Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will anything move forward

+12
Angelina
T4two
margaret
meg
MaryB
mossman
Lillyofthevalley
tigger
whatsupdoc
Krisy22
Badboy
wjk
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

When will anything move forward Empty When will anything move forward

Post  MaryB Sun 17 Jun - 20:08

Things are so quiet at the moment. I have forgotten when any court cases will be happening. It does seem very orchestrated all the publicity and sightings and breakthroughs (which ended in nothing surprise surprise) around the 3rd May. And now not a peep anywhere in the press. Only a few mentions at Leveson. And that's it.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
When will anything move forward Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100When will anything move forward Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

When will anything move forward Empty Re: When will anything move forward

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 17 Jun - 21:03

Mary I honestly believe that things are moving very well indeed, behind the scenes that is. When will anything move forward 25346 When will anything move forward 25346
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :
When will anything move forward Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100When will anything move forward Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Sun 17 Jun - 21:40

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Mary I honestly believe that things are moving very well indeed, behind the scenes that is. When will anything move forward 25346 When will anything move forward 25346
Yes, I must admit I was a bit fed up when Redwood appeared on Panorama but I feel this silence is a good thing When will anything move forward 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 17 Jun - 21:44

Lillyofthevalley wrote:Mary I honestly believe that things are moving very well indeed, behind the scenes that is. When will anything move forward 25346 When will anything move forward 25346

I do hope so Lillyofthevalley.Trouble is, we have been hoping this to happen for so many years now. When will anything move forward Icon_flower
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:25

Silence is, as was famously put into words and music, GOLDEN When will anything move forward 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Sun 17 Jun - 22:33

Does anyone know when the G Amaral libel trial is? Last time I heard it was delayed coz GA got a new lawyer.
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Badboy Sun 17 Jun - 22:35

whatsupdoc wrote:Does anyone know when the G Amaral libel trial is? Last time I heard it was delayed coz GA got a new lawyer.
SEPTEMBER 2012
Badboy
Badboy
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 8852
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 22:36

It probably doesn't matter as I strongly suspect it will continue to be delayed on a variety of pretexts.

The vital thing, IMHO, is that Healy & McCann should have their application to appear by Video Link rejected and that they should be required to attend.

Last edited by The End Is Nigh on Sun 17 Jun - 22:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding "to")
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sun 17 Jun - 22:38

The End Is Nigh wrote:Silence is, as was famously put into words and music, GOLDEN When will anything move forward 25346

Thank goodness you are always so optomistic TEIN. When will anything move forward 307691 When will anything move forward 307691
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  whatsupdoc Sun 17 Jun - 22:42

Badboy wrote:
whatsupdoc wrote:Does anyone know when the G Amaral libel trial is? Last time I heard it was delayed coz GA got a new lawyer.
SEPTEMBER 2012

OK tnx Badboy et al. When will anything move forward 944533
whatsupdoc
whatsupdoc
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 777
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sun 17 Jun - 23:10

The problem is it is all very one-sided in that most of the initiatives, or indeed all the initiatives, come from the McCann side. This creates the impression that whilst we are castigated as being McCann haters or Internet scum, they enjoy the unqualified support of the establishment, including politicians, the media and professional circles; are even accepted as being part of that establishment in fact. I suspect that this is not actually the case, but of course it is the impression that their image management have sought to create and that is the job that they were hired to do. You could be forgiven for having doubts; starting to question whether we aren't totally wrong and whether these people are in fact the poor misunderstood victims that they have set out to portray themselves as since their very first press conference, but then you only have to take a look at the whole sequence of events to realize that we cannot be totally wrong. It started with the first cry of, "They've taken her", and continued with the jemmied shutter that wasn't, the backtracking and changing of statements, the constant sightings which without exception have all proven to be utter nonsense, the opinions of experts such as Mark Harrison and Lee Rainbow, the reactions of the dogs brought in on Harrison's recommendations etc etc. I could go on and on; in fact there's so much more, but are Lee Rainbow and Harrison on record as saying that they got it wrong? I don't think they are and I think that there are a lot of very clever people out there especially the police, who believe as we do that in fact they got it right. Can we expect these people to come out in public and say so? I don't think we can and it would serve no purpose except possibly to eliminate them as witnesses in any judicial proceedings. Therefore we'll just have to put up with being smeared as haters and nutters or trolls whilst the parents are allowed to carry on their fantasy, until such time as the wheels fall off their bandwagon.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 17 Jun - 23:12

Those wheels are already very loose.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Mon 18 Jun - 6:50

The End Is Nigh wrote:Those wheels are already very loose.

