Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“He should allow excavations at the site”

+7
squeaker
Lillyofthevalley
Bobsy
AnnaEsse
steve1295
welshy
Justiceforallkids
11 posters

Go down

“He should allow excavations at the site” Empty “He should allow excavations at the site”

Post  Justiceforallkids Sun 8 Jul - 12:21

“He should allow excavations at the site”

by João Mira Godinho

Stephen Birch, the South African that guarantees to have found indicia that Madeleine McCann is buried in Robert Murat's garden, challenges the Briton: “If he has nothing to fear, he should allow the place to be excavated”

In statements made to Correio da Manhã, Birch ensures that, after ​​the hole is made in the terrain, “everything would be restored” .

“That would clear all doubts”, argues the South African, that by means of a georadar machine detected variations in the subsoil in an area of Murat's garden, in Praia da Luz. The place is, according to Birch, in “the area of a cement pavement, that was added after the child's disappearance” in May 2007.

The challenge made by the South African businessman comes after the McCann family's lawyer defended that the authorities should investigate the leads provided by Birch. “The family does not investigate. What the family expects is for the police to take a position on this matter, to verify the site," said the lawyer Rogério Alves, who defends Kate and Gerry McCann, to CM.

Meanwhile, to substantiate his theory, Stepehn Birch uploaded a video where he appears analysing, with the georadar, the terrain of Murat's villa in Praia da Luz. The businessman shows, in the divulged footage, the results obtained by his private investigation and explains what led him to conclude that Maddie is buried in that garden. In the video shows an image obtained with the georadar at the terrain “where it is clear that there is a cavity, bellow the driveway, and in that cavity is an object”. The “image shows that the soil was disturbed with a spade”.

in Correio da Manhã, July 8, 2012, online edition
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :
 “He should allow excavations at the site” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 “He should allow excavations at the site” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

“He should allow excavations at the site” Empty Re: “He should allow excavations at the site”

Post  welshy Sun 8 Jul - 15:05

“He should allow excavations at the site” 306321 thanks JFAK. Mr Mural should just allow this to happen now to avoid all suspicion on him.x
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :
 “He should allow excavations at the site” Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 “He should allow excavations at the site” Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

“He should allow excavations at the site” Empty Re: “He should allow excavations at the site”

Post  steve1295 Sun 8 Jul - 17:49

MURAT!,,MAN UP.You have nothing to lose,you might even get lots of money from it,,,will that change your mind,,,,,,rather than sueing.
steve1295
steve1295
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Number of posts : 567
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sun 8 Jul - 18:18

As I have said before, any excavation on the site needs to be done by the police forensics teams. For the police to do that, the case needs to be reopened, which means the Public Prosecutor making that decision and then either Robert Murat inviting them to dig or the police obtaining a warrant.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 8 Jul - 18:18

I wonder why there are 2 big guard dogs on the property.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 18:23

kitti wrote:I wonder why there are 2 big guard dogs on the property.

Hmmm a guard dog usually guards through fear of being attacked by it, but two guard dogs, must be a lot to guard.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 8 Jul - 19:06

Probably to keep out journalists and paparazzi. He may also have received death threats, wouldn't surprise me given some of the nut jobs that have attached themselves to this whole farce. And clearly seeing that at least one nut job has been trespassing with a magic machine, then the decision to have two big guard dogs would appear to be justified.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Bobsy Sun 8 Jul - 19:42

Iris wrote:

Probably to keep out journalists and paparazzi. He may also have received death threats, wouldn't surprise me given some of the nut jobs that have attached themselves to this whole farce. And clearly seeing that at least one nut job has been trespassing with a magic machine, then the decision to have two big guard dogs would appear to be justified.

And they appear to have been as much use as a chocolate teapot at warning off intruders.
Bobsy
Bobsy
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 913
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Lillyofthevalley Sun 8 Jul - 21:38

Yes just read about that on FB, there also saying that the Dogs have only been there for the last 2 years. Someone has just posted on FB was Murats house was once owned by Joana Morias Mother or Father???, Ill go back and get a link, has anyone read that  “He should allow excavations at the site” 29204

Found it....

Mag *******

Searching on the VILLA rented by the McCanns in Luz (can't remember the street name, rua da/del escuola?) and WHO owned it then in August 2007 (it was claimed in forums that Joana Morais' mother or mother's partner did... was this true?)

