Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always the family

+27
malena stool
chrissie
dazedandconfused
cass
Loveday
T4two
LJC
Chris
pennylane
marxman
kathybelle
Roasted Arizona
Justiceforallkids
fedrules
Wintabells
tigger
princess_leia
xtina
gillyspot
kitti
Lioned
Ang
Palmeras16
interested
susible
welshy
mossman
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Always the family - Page 2 Empty Re: Always the family

Post  Wintabells Tue 29 May - 20:50

Dry crying and wiping away of invisible tears. Kate did the same in the Spanish interview.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Always the family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Always the family - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Tue 29 May - 22:09

pennylane wrote:
Ang wrote:
fedrules wrote:Sad to say but I'm not surprised by this news. When I saw their televised appeal they just seemed fake to me. There were no real tears and they appeared to be trying to hide the fact by hiding their faces with their hands. Their voices lacked any genuine emotion too. Reminded me of Kate's 'please don't scare her' appeal.
\\

That's exactly what I thought - no tears just crying noises. And Mr Philpott was saying 'it's not just us it's the emergency services as well' which I thought was a very odd thing to say.

Ang, I did a double take too when he said that! It was one of those creepy Kate and Gerry McCann deja vu moments.
So did I!! You've just lost 6 kids and you're thinking of the emergency services?
Very, very odd.
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :
Always the family - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Always the family - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 29 May - 22:31

Said on the news earlier that the accelerant wasn't posted from the outside in, but from inside. Sorry but I just cannot contemplate any parent willingly burning their children to death. Just too horrible to even begin to consider, but if they didn't pour the petrol inside the house, who did?
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Tue 29 May - 22:40

dazedandconfused wrote:Said on the news earlier that the accelerant wasn't posted from the outside in, but from inside. Sorry but I just cannot contemplate any parent willingly burning their children to death. Just too horrible to even begin to consider, but if they didn't pour the petrol inside the house, who did?

I find it hard too. If they did it, I'd rather think they just never imagined how quickly the fire would take hold. I find it hard to imagine them deliberately harming all 6 children.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Tue 29 May - 22:46

AnnaEsse wrote:
dazedandconfused wrote:Said on the news earlier that the accelerant wasn't posted from the outside in, but from inside. Sorry but I just cannot contemplate any parent willingly burning their children to death. Just too horrible to even begin to consider, but if they didn't pour the petrol inside the house, who did?

I find it hard too. If they did it, I'd rather think they just never imagined how quickly the fire would take hold. I find it hard to imagine them deliberately harming all 6 children.

I'm with you on this.
Hurt one child, in an act of madness, possibly, but to burn them all to death in a calculating way just doesn't seem possible. As a mother I'd set fire to my husband personally if he considered hurting one of my children, but they do seem to be a strange couple, so who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Also police said that lots of people knew things but were afraid to say anything and might do so now. I hope to God that if anyone knows of someone that could do something so diabolical as to burn those children that they'll speak out.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Tue 29 May - 23:42

We do know that human beings are capable of the most unimaginable and heinous crimes.I would say that the way the mccanns switched so easily into auto self preservation mode puts them well into that catagory.As for these two they certainly dont look right in the head but most likely they wanted another free house and a years supply of booze and the kids getting killed was incidental to those plans.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Tue 29 May - 23:42

If you have got a large family and want a bigger council house, what better way than a house fire. If none of them were inside it would seem a bit obvious, so maybe they thought it would be more convincing to start a fire with the kids inside, rush to save them (which no doubt they thought they could), get a larger house, get money for selling our story of bravery to the newspapers, get money from the public who would no doubt start a fund, etc. The police know we have enemies, so would not suspect us poor parents, we just act like victims. I think this is how this line of enquiry will go now, imo.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Tue 29 May - 23:44

dazedandconfused wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

I'm with you on this.
Hurt one child, in an act of madness, possibly, but to burn them all to death in a calculating way just doesn't seem possible. As a mother I'd set fire to my husband personally if he considered hurting one of my children, but they do seem to be a strange couple, so who knows what goes on behind closed doors. Also police said that lots of people knew things but were afraid to say anything and might do so now. I hope to God that if anyone knows of someone that could do something so diabolical as to burn those children that they'll speak out.

