Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target

3 posters

Go down

Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Empty Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target

Post  Panda Sun 9 Sep - 23:39

Taliban: 'Prince Harry Is High Value Target'

As Captain Wales adjusts to life in Afghanistan, the Taliban issues a deadly warning.

8:23pm UK, Sunday 09 September 2012
Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Prince-harry-tour-of-duty-in-afghanistan-11-1-522x293
It is Prince Harry's second tour of duty in Afghanistan

The Taliban have described Prince Harry as "a high value target", saying they will "make their best efforts to arrest or kill" him.

The 27-year-old Army captain arrived in Afghanistan for his second tour of duty on Friday.

Now a fully-qualified Apache helicopter pilot, Captain Wales, as he is known in the Army, will be flying in support of coalition forces on the ground.

Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said on Sunday: "Whoever is fighting in our country alongside the US is our enemy and we will attack him.

"Prince Harry came to Afghanistan and he is a high value target for us. We will try to arrest him.

"Because he is an Apache helicopter pilot, he will target us more. If we are not able to arrest him we will target him.

"The Taliban will make their best efforts to arrest or kill Prince Harry," he added.

It is four-and-a-half years since the Prince's first tour of duty, which had to be cut short when foreign media blew his cover.

He was due to complete training courses this week in first aid, shooting and improvised explosive device (IED) awareness, before starting his Apache-specific preparation.

During this phase of training, which starts on Monday, he will climb into the cockpit and begin to familiarise himself with the way the deadly aircraft is configured for the country.

He will not be sent out to take on the Taliban for at least another seven days.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Empty Re: Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 10 Sep - 7:47

Well that should restore a bit of sympathy for Harry after the Vegas fiasco.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target Empty Re: Taliban:Prince Harry Is High Value Target

Post  Panda Mon 10 Sep - 8:16

To be fair AnnaEsse, the report that he would be going to Afghanistan again was reported before his mad escapade in the U.S. ......I wonder if they found out who took those photos and sold them?

Both William and Harry have served in dangerous zones and despite their Parents break up and Diana apparently using William as her emotional prop when she was on her own, they are both likeable , down to earth young Men.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 10 Sep - 8:21

Panda wrote:To be fair AnnaEsse, the report that he would be going to Afghanistan again was reported before his mad escapade in the U.S. ......I wonder if they found out who took those photos and sold them?

Both William and Harry have served in dangerous zones and despite their Parents break up and Diana apparently using William as her emotional prop when she was on her own, they are both likeable , down to earth young Men.

I guess you haven't seen the video about the two of them hunting with guns were they were really young and Diana telling them to keep quiet about shooting deer: she said people wouldn't like them shooting Bambi.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 10 Sep - 8:36

AnnaEsse wrote:
Panda wrote:To be fair AnnaEsse, the report that he would be going to Afghanistan again was reported before his mad escapade in the U.S. ......I wonder if they found out who took those photos and sold them?

I guess you haven't seen the video about the two of them hunting with guns were they were really young and Diana telling them to keep quiet about shooting deer: she said people wouldn't like them shooting Bambi.

Shooting has always been a sport of the rich and nobility and I can think of worse practices like betting on pitbull fights, neglecting pets , chickens and pigs kept indoors and cages etc.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Mon 10 Sep - 8:40

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:

Shooting has always been a sport of the rich and nobility and I can think of worse practices like betting on pitbull fights, neglecting pets , chickens and pigs kept indoors and cages etc.

We don't make one thing OK by finding things that are worse.

AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Mon 10 Sep - 19:35

I think the two young men do their best. They were born into royalty and what did they know about any other life when they were children. None of us know anything except the environment around us. When we are children what our parents did was normal to us. We have to live and learn. They seem to be doing well considering they had a very unstable Mother! In fact with everything that happened and being in the public eye constantly I think they do very well.

The Vegas incident with Harry was not good but it was played by the press for all it is worth. I think he is a caring, likeable brave young man. Good luck to him , I hope he stays well as I do for all our troops serving in these dreadful unnecessary wars

Last edited by fuzeta on Mon 10 Sep - 19:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 10 Sep - 20:10

fuzeta wrote:I think the two young men do their best. They were born into royalty and what did they know about any other life when they were children. None of us know anything except the environment around us. When we are children what our parents did was normal to us. We have to live and learn. They seem to be doing well considering they had a very unstable Mother! In fact with everything that happened and being in the public eye constantly I think they do very well.

The Vegas incident with Harry was not good but it was played by the press for all it is worth. I think he is a caring, likeable brave young man. Good luck to him , I hope he stays well as I do for all our troops serving in these dreadful unnecessary wars

fuzeta, I totally agree and both are Patrons of various Charities and take these responsibilities seriously. Harry went to African Countries to represent the Queen in her Jubilee year and was a big hit .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down