Last edited by Lillyofthevalley on Sun 8 Jul - 22:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add further info)
Lillyofthevalley
Lillyofthevalley
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1552
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 8 Jul - 22:06

I don't think it is up to Robert Murat to say yeah or neah, regarding the digging up of his mother's garden. If anyone has a say in the garden being dug up, surely it is his mother. From what I read today, Mrs Murat is very upset at what has happened, her life as well as the life of her son, is once again in the spotlight.

I also believe that if the PJ wanted the garden to be dug up, then it would be dug up, regardless of what Mrs Murat wanted. Also if the case had to be reopened for this to happen, then the case would be reopened.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 8 Jul - 22:45

Mr and mrs Murat had owned it for years....way before madeleines disappearance..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  squeaker Sun 8 Jul - 23:44

Assuming the McCanns know where Maddie really is, and if it isn't in Mrs Murat's garden, then why aren't they clamouring for the digging to start? It would make them look like they were leaving no stone unturned, and they could be sure Maddie's body wouldn't be found there. I don't understand. Maybe she IS buried there.
squeaker
squeaker
Rookie
Rookie

Female
Number of posts : 146
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 9 Jul - 0:06

squeaker wrote:Assuming the McCanns know where Maddie really is, and if it isn't in Mrs Murat's garden, then why aren't they clamouring for the digging to start? It would make them look like they were leaving no stone unturned, and they could be sure Maddie's body wouldn't be found there. I don't understand. Maybe she IS buried there.

According to this link, which is from the Joana Morais website, the McCanns appear to want the excavation of Mrs Murat's garden.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2012/07/mccann-couple-parents-defy-police-to.html

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 9 Jul - 7:27

They want the case reopened too...
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Mon 9 Jul - 8:34

Maddie’s Family Wants Excavations To Be Carried Out At Murat’s Residence

by Ricardo Simões Ferreira

8th July 2012

The Portuguese lawyer for the McCann family, Rogério Alves, says that the PJ should act in relation to the suspicions, forwarded by a PI, that there is a buried body at Robert Murat’s residence in the Algarve.

According to the newspaper "Correio da Manhã", the link was provided to the PJ and Scotland Yard by a South African businessman who was in the Algarve carrying out private investigations. Using a geo-radar system, Stephen Birch claims to have detected alterations in the sub-soil of Murat’s residence, (Murat being) a neighbour of the holiday resort from where the English girl disappeared. Alterations that supposedly are consistent with the possible existence of a buried body at that site.

Rogério Alves has now stated to "Correio da Manhã” that “the family hopes that the police will take a position about this matter and check the site”.

The McCann’s representative also explains that the girl’s family does not know the businessman, but that in the face of “such an urgent” statement, the family hopes that the police will check (…) and if they do not, they should say why not”.
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Annabel Mon 9 Jul - 8:40

Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 9 Jul - 8:58

kitti wrote:They want the case reopened too...

I never understood why the McCanns, who were arguidos at the time, demanded the case was archived in the first place, if they played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, apart from neglect. Since the case was shelved, the McCanns have never wanted the case to be reopened, they only wanted a review conducted by the British Government.

One would have thought the McCanns would have wanted the PJ to carry on with the investigation anything done, if it meant Madeleine was found. Especially as they told the media, that they were satisfied with the way the case was being investigated. But then one would have thought the McCanns would have looked for Madeleine, the minute her mother "found" her gone.

I'm sure people like myself, could have been forgiven, for thinking that the fact the McCanns never looked for Madeleine, meant that they knew where she was and if she was dead or alive. Another reason that I thought the McCanns knew where Madeleine was and if she was dead or alive, was the fact they phoned Gordon Brown, their media friend and the Merseyside Priest, when they should have been out looking for Madeleine. Oh I almost forgot, they told many lies in their quest to save their own skins, they didn't care about saving the skin of Madeleine, as long as their own skins were saved.

I will never forget Gerry's words to the media, after he and his wife stepped from the plane, after fleeing from PDL. "We are innocent" he said. "We've played no part in Madeleine's disappearance."

He didn't even acknowledge that if Madeleine had been abducted, he and his wife were not there when she was taken.