I also find it hard to believe that this couple would deliberately burn their childen to death. However if the couple are responsible for setting their house on fire, why on earth did the children have to be in the house when they did the deed? Surely they must have known that by setting fire to the house while their children were inside, their children were going to come to serious harm.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Wed 30 May - 6:37

They don't look too bright to me. It's the century of the ME. They want, they try to get.
I don't think they looked further than getting a larger house - which had to be provided for them courtesy of all the tax payers.
There always has been and will be an 'underclass'. The last decades have increased this underclass to a ridiculous percentage of the population.
With 15 children the child benefit payments alone come to over 200 pounds a week. That should keep them in food and clothes at least, certainly if a lot of clothes can be passed on to younger children.
On top of that the rent, family credit and goodness knows what else.

Why didn't they even mention the children? (apart from one with the tear jerker that organs donated so that others may live).
That video is totally unbelievable as an expression of grief.

I get sinful thoughts of the eugenic variety when I see such specimens of mankind.
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Wed 30 May - 7:36

Yes I agree tigger....they weren't very bright and prob thought they could rescue the children In time but they didn't bargain or even realize how fast petrol can excelorate ...I looked at the video off them when they walked in and studied it this time and realized that they at the beginning dropped there heads in sync and the women copied him do it....

So telling when you go back and watch some videos.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  gillyspot Wed 30 May - 7:44

The parents are still in police custody this morning.

I have a horrible feeling that they set fire to their house to get moved to a larger one (they were turned down when asked) and fully intended to get all the children out but were overcome by how fast the fire started.

A heartbreaking tragic case whatever has happened. Those poor children I hope that they didn't suffer.
gillyspot
gillyspot
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 813
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  xtina Wed 30 May - 9:47

the last thing i wanted was to think it was them...but i also think it all went terribly wrong ....god bless those little children

when i heard the televised interview ...that he had arranged himself to thank the emergency services [fine if they had been rescued ]....

and then to go on to say by donating the little boys organs to help another child live would make them feel better ...no way...when you have lost six of your own ..would you even concider other children imo....

i thought at the time something here not right ...and are they giving him enough rope

i do think he thought he would save them ....[were was he to be running down the street at 4 am]...imo he is very publicity hungry [jeremy kyle..Ann widdecombe staying at his home]

they all seem to get caught out on the tv appearance/appeals ....apart from the mccans
xtina
xtina
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 329
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Wed 30 May - 10:26

Police have been granted a further 12 hours to question the parents.

Whilst I agree with the majority of recent comments I am hoping that they did not do this! Like someone mentioned, to kill one child in a moment of rage is bad enough but to set fire to your house, knowing 6 children are upstairs is just beyond evil in my opinion! Those poor kids would have suffered, absolutely no question about it! And why were there 6 kids sleeping in 1 room, maybe that isn't such a mystery though. Truly sad!

princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 30 May - 11:59

Putting petrol inside the front door, would suggest they were trying to make it look like someone 'else' did this and that the police would arrest that 'someone'. (I'm sure I read that there was some kind of custody battle going on, involving his 'other' woman.) The police did immediately question his other woman (and a bloke, I think) but they were released without charge. Perhaps the plan was to have that 'someone' locked up for trying to kill them all, and then they'd all live happily ever after in their new council house. Quite a clever plan, really, for two such stupid people, except they misjudged how fast, deadly and powerful fire can be.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Wed 30 May - 13:20

Wintabells wrote:Putting petrol inside the front door, would suggest they were trying to make it look like someone 'else' did this and that the police would arrest that 'someone'. (I'm sure I read that there was some kind of custody battle going on, involving his 'other' woman.) The police did immediately question his other woman (and a bloke, I think) but they were released without charge. Perhaps the plan was to have that 'someone' locked up for trying to kill them all, and then they'd all live happily ever after in their new council house. Quite a clever plan, really, for two such stupid people, except they misjudged how fast, deadly and powerful fire can be.
Yep and whats the betting it was the couple who are now under arrest who pointed the finger at his ex-mistress to deflect attention from themselves?
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 30 May - 13:54

Princess_Leia, where did the information come from that the children were all in one room? That seems very unlikely in what must have been at least a 3 bedroom house.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Wed 30 May - 14:02

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn

latest “@DerbysPolice: Police pleased as public come forward with new information to help #victoryroad fire detectives”
from Derby, Derby from Derby, Derby

3m Rupert Evelyn Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn

Derby Fire: Police "They [public] have taken on board promise that we will treat them sensitively and in confidence"
from Derby, Derby from Derby, Derby

chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Wed 30 May - 14:24

wjk wrote:
Wintabells wrote:Putting petrol inside the front door, would suggest they were trying to make it look like someone 'else' did this and that the police would arrest that 'someone'. (I'm sure I read that there was some kind of custody battle going on, involving his 'other' woman.) The police did immediately question his other woman (and a bloke, I think) but they were released without charge. Perhaps the plan was to have that 'someone' locked up for trying to kill them all, and then they'd all live happily ever after in their new council house. Quite a clever plan, really, for two such stupid people, except they misjudged how fast, deadly and powerful fire can be.
Yep and whats the betting it was the couple who are now under arrest who pointed the finger at his ex-mistress to deflect attention from themselves?

