving.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 3 Jun - 21:47

It only costs us a mars bar too ....each off us the price off a chocolate bar to get the olympics running though the price has multi tripled since someone said that....

So actually the mars bar has turned Into a box off chocolates......that's how much it's costing me anyway as londoners are paying for the olympics .

Every household who has paid the extra should off got 1 free ticket....that's what i think but if I was offered if I would exchange it for a box off chocolates!
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 3 Jun - 21:49

kitti wrote:I'll never forget Diana , the way she was treated , used as a child bearer, what a miserable life she must off had And how she wanted to call it off at the last minute ....she was just starting to get her life back on track and seeing that horse face gaff-awing on the boat today ...god fancy waking up to THAT every morning.

No...I will never forgive them for that even though the boys have but that is them....all credit to Diana for the way she brought them up to be so forgiving.

I'm with you on this, kitti. Charles was marrying at a time when the future king had to marry a virgin and Diana was tested. She was young and by all accounts in love with Charles, who never gave up Camilla, whom he even phoned during the honeymoon. I don't feel sorry for Charles. He could have said no, but he found it more important to protect his status. When Diana was killed, the Queen had to be persuaded that it was in her best interests to show some interest and sympathy.

I don't think Charles will ever be king. Camilla is not popular and she and Charles' taking over would not augur well for the popularity of the monarchy.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 3 Jun - 23:23

I also heard that charles spent his 'last night' with horse face too.

No, Diana never stood a chance and when she found out how her life was going to be she wanted to call it off but she hoped that it would change once they were married.

I've no doubt that Diana did make charles life miserable but who wouldn't when your husband is seeing his girlfriend even when you are pregnant....Camilla toyed with Diana by befriending her whilst behind her back she was bedding her husband.....every time I see that women and her horsey face I want to smack it.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Jun - 8:00

6:56am UK, Monday June 04, 2012

Lucy Cotter, arts and entertainment correspondent

Sir Elton John says he's "jazzed up" about playing for the Queen at the Jubilee Concert because the monarch has always been a part of his life.
"I remember watching the Coronation on TV, she's been Queen almost as long as I've been alive, she's been a constant, and I think she's done an amazing job under difficult circumstances sometimes, so I'm more jazzed about doing this than ever... for her," he said.

Sir Elton, who is still recovering after being rushed into hospital last week with pneumonia, is just one of the superstar line up thrilled to be invited to perform at the Buckingham Palace gig, which is being billed as the centre piece of the jubilee celebrations.

Sir Tom Jones, who is also in his seventies, is clearly touched to be involved, telling Sky News: "When I had my OBE and Knighthood the Queen pinned it on, so it's like wow you cannot get any better than that."

He added: "I'm glad to see she's healthy and enjoying it, it doesn't seem like a chore. She does it well with style and grace, it's a wonderful thing."

The Queen and Prince Charles will make an appearance on stage at the concert alongside rock and pop royalty during the three-hour musical extravaganza, which has been masterminded by Gary Barlow.

The Queen Victoria memorial stage will have an audience of 10,000 people who received tickets through a ballot, with a further 500,000 watching on big screens in St James's Park, Green Park and The Mall, and millions more viewing at home.

In addition to Sir Elton and Sir Tom, the line up includes a wealth of artists who have spanned the Queen's reign, such as Sir Paul McCartney, Sir Cliff Richard, Cheryl Cole, Stevie Wonder, Kylie Minogue, JLS and Jessie J.

Dame Shirley Bassey will sing Diamonds Are Forever, Sir Paul will play Live And Let Die, while Sir Elton will perform Your Song, I'm Still Standing and Crocodile Rock.

Sir Tom is expected to sing Delilah and Mama Told Me Not To Come and Robbie Williams will perform Mack The Knife.

Gary Barlow - who is also set to duet with Cheryl Cole - will do his official Diamond Jubilee song, before Madness take to the top of Buckingham Palace for the event's finale.

The host of stars will entertain royal guests including the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Princess Anne and Princes Harry, Andrew and Edward.

Sir Cliff told Sky News: "I don't think you ever get used to being invited back again and again and again.

"I couldn't believe when I read in a paper that the Queen said 'Oh I'd like Cliff to be there' - and I'm thinking she probably didn't say that - but it's nice to think I'm still considered part of the fabric of society as are Elton, Tom and Paul."

The single Sing! has also been released as part of the festivities.

Written by Barlow and Lord Lloyd Webber it celebrates the Commonwealth and the Queen with the track featuring singers from around the world as well as Prince Harry playing the tambourine.

Sing! is the title track song on the official Diamond Jubilee album which has shot to the top of the UK charts.

The Military Wives say they're very excited at the prospect of performing

The Military Wives conducted by Gareth Malone - who were the Christmas number 1 - have also contributed to the track and will perform at the concert.

Malone told Sky News: "I got a tweet from Gary Barlow saying do you want to come and have a cup of tea and you don't say no to Gary Barlow do you?