Indeed they are. Not only the wheels but the horses that were pulling the bandwagon are falling by the wayside.

Gerry McCann, speaking on June 3rd, 2007: "Later this year (...)"
LET'S HOLD A MADELEINE DAY FOR THE WHOLE WORLD

Sunday June 3,2007
By Jason Groves
Daily Express

ROCK legend Sir Elton John is being lined up to front a global pop concert, to carry the message of missing Madeleine McCann’s plight to every corner of the earth.
It is hoped the singer will headline a huge series of worldwide events .......
unquote

Right now they'd be lucky to line up the likes of Lorraine Kelly.

So T42 - we are a long way from those heady days, are we not?
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 18 Jun - 7:31

Things are quiet. However, they are equally quiet from team McCann. The annual May publicity stunt was a bit of a damp squid this year. They had to share the limelight with Andy Redwood and barely mentioned the book launch. So whilst I find the apparant lack of progress frustrating, I find the silence from the McCanns encouraging.

I believe SY want to handle this review in the correct manner. I also believe they will do a complete and thorough job in association with the PJ behind the scenes and when the end comes, it will come very very quickly indeed. I think both SY and the PJ want to do this right, this time around. So whilst it is so tempting to scream at the tv saying are you blind, can you not read the files, of course they are guilty, knowing they are guilty is very different to proving they are guilty. It is that which takes time.

I know there are many that will say no, it is a whitewash etc., and I cannot argue against their opinion. But until such as time as we are officially told case closed I am going to have some faith.

I truly think it will be only a matter of hours between the review being finished and arrests being made, if this is ever to be resolved. Things will change literally over night and we will have too much information to digest When will anything move forward 25346

Things are quiet, the calm before the storm ? No news is good news, my mother always said.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 18 Jun - 8:54

I believe SY want to handle this review in the correct manner. I also believe they will do a complete and thorough job in association with the PJ behind the scenes and when the end comes, it will come very very quickly indeed. I think both SY and the PJ want to do this right,

Well said mossman, right from the first word that came out of Redwoods mouth in his first TV interview, I thought he is going for softly softly approach, imo he was hardly going to go on TV and start calling the McCanns or suggesting they have got rid of Maddies body, is he When will anything move forward 25346

Team McCann don't know a blo00dy thing about this review, but Redwood knows all he needs to know, what will he do?, does he chance lowering Scotland Yard further into the gutter, does he finish his carear on a high???? all very very quiet at the mo, what is the next move??

Yes your right mossman I agree with you, its going to happen very very quickly.

Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Mon 18 Jun - 9:03

The End Is Nigh wrote:Those wheels are already very loose.

TEiN I dont believe there is any wheels left on the protection waggon, there long gone When will anything move forward 294124
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jun - 9:12

Oh I wish you hadn't said that ................ I can't get a certain Song out of my mind now!

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jun - 9:20

I remember having that song played for me on Junior Choice (Children's Favourites) - those were the days! The singer from the group then went on to record this very depressing anthem - perhaps this can be applied to you-know-who too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2mTYK3M0G0
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 18 Jun - 9:22

Lillyofthevalley wrote:I believe SY want to handle this review in the correct manner. I also believe they will do a complete and thorough job in association with the PJ behind the scenes and when the end comes, it will come very very quickly indeed. I think both SY and the PJ want to do this right,

Well said mossman, right from the first word that came out of Redwoods mouth in his first TV interview, I thought he is going for softly softly approach, imo he was hardly going to go on TV and start calling the McCanns or suggesting they have got rid of Maddies body, is he When will anything move forward 25346

Team McCann don't know a blo00dy thing about this review, but Redwood knows all he needs to know, what will he do?, all very very quiet at the mo, what is the next move??