Indeed. Plus apparently the father was ranting on his facebook page about how much he loves his kids and talking about how the custody battle etc. One could almost think he was preparing his defence for the catastrophe that was about to happen.

I hadn't realised he had history of violence :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2146565/After-killed-children--DID-pour-petrol-letterbox.html
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Thu 31 May - 5:50

gillyspot wrote:The parents are still in police custody this morning.

I have a horrible feeling that they set fire to their house to get moved to a larger one (they were turned down when asked) and fully intended to get all the children out but were overcome by how fast the fire started.

A heartbreaking tragic case whatever has happened. Those poor children I hope that they didn't suffer.

I don't know about trying to get them out - they can't have tried very hard, not a scratch on them - didn't need an ambulance. I do wonder if they thought there was a chance of setting up a Fund?
He's already has been on TV - no problem with the limelight, none at all in the interview, doling out pats on the backs of the emergency services and the police.

They must have indicated very soon that the ex mistress and her new man had done it.
So imo we already have quite a scenario here. Children, fire, nationwide collection for the homeless pair and darling kiddies, appeal for the evil perpetrators on TV, new home courtesy of the council forced by public opinion to provide one (examples will be given of homes worth millions given to immigrants so an honest to goodness British family should have the same), possibly newspaper exclusive stories. Mmm. Celebrity and money, what's not to like?

I was very impressed with the police appeal video by the chief constable, why couldn't we get him to run the McCann review?

tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Thu 31 May - 10:11

So. They've been charged with murder now.

edited to say, ooops, sorry, I see there's a new thread on this.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fedrules Thu 31 May - 10:30

LJC wrote:If you have got a large family and want a bigger council house, what better way than a house fire. If none of them were inside it would seem a bit obvious, so maybe they thought it would be more convincing to start a fire with the kids inside, rush to save them (which no doubt they thought they could), get a larger house, get money for selling our story of bravery to the newspapers, get money from the public who would no doubt start a fund, etc. The police know we have enemies, so would not suspect us poor parents, we just act like victims. I think this is how this line of enquiry will go now, imo.
'

I agree. It may well be that there are just too stupid to think of what could go wrong. I doubt they set out with the intention of killing the children. Judging by past behaviour, it also could be some kind of publicity stunt. Poor kids...to lose their lives because of their thick, irresponsible, useless parents...
fedrules
fedrules
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1282
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Thu 31 May - 11:07

fedrules wrote:
LJC wrote:If you have got a large family and want a bigger council house, what better way than a house fire. If none of them were inside it would seem a bit obvious, so maybe they thought it would be more convincing to start a fire with the kids inside, rush to save them (which no doubt they thought they could), get a larger house, get money for selling our story of bravery to the newspapers, get money from the public who would no doubt start a fund, etc. The police know we have enemies, so would not suspect us poor parents, we just act like victims. I think this is how this line of enquiry will go now, imo.
'

I agree. It may well be that there are just too stupid to think of what could go wrong. I doubt they set out with the intention of killing the children. Judging by past behaviour, it also could be some kind of publicity stunt. Poor kids...to lose their lives because of their thick, irresponsible, useless parents...

Unfortunately, this is the problem with society today. We have inadequate people, churning out kids, like there's no tomorrow and it's always someone elses fault. It's the Government's fault that girls often from the age of twelve, find themselves pregnant. According to the do-gooders, the Government aren't giving out enough information to stop these girls from getting pregnant, or stop the young boys from making them pregnant.

I know what I would do, if I had the chance and I will probably get shot down for writing this. As soon as girls and boys reach puberty, I would give them an injection that would make it impossible for the girls to get pregant and the boys to make girls pregnant, until they have had an education which included information regarding unwanted pregnancies, that were rammed down their throats. I would make this law.

