Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann?

+2
keepingmum
Annabel
6 posters

Go down

Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Empty Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann?

Post  Annabel Mon 6 Aug - 17:44

http://www.therealsupermumblog.com/2012/08/search-for-madeleine/

A few days ago I wrote a post about Madeleine McCann; Should They Stop Searching?, questioning whether it was time for the parents to stop searching for the lost child and time to concentrate on the other children she had. The post caused some mixed emotions and views but the one that stood out most to me was that Kate never actually searched for her daughter when she returned to the apartment and found her missing.

This incident took me back a number of years ago when I had taken my three year old shopping to a large indoor shopping centre. We had been looking at the large display of toys in The Early Learning Centre when I turned my back on my daughter, not more than few seconds.

When I turned back she was gone

My heart stopped

My pulse raced

My hands started to sweat as the panic set in fast

I started to shake

Time stood still

I rapidly glanced around and could not see her

I shouted her name

My feet seemed to be glued to the spot with fear, yet the motherly instinct in me soon took over and I became the hunter, searching for her. I ran and I screamed and I asked everyone around me had they seen a little girl looking lost.

Looking back I must have looked like a crazed banshee, but my only thought was to find my daughter.

Within minutes of losing her, although it seemed like hours she appeared. She had walked out of the shop and right into Woolworths which was opposite to where we had been.

That incident left me shaken and I dare not think what could have happened. L earning that the mother of Madeleine McCann had not searched for her daughter puzzled me greatly.
So Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine?

Kate and Gerry McCann, have said that they left the children unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom while they ate at a restaurant about 120 metres (130 yards) away, this alone I cannot understand but I am not here to judge Kate, we all have different ways of parenting. Why when she did realise her daughter was missing did she not like begin looking?

Kate states she was not functioning? Is that a good enough reason not to search for your daughter who had gone missing? When did Kate decide she had been abducted and not just woken in fear to be alone and had gone off to find her mummy and daddy?

Perhaps Kate was just in shock and that prevented the ability of her feet to move, was she physically unable to search for Madeleine? Is she still stood in that apartment or did her feet eventually move?

I have read with interest the amount of kind and caring people who gave up their own time and own holiday to search for Madeleine, why didn’t her mother?

Would you like to think if your child went missing you would get out there and search?

So why did Kate not search for Madeleine?
Annabel
Annabel
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3528
Warning :
Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Empty Re: Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann?

Post  Panda Mon 6 Aug - 18:12

As explained during a T.V. Interview, "Well we were busy".. Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? 157799
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? Empty Re: Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann?

Post  keepingmum Mon 6 Aug - 18:52

yes, i think they were very busy Panda.....
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Aug - 19:15

keepingmum wrote:yes, i think they were very busy Panda.....

Hi keepingmum, nice to see you posting, hope all is well with you and yours. During the Interview on Irish T.V. Kate
admits they got back to their apartment at 11.50pm ...can you believe it? Also says they were thinking of going to the
other restaurant the night Madeleine disappeared but didn't have a buggy......no question of them staying in for one
night after Madeleine told them she had been crying.!!!!!
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  keepingmum Mon 6 Aug - 19:57

well it was their holiday too....
keepingmum
keepingmum
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 325
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Aug - 20:07

keepingmum wrote:well it was their holiday too....

Oh, silly me, I forgot. Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? 294124
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 6 Aug - 20:13

I'm sure that all of us with children (no matter how old they are now) can relate to the story of the child who wandered off in the Early Learning Centre. My son was about four when I took him to buy shoes. Suddenly he couldn't be found. I was running about outside while a member of staff looked in the stock room. It turned out that the little dear was hiding under a chair, watching the display of headless chickens with interest!

Most of us cannot therefore relate to Kate's behaviour.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 6 Aug - 20:35

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I'm sure that all of us with children (no matter how old they are now) can relate to the story of the child who wandered off in the Early Learning Centre. My son was about four when I took him to buy shoes. Suddenly he couldn't be found. I was running about outside while a member of staff looked in the stock room. It turned out that the little dear was hiding under a chair, watching the display of headless chickens with interest!

