Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy

+16
AnnaEsse
fuzeta
Lioned
tigger
cherry1
Claudia79
wjk
Panda
Chris
LJC
Oldartform
Carolina
dutchclogs
malena stool
matthew
Annabel
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Empty Re: Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy

Post  fuzeta Thu 13 Dec - 20:08

AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
Lioned wrote:Yes it could be very dangerous,he needs to be kept in a cage really.

Infact i see a very worrying turn of events today as Her Maj has expressed an opinion regarding the banking crisis,though i am pleased to say normality returned when Prince Phillip told the bankers not to do it again.

God save the Queen.  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 25346

I would think that Prince Philip put them right in his own refreshingly direct way. Such as 'Get your d.... finger out, you moronic idiots' all practically without moving his lips.

My favourite quote from Prince Phillip was when he was asked if he'd like to visit Russia. He said he would "..though the bastards did kill half my family." Bless!

I liked that one Anna  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 613255 All of us would probably feel the same. I really like the old bugger, tells it like it is.
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :
 Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Empty Re: Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 13 Dec - 21:12

fuzeta wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
tigger wrote:
Lioned wrote:Yes it could be very dangerous,he needs to be kept in a cage really.

Infact i see a very worrying turn of events today as Her Maj has expressed an opinion regarding the banking crisis,though i am pleased to say normality returned when Prince Phillip told the bankers not to do it again.

God save the Queen.  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 25346

I would think that Prince Philip put them right in his own refreshingly direct way. Such as 'Get your d.... finger out, you moronic idiots' all practically without moving his lips.

My favourite quote from Prince Phillip was when he was asked if he'd like to visit Russia. He said he would "..though the bastards did kill half my family." Bless!

I liked that one Anna  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 613255 All of us would probably feel the same. I really like the old bugger, tells it like it is.

It's a good one! I like the old bugger too. He just comes out with things!
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :
 Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100 Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Fri 14 Dec - 4:53

Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:Great Britain (England,Scotland N.Ireland,Wales and Cornwall) is without a doubt a million times better than any other country in the World.
We have the greatest history,culture,Architecture,Landscape music art and entertainment and most other things you can think of.

No one does pomp and ceremony better than we do and this years events prove my point precisely in particular we put on the best Olympic games ever seen and all our Athletes rose to the challenge as you now expect this great group of countries to do time after time we have always succeeded (apart from football but i'm saying no more about that).
Our Royal heritage plays an important part in that,the rest of the World is jealous if truth be told.

We also could win medals for moaning incessantly about just everything really.

I can assure you that there's no jealousy whatsoever here. A century ago we were also a Monarchy (until 1910) and we don't miss it one bit. We also have our own 'royal family' and they are quite useful. We use them a lot in jokes.  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Icon_flower

No jealousy here in the USA either. I'm no history buff, but in the US history lessons don't start with the Revolutionary War LOL! Women have held and do hold very high positions in the USA, and I think that the country is very close to having a female president. The Olympic games were great, and the USA came home with a heck of a lot of hardware!

I have also lived in Australia for 4 years (loved it!) and Japan for 3 years (not so much), but never did I get the idea that anyone living in either place was jealous of the UK. I am a low maintenance person, not into celebrities, reality stars, royals, and pomp and circumstance. I could read about them all in the weekly gossip mags, but I've got better things to do. It is great to have pride in one's country, whichever country it may be.

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Fri 14 Dec - 9:07

jinvta wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
Lioned wrote:Great Britain (England,Scotland N.Ireland,Wales and Cornwall) is without a doubt a million times better than any other country in the World.
We have the greatest history,culture,Architecture,Landscape music art and entertainment and most other things you can think of.

No one does pomp and ceremony better than we do and this years events prove my point precisely in particular we put on the best Olympic games ever seen and all our Athletes rose to the challenge as you now expect this great group of countries to do time after time we have always succeeded (apart from football but i'm saying no more about that).
Our Royal heritage plays an important part in that,the rest of the World is jealous if truth be told.

We also could win medals for moaning incessantly about just everything really.

I can assure you that there's no jealousy whatsoever here. A century ago we were also a Monarchy (until 1910) and we don't miss it one bit. We also have our own 'royal family' and they are quite useful. We use them a lot in jokes.  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 Icon_flower

No jealousy here in the USA either. I'm no history buff, but in the US history lessons don't start with the Revolutionary War LOL! Women have held and do hold very high positions in the USA, and I think that the country is very close to having a female president. The Olympic games were great, and the USA came home with a heck of a lot of hardware!

I have also lived in Australia for 4 years (loved it!) and Japan for 3 years (not so much), but never did I get the idea that anyone living in either place was jealous of the UK. I am a low maintenance person, not into celebrities, reality stars, royals, and pomp and circumstance. I could read about them all in the weekly gossip mags, but I've got better things to do. It is great to have pride in one's country, whichever country it may be.

Amen Jinvita. I have lived in the US and UK for decades, and I totally agree with you! And, yes, it is great to have pride in one's country.  Corporate power, lies about Leveson, and why the royals don’t deserve privacy - Page 4 944533

I am not against having a royal figurehead, but I believe the present system needs a major overhaul as it is strangling progression. The Monarchy and the Establishment combined have in place a complex, self-serving, blanket that insures they all stay monetarily cocooned and above the law, and this (imho) has a devastating effect on democracy.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Fri 14 Dec - 9:26

Indeed.
The upper echelon's first priority is, and always has been, to maintain the status quo.

Which is fine for them.
But not so fine for the other 99%.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  T4two Sat 15 Dec - 9:10

When I was 21 years old I wanted to buy a small secondhand sub 100 mph sports car - MG Midget - but was unable to get insurance because I was under the age of 25. That was terribly disappointing at the time but one year later it became positively galling when Prince Charles was given a brand new 150 mph Aston Martin DB5 convertible for his 21st. No problems with insurance for the privileged then? I've nurtured an aversion to the Royals and the privileged classes ever since. Just one small example of the raft of inequalities across the whole of British society which the British Royal family personify.
T4two
T4two
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1689
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4