I know what I've said may seem harsh, especially as there are some young people who make better parents than some older people. The McCanns are a prime example of bad parents. However, I think that all young people deserve an education and a chance to make something of themselves, before their saddled with children that they can't afford to look after.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 31 May - 11:12

kathybelle wrote:
fedrules wrote:
'

Unfortunately, this is the problem with society today. We have inadequate people, churning out kids, like there's no tomorrow and it's always someone elses fault. It's the Government's fault that girls often from the age of twelve, find themselves pregnant. According to the do-gooders, the Government aren't giving out enough information to stop these girls from getting pregnant, or stop the young boys from making them pregnant.

I know what I would do, if I had the chance and I will probably get shot down for writing this. As soon as girls and boys reach puberty, I would give them an injection that would make it impossible for the girls to get pregant and the boys to make girls pregnant, until they have had an education which included information regarding unwanted pregnancies, that were rammed down their throats. I would make this law.

I know what I've said may seem harsh, especially as there are some young people who make better parents than some older people. The McCanns are a prime example of bad parents. However, I think that all young people deserve an education and a chance to make something of themselves, before their saddled with children that they can't afford to look after.

there is one for girls i forgot the name of it but the inplant goes into the womens arm and it is suposed to prevent pregnancy it does 99% of time but my cousin got pregnant on it so it still can happen
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Thu 31 May - 12:27

tigger wrote:
gillyspot wrote:The parents are still in police custody this morning.

I don't know about trying to get them out - they can't have tried very hard, not a scratch on them - didn't need an ambulance. I do wonder if they thought there was a chance of setting up a Fund?
He's already has been on TV - no problem with the limelight, none at all in the interview, doling out pats on the backs of the emergency services and the police.

They must have indicated very soon that the ex mistress and her new man had done it.
So imo we already have quite a scenario here. Children, fire, nationwide collection for the homeless pair and darling kiddies, appeal for the evil perpetrators on TV, new home courtesy of the council forced by public opinion to provide one (examples will be given of homes worth millions given to immigrants so an honest to goodness British family should have the same), possibly newspaper exclusive stories. Mmm. Celebrity and money, what's not to like?

I was very impressed with the police appeal video by the chief constable, why couldn't we get him to run the McCann review?

Yep, the limelight is no trouble at all, is it. Reminds me as well of Karen Matthews. If the McCanns can do it, so can we.

I am more convinced than ever now that Madeleine must be dead and buried somewhere. Why do I think this? Because Karen Matthews tried to convince her daughter Shannon had been abducted whereas she was really being kept a prisoner with an accomplice who was hiding her. However, this plan could not go on indefinitely and so Karen's idea was for the accomplice to somehow take Shannon to a public place, where she would be found. I seem to recall it was a market square. Therefore, if Madeleine is being hidden by an accomplice, well its an awfully long time to keep her a prisoner and I am certain it is easier to hide a dead child than it is a live child. Whichever way it is achieved, it is just such a long time (even for a genuine abductor who is keeping her in a lair, as the McCanns believe).

The Philpotts tried it in a different way altogether. The abduction route had been gone down before and Karen Matthews had been rumbled, so time to try something different. No good starting a fire if the kids are safe somewhere else, that would not have the same impact. The kids had to be inside to gain the most sympathy and somebody else had to be set up as the guilty party. Whether or not they meant to harm the kids is another question, perhaps it did not really matter to them either way (but I prefer to believe it did matter to them). The objective though was to gain maximum public sympathy, equaling money, and a bigger or better house. Just think, so much money could have been raised they perhaps could have afforded to buy their own property out of it.

I really believe the Philpotts, especially Mick, were a couple who wanted what other hard working people have, but without actually working for it at all. The family, the house, the money, the holidays, and far more than just 15 minutes of fame. Mick Philpott has seen how well the McCanns have done, dining with celebs, fancy hotels, meeting the Pope etc. The limelight suited Mick Philpott perfectly, he wanted more of Jeremy Kyle definitely.

The above comments are just my opinion.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Thu 31 May - 13:05

I can't get my head around why they have been charged with murder. If the fire was started with the aim of getting a new bigger house, then surely the charge would be manslaughter. My other thought was that maybe they tried to blame the ex mistress, as there was a court case for custody of the children the next day. They were maybe hoping she'd get charged with arson, they'd get all the kids, with a bigger house as well. But if this was their reasoning, then surely the charge would still be manslaughter?

Murder, means you have to have wanted to kill doesn't it?
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next