Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying

+3
yask27
comperedna
duncanmac
7 posters

Go down

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Empty What was that policeman on Panorama really saying

Post  MaryB Thu 21 Jun - 11:21

I looked up the Panorama website on the McCann programme. I see that you can still watch the programme and there is 10 months left which seems quite a long time to leave a video up. Anyway that's beside the point. On the main page it said the aim was to bring closure to the case. Now that seems like a good aim to me. Although when I watched the programme it seemed to me to be saying we are looking for the abductor and that is it. No if and ands or buts. And it also said on that main page this is our best chance of finding her. So if they don't find her from this review is that saying there is little chance of poor Madeleine being found. I still think it was really strange to have made that programme at that time. Was it for our benefit. I didn't learn much.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Empty Re: What was that policeman on Panorama really saying

Post  duncanmac Thu 21 Jun - 13:28

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying

" I am following the script "
duncanmac
duncanmac
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 594
Warning :
What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-16

Back to top Go down

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Empty Neat duncanmac...

Post  comperedna Thu 21 Jun - 13:36

Yeah... neat!
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

What was that policeman on Panorama really saying Empty Re: What was that policeman on Panorama really saying

Post  Panda Thu 21 Jun - 14:42

Didn't Kate say in her book that SY are keeping them informed........hence the Press reports of yet more ridiculous sightings courtesy of Clarence. It has all been very quiet since which suggests Redwood got his knuckles rapped. He should never have appeared in the Programme discussing an ongoing
investigation , especially suggesting that Madeleine could be alive,.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  yask27 Thu 21 Jun - 15:54

What's the difference between Redwood and a plank ?

Nothing. What was that policeman on Panorama really saying 294124
yask27
yask27
Rookie
Rookie

Male
Number of posts : 58
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Jun - 17:05

yask27 wrote:What's the difference between Redwood and a plank ?

Nothing. What was that policeman on Panorama really saying 294124

Nice one yask27!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Thu 21 Jun - 17:11

I have thought about this quite a lot.

I have decided what Redwood said or did not say is immaterial at this point in time. For me the bigger question is why did he appear at all.

I wonder if it was an attempt on SY's behalf to take control of what up to now has been an annual travelling roadshow every May. Perhaps they wanted to control things, just a little, and also take ownership of the release of the new age progression image and indeed telephone help lines.

This is just an opinion, an impression I have formed from watching how things evolved in May and I still feel the McCanns are/were very reluctant to embrace the new image of Madeleine and move things forward.

They appeared to me this time around to be different, in their attitude and manner. They looked to me, nervous and rather guarded.

What Redwood could or could not say after the decision was made for him to appear I feel fairly sure can only be understood by somebody in the police force or SY, those who know how these things work behind the scenes.

He was never going to say this child was not abducted. This statement equals the parents are lying. To make a statement such as this, he would have to qualify it by telling us what did happen. If he could do that, well we would not be here now.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Thu 21 Jun - 17:15

I must say I have thought about this why did he appear at all. Surely he must have got permission from the higher ups to do this. After all a policeman just doesn't appear on TV and talk about a case without permission. And what was the point of it. Usually if the police appear it is to get more information from the public. But the police making a whole programme for Panorama. Do they usually do that. And round the anniversary of the disappearance. It was really strange. And why do we the public need to know anything about this until some proper information or evidence is discovered.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Thu 21 Jun - 17:51

I agree MaryB.....it is an ongoing Review and Redwood had no business going on T.V. suggesting there were 195 potential leads and even suggesting
Madeleine could be alive. From the couple of "leads" we saw on T.V. if that is all he can come up with he is wasting taxpayers money.

Kate says in her Book that SY were keeping them informed but my guess is that has been stopped which is why we are not getting any more ridiculous
sightings.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Thu 21 Jun - 19:07

mossman wrote:I have thought about this quite a lot.

I have decided what Redwood said or did not say is immaterial at this point in time. For me the bigger question is why did he appear at all.

I wonder if it was an attempt on SY's behalf to take control of what up to now has been an annual travelling roadshow every May. Perhaps they wanted to control things, just a little, and also take ownership of the release of the new age progression image and indeed telephone help lines.

This is just an opinion, an impression I have formed from watching how things evolved in May and I still feel the McCanns are/were very reluctant to embrace the new image of Madeleine and move things forward.

They appeared to me this time around to be different, in their attitude and manner. They looked to me, nervous and rather guarded.

What Redwood could or could not say after the decision was made for him to appear I feel fairly sure can only be understood by somebody in the police force or SY, those who know how these things work behind the scenes.

He was never going to say this child was not abducted. This statement equals the parents are lying. To make a statement such as this, he would have to qualify it by telling us what did happen. If he could do that, well we would not be here now.

mossman What was that policeman on Panorama really saying 307691 Ive said this right from the start = Redwood wasn't going to shoot the McCanns down this isn't part of his wider agenda softly softly approach imo, but I can not understand for one minute why he would have gone on the Panorama programe in the first place not very professional, or as I have said was this to give the McCanns and their Tapas friends a false sense of security.........IMO there is a lot more to Redwood then meets the eye or this Panorama programe. What was that policeman on Panorama really saying 944533
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down