Yes your right mossman I agree with you, its going to happen very very quickly.

I agree LOTV, what happens next will be very interesting indeed.

I was critical and aghast at Andy Redwood's appearances back in May and some of the things he said at that time disheartened me. However, with time passing, my thoughts have broadened a little. I wondered why Redwood spoke, why get involved. Now perhaps it was an attempt on SY's part to cut the McCanns off somewhat, not allow them run the show as they have done in other years. Damage limitation on SY's part, stop the false information publicity machine in so far as is possible at this point. To be fair to him, his comment that Madeleine is alive or dead, is in fact true. I say this begrudingly, but I suppose they have to work with the facts and the facts only. Until such time as she is found dead, he, in the interest of fairness and balance must entertain the possibility she might be alive. Regardless of what he personally thinks, regardless of what the files tell him and his team, until he can provide absolute proof of what happened or a body he cannot say publically she is dead. If he was in possession of this information, well then the McCanns would not be free.

I have no doubt SY are in contact with the McCanns, for example in the preparation of the age progession image. However I doubt very much they are providing weekly up dates of their progress to anybody and will choose very carefully what information is passed on to them.

So regardless of how quiet SY are at the moment, what is more important to me is the silence from the McCanns themselves. They were slow to embrace the new image of Madeleine, slow to demand a re-opening of the case, indeed slow to do anything to move things forward in May. Now silence.

I know there are posters here who will shake their heads reading this and call me a gullible fool. Perhaps I am. However the alternative, SY taking part in a gigantic cover up, surely signals the total breakdown of society.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Mon 18 Jun - 12:50

When I watched the Panorama programme the guy seemed to be saying he had made up his mind that it was abduction and that is what they are investigating. Now to me that's a mistake when only a quarter of the way through. But maybe it isn't what he was saying as some folk said. They should be investigating every single scenario.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  meg Mon 18 Jun - 14:30

I know there are posters here who will shake their heads reading this and call me a gullible fool. Perhaps I am. However the alternative, SY taking part in a gigantic cover up, surely signals the total breakdown of society.

That's exactly how I feel and if it is the latter where does that leave us all?

meg
meg
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 75
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 18 Jun - 14:49

mossman wrote:

I truly think it will be only a matter of hours between the review being finished and arrests being made, if this is ever to be resolved. Things will change literally over night and we will have too much information to digest When will anything move forward 25346

That's a very good point IMO. The public would be furious and the police couldn't risk someone taking the law into their own hands....
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Mon 18 Jun - 14:53

meg wrote:I know there are posters here who will shake their heads reading this and call me a gullible fool. Perhaps I am. However the alternative, SY taking part in a gigantic cover up, surely signals the total breakdown of society.

That's exactly how I feel and if it is the latter where does that leave us all?

With the status of McCann haters, ghouls, trolls, internet nutters and scum, on the outside looking in watching the disintegration of morality and ethics as they were once called and almost powerless to do anything about it. The gullible fools are those of us who had not realized how far things had gone and thought it would only be a matter of changing governments before things improved.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelina Mon 18 Jun - 15:38

To bring a case against anyone doesn't there have to be evidence? I don't believe there is any. If there was then I think it is long gone. It was destroyed somewhere along the line or missed in the first place. I'd love to think there'll be an end to all this speculation but I doubt it.
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 18 Jun - 15:48

Evidence comes in many forms and even Circumstantial Evidence can be used in principle. The nub of the matter is collating all the available Evidence, even if it isn't as robust as perhaps one might wish, doing further work by questioning/Interview and thereby eliminate as many potential Defence arguments as possible.

Personally, I think that at worst the final outcome will be along the lines of "We don't have enough Evidence to Prosecute and to stand a reasonable chance of Conviction, BUT we are not looking for anyone else in connection with this Case."

And I really do mean "at worst": I have faith in SY and in the Portuguese and strongly believe they will be able to resolve the Case in a way which satisfies the Public Interest.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next