Most of us cannot therefore relate to Kate's behaviour.

Years ago when my eldest was about 6 yrs old, I was visiting my Parents with him and his younger Brother. After a day
out with my 2 Sisters and their offspring we were all waiting at a Bus stop and chatting and when I looked around my
6 yr old wasn't with us. I was panic stricken, as were my Sisters they had a look around while I stayed there in case he came back. About 5 minutes later, I saw him running as fast as he could towards us, he had got on a Bus that pulled up
not knowing several Bus Routes use the same Bus Stop and we hadn't noticed. When he realised we were not with him
he jumped off and came running back, clever lad. Panic over, but I was feeling sick with worry at the time.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 6 Aug - 20:55

Annabel wrote:http://www.therealsupermumblog.com/2012/08/search-for-madeleine/

A few days ago I wrote a post about Madeleine McCann; Should They Stop Searching?, questioning whether it was time for the parents to stop searching for the lost child and time to concentrate on the other children she had. The post caused some mixed emotions and views but the one that stood out most to me was that Kate never actually searched for her daughter when she returned to the apartment and found her missing.

This incident took me back a number of years ago when I had taken my three year old shopping to a large indoor shopping centre. We had been looking at the large display of toys in The Early Learning Centre when I turned my back on my daughter, not more than few seconds.

When I turned back she was gone

My heart stopped

My pulse raced

My hands started to sweat as the panic set in fast

I started to shake

Time stood still

I rapidly glanced around and could not see her

I shouted her name

My feet seemed to be glued to the spot with fear, yet the motherly instinct in me soon took over and I became the hunter, searching for her. I ran and I screamed and I asked everyone around me had they seen a little girl looking lost.

Looking back I must have looked like a crazed banshee, but my only thought was to find my daughter.

Within minutes of losing her, although it seemed like hours she appeared. She had walked out of the shop and right into Woolworths which was opposite to where we had been.

That incident left me shaken and I dare not think what could have happened. L earning that the mother of Madeleine McCann had not searched for her daughter puzzled me greatly.
So Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine?

Kate and Gerry McCann, have said that they left the children unsupervised in a ground floor bedroom while they ate at a restaurant about 120 metres (130 yards) away, this alone I cannot understand but I am not here to judge Kate, we all have different ways of parenting. Why when she did realise her daughter was missing did she not like begin looking?

Kate states she was not functioning? Is that a good enough reason not to search for your daughter who had gone missing? When did Kate decide she had been abducted and not just woken in fear to be alone and had gone off to find her mummy and daddy?

Perhaps Kate was just in shock and that prevented the ability of her feet to move, was she physically unable to search for Madeleine? Is she still stood in that apartment or did her feet eventually move?

I have read with interest the amount of kind and caring people who gave up their own time and own holiday to search for Madeleine, why didn’t her mother?

Would you like to think if your child went missing you would get out there and search?

So why did Kate not search for Madeleine?

Hi Annabel

Thank you for the link. I registered on the website and made a post and I was amazed, but very pleased, to see the post was accepted by the moderators.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 6 Aug - 22:18

Great comment it is too, kathybelle Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? 944533
wjk
wjk
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 7815
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 6 Aug - 22:39

Where's iris lately?

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Mon 6 Aug - 22:50

wjk wrote:Great comment it is too, kathybelle Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? 944533

Why Did Kate Not Search For Madeleine McCann? 306321 WJK

Thank you, I was really glad my post was printed, not just for myself, but hopefully to make the other posters take a look at the files. It's ok having an opinion regarding this case, but it's always better to look at the files, then there is something to base opinions on.
kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 7 Aug - 6:14

kitti wrote:Where's iris lately?

I was wondering that a couple of days ago.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down