I sincerely hope that the case is reopened and this time the PJ are allowed to get on with the investigation, without interference from the British Government. Somehow I suspect that if the McCanns are telling the media, that they want the case reopened, privately, they will want the case finally closed. The McCanns know that if the case is reopened and the PJ are allowed to do their job without interference, their days of freedom are numbered.

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 9 Jul - 9:33

kathybelle wrote:

I never understood why the McCanns, who were arguidos at the time, demanded the case was archived in the first place, if they played no part in Madeleine's disappearance, apart from neglect. Since the case was shelved, the McCanns have never wanted the case to be reopened, they only wanted a review conducted by the British Government.

One would have thought the McCanns would have wanted the PJ to carry on with the investigation anything done, if it meant Madeleine was found. Especially as they told the media, that they were satisfied with the way the case was being investigated. But then one would have thought the McCanns would have looked for Madeleine, the minute her mother "found" her gone.

I'm sure people like myself, could have been forgiven, for thinking that the fact the McCanns never looked for Madeleine, meant that they knew where she was and if she was dead or alive. Another reason that I thought the McCanns knew where Madeleine was and if she was dead or alive, was the fact they phoned Gordon Brown, their media friend and the Merseyside Priest, when they should have been out looking for Madeleine. Oh I almost forgot, they told many lies in their quest to save their own skins, they didn't care about saving the skin of Madeleine, as long as their own skins were saved.

I will never forget Gerry's words to the media, after he and his wife stepped from the plane, after fleeing from PDL. "We are innocent" he said. "We've played no part in Madeleine's disappearance."

He didn't even acknowledge that if Madeleine had been abducted, he and his wife were not there when she was taken.

I sincerely hope that the case is reopened and this time the PJ are allowed to get on with the investigation, without interference from the British Government. Somehow I suspect that if the McCanns are telling the media, that they want the case reopened, privately, they will want the case finally closed. The McCanns know that if the case is reopened and the PJ are allowed to do their job without interference, their days of freedom are numbered.

We know Healy and McCann are more than capable of being publically insulting and critical of the PJ and their methods. Indeed as recently as the Swedish round of sofa searching McCann was bleating on about the lack of heat seeking helicopters, navy etc.

Since Andy Redwoods wonderful "news" of all of these new and fantastic investigative opportunities, the McCanns have not opened their mouths, as far as I can see. Why are they not jumping up and down, asking for these to be investigated. Why are they not publically criticising the apparant refusal of Portugal to re-open the case ? Surely it is worthy of a Lorraine Kelly chat, telling us all how hard done by they are and how the mean PJ still will not help them ?

Up until now Healy and McCann have had everything their own way, what they wanted, they got. Why should it be any different now ? No, they do not want the PJ in charge of this, they do not want them to re-open. Why, they know the PJ know. They only have to ask Amaral. He may not have been able to prove his case at that point in time, but he knows and that would be a very good place for the PJ to start right now.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 9 Jul - 9:45

mossman wrote:
kathybelle wrote:

One would have thought the McCanns would have wanted the PJ to carry on with the investigation, in fact anything done, if it meant Madeleine was found. Especially as they told the media, that they were satisfied with the way the case was being investigated. But then one would have thought the McCanns would have looked for Madeleine, the minute her mother "found" her gone.

We know Healy and McCann are more than capable of being publically insulting and critical of the PJ and their methods. Indeed as recently as the Swedish round of sofa searching McCann was bleating on about the lack of heat seeking helicopters, navy etc.

Since Andy Redwoods wonderful "news" of all of these new and fantastic investigative opportunities, the McCanns have not opened their mouths, as far as I can see. Why are they not jumping up and down, asking for these to be investigated. Why are they not publically criticising the apparant refusal of Portugal to re-open the case ? Surely it is worthy of a Lorraine Kelly chat, telling us all how hard done by they are and how the mean PJ still will not help them ?

Up until now Healy and McCann have had everything their own way, what they wanted, they got. Why should it be any different now ? No, they do not want the PJ in charge of this, they do not want them to re-open. Why, they know the PJ know. They only have to ask Amaral. He may not have been able to prove his case at that point in time, but he knows and that would be a very good place for the PJ to start right now.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down