"I went and met him and he sang the song to me face to face. It was a very intense experience because I then had to tell him whether I liked it or not. Happily I did."

Rebecca Marshall of the Military Wives said: "She certainly likes the song, we've been told she is a fan and that's all you need, as long as the Queen is a fan of the song everyone has got to enjoy it."
=============================================

I suppose since the Queen is in her eighties, the entetainment reflects this, apart from JLS, all the others would be known to her. Gary Barlow has been
to Uganda and other Commonwealth Countries as a talent scout and found younger performers.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Jun - 9:09

Contrary to popular belief the Queen is not amongst the wealthiest in the World. Her allowandce from the Government Civil list is £13.7 million p.a.,
plus income from personal Estates. Her total wealth is only £300 million , not exactly in the very rich list.

Everything else is owned by the Government, Buckinham Palace, and other properties, the Crown Jewels etc. These have been values at £270 billion.

Policing is paid for by the Government .

Britain will benefit from this Jubilee celebration by £2.4 Billion from Tourists essentially. The Brand Royal which Fortnum and Mason , Harrods etc buy
is worth £44 Billion .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Jun - 12:23

News Sports Email & Tools Sky Customers Join Sky Sky News HD - First for breaking news - Sky channel 517
Skip Navigation

Web
Search Text
enhanced by:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11:13am UK, Monday June 04, 2012

David Crabtree, Midlands correspondent

The flames have been lit on the first of more than 4,200 Diamond Jubilee beacons across the world created in celebration of the Queen's 60-year reign.
The Queen will light the final beacon from the concert stage after a host of stars perform in her honour.

Beacons in New Zealand and Tonga were the first to be set ablaze.

Bruno Peek, Pageantmaster of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee beacons, hailed the number of communities who registered to hold celebration bonfires as "truly amazing" and easily surpassed the 2,012 they hoped to attract.

After the pop stars have paid a musical tribute to the monarch in the shadow of Buckingham Palace, the Queen will walk out in front of the crowds and set the national beacon ablaze.

Among the locations for beacons is the highest school in England, Flash primary in the Peak District.

The school with only seven pupils was the first to receive permission to put up a beacon as part of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations.

The youngsters who live in a community which is 1,518ft above sea level wrote to the Queen to thank her and invite her along.

She wrote back expressing her gratitude and her regrets that she could not make it. So they made their own version of Her Majesty instead - out of cardboard boxes.

The pupils, who will be joined by youngsters from an associate school nearby, have special permission to stay up late to ignite their gas-fired beacon, which will stand on the hill above their school. They will press the button around 10.15pm.

Deputy head Anne Collins said: "Everyone has loved this experience so much. The children have been told why it is so important. Even they will probably never experience anything like this again in their lives.

The school's cardboard box model of the Queen

"We might only be a tiny little school in a tiny little village but we have a big role to play in these celebrations. We can't wait for our beacon to cast a bright light across the Peak District.

"We will never forget this and we are making the most of the whole event."

The children have been making flags, designing royal mugs, making red white and blue cakes and drawing their own pictures of what the occasion means to them.

Head teacher Sue Evans said: "We have fought so hard to keep our small school open. We are so proud that we are not only flourishing, but we are lighting the way for a big part of the celebrations."

Pageantmaster of the Beacons, Bruno Peak, said: "This was the first place to be accepted for a beacon because as the highest school in the UK - it is a perfect location.

"The Queen is very keen to ensure that the celebrations include all ages."

Michael, 10, said: "The Queen has been on the throne for 60 years and that is amazing."

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 4 Jun - 17:58

Prince Philip Taken To Hospital Over Infection

5:52pm UK, Monday June 04, 2012

The Duke of Edinburgh has been taken to a hospital as a precautionary measure for a bladder infection.
According to palace officials, the Duke of Edinburgh was taken by ambulance from Windsor Castle to King Edward VII hospital in London.

The prince, who turns 91 next week, has been placed under observation and is expected to remain there for several days.

On Sunday, the prince and other members of the Royal Family spent several hours standing as the large river pageant sailed down the Thames, amid rain squalls and blustery conditions.

Buckingham Palace officials have not revealed if the prince's illness was connected with his exposure to the damp and chilly weather.

The ambulance service in Berkshire received a call from the castle at about 2pm on Monday.

Last December, the prince was rushed from the Sandringham estate to hospital in Cambridgeshire after suffering chest pains.

The Monarch travelled by helicopter to near Papworth Hospital on Christmas Eve and visited her husband in the cardiothoracic unit, where he was treated for a blocked coronary artery.

The announcement of the duke's latest hospital stay was made just hours before the start of the Queen's Jubilee Concert at Buckingham Palace, in front of thousands of fans.

A spokesman said: "He is, understandably, disappointed about missing this evening's Diamond Jubilee Concert and tomorrow's engagements."

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2