Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction

+17
Loopdaloop
welshy
Lioned
Krisy22
tanszi
AnnaEsse
weissnicht
wantthetruth
frencheuropean
jeanmonroe
Claudia79
wjk
Justiceforallkids
almostgothic
MaryB
Chris
duncanmac
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Empty Re: Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction

Post  jeanmonroe Sat 6 Jul - 14:38

What about Mr "PROBABLE man"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRAW5hR1rNE
Gerry McCann.
"around, er, the time that Madeleine, er, was found to be missing shortly before that there was a suspect, (er?) seen walking away from the apartment, er, with, erm, PROBABLY CARRYING A CHILD"
OR

Mr "POSSIBLE man"
Jane Tanner.

This lady told the GNR officers, and the deponent translated, that she had seen a man crossing the road, POSSIBLY carrying a child.
The deponent found that situation strange because she was convinced that when she saw this man, the lady was positioned in a spot that has no viewing angle to the location where she had seen the man.

One must therefore question how did we get from Jane Tanner's MAN 'POSSIBLY carrying a child' to Gerry McCanns SUSPECT 'PROBABLY carrying a child' and the attempted framing of Robert Murat by JT and her friends RO, R O'B and FP?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Empty Re: Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction

Post  frencheuropean Sat 6 Jul - 14:53

duncanmac wrote:Can anyone point out to me were it has ever been said the Smiths attempted to talk to the passing man with a child.

I remembered something similar et found it on the mcanfiles. It's apparently the only time where it is mentionned.? true or invented by the journo? :

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id162.html

you have to scroll down till the Daily Mail article ( paper edition only) 3/01/2008

.....................................................................................................................................................................
Maddie: Irishman provides dramatic new clues, 03 January 2008
 Maddie: Irishman provides dramatic new clues Daily Mail (appeared in paper edition only)

EXCLUSIVE: Tourist met rude man carrying child in blanket on night Madeleine vanished

By SANDRA MURPHY, VANESSA ALLEN
January 3, 2008

AN IRISH holidaymaker has spoken publicly for the first time of his disturbing encounter with a man carrying a child wrapped in a blanket on the night Madeleine McCann disappeared.

Now investigators hired by Madeleine's parents hope Martin Smith and his family can provide a crucial breakthrough.

Speaking from his home in Drogheda, Co. Louth, Mr Smith recalled the sighting, which is strikingly similar to one by a friend of the McCanns, Jane Tanner. In hindsight, the retired Mr Smith said, the mans rude behaviour should have aroused his suspicions.

He explained: "The one thing we noted afterwards was that he gave us no greeting.

"My wife Mary remembered afterwards that she asked him, 'Oh, is she asleep?' But he never acknowledged her one way or another.

"He just put his head down and averted his eyes. This is very unusual in a tourist town at such a quiet time of the year."

Their description of the barefoot child and the man, who wore beige trousers, echoes that of Miss Tanner, who said she saw a man carrying a sleeping child away from the McCanns apartment about 9.15pm.

Though the Smith family believe they met an almost identical man closer to 10pm, the coincidence prompted them to contact police after they returned to Ireland. Mr Smith said: "Luz is such a small place and so quiet, we felt a duty to tell police and let them decide if it was important."

Last night, McCann family spokesman Clarence Mitchell said detectives from the Spanish agency Metodo 3 now hoped to speak to the family. "Metodo 3 is being very methodical, working through a number of people they think might be able to help them, and this family will be on their list."

On the night of the disappearance, Mr Smith was dining with his wife in the Dolphin restaurant in Praia Da Luz, where they are frequent visitors.

The couple were with their daughter Aoife, their son Peter and his wife Sile,as well as four grandchildren Tadhg, Cole, Aisling and Eimear.

All nine met the man holding a child but their recollection differs slightly from Miss Tanner's.

"In the image she gave, the man was holding the child forward in his arms. The man we saw had put the child over his shoulders. But Luz was very, very quiet at that time of the year and the likelihood of two young children being carried around like this is very small.

"Also, our timings are a bit different. She saw the man at 9.15pm. We say 9.45or 9.50pm and the sighting was only a five-minute walk from where the child was staying.

"I dont know if this information will help the McCanns. We kept interested in whats going on but we tried to avoid the limelight."

The father of six yesterday said the Irish family would do anything they could to help the McCanns find their missing daughter.

"We have not been contacted by the private detective hired by the McCanns, and have had no contact with the investigating police since May 26 last year.

"But anything we can do to help try to solve it, we will." Recalling the event she witnessed, Mr Smith said it was some time before the family realised they could be star witnesses

"We were out the night it happened. My son and his family were leaving on the Friday and we were going for a family meal. We went home about 9.50pm and we heard nothing at all about Madeleine McCann until the next day.

"I was taking my son Peter to the airport and on my way back, I heard that a kidnapping had happened in the village of Luz.

"We were looking at all the commotion on Sky News and we really felt quite helpless.

"We had two grandchildren with us at the time, aged four and five, and it had a terrible effect on them.

"They all wanted to sleep in the same room as us until we went home on the Wednesday.

"We were home two weeks when my son rang up and asked was he dreaming or did we meet a man carrying a child the night Madeleine was taken. We all remembered that we had the same recollection. I felt we should report it to the police.

"I rang the Portuguese police and they took a statement from me on the phone.Then they asked me to make a statement to gardai, which I did in Drogheda two weeks after the disappearance.

"Two days later, Leicestershire police got on to us and said they wanted to speak to all nine of us. But we felt there was no point dragging grand children and the whole lot out to Portugal so just my eldest son, Peter, and youngest daughter, Aoife, and I flew to Luz to make a statement.

"The police were fairly busy and the station was pretty typical. They didnt seem to be the most efficient police you ever came across but they are probably no different to police anywhere else. We were interviewed separately and told them what we saw, and showed them on the map where we met the man and child.

"We spent the whole day there from 10.30am to 7pm with an interpreter. That day, May 26 last year, was the last time we had any contact with the investigation.I remember clearly because it was my wedding anniversary.

"I told them we went for dinner at the Dolphin Restaurant and then went on to have just one drink in Kelly's bar, just 50 yards away.

"We would normally have stayed out longer but my son and his family were going home the next day.

"As we made our way back to our apartment in Estrella da Luz, we met a guy with a child that appeared to be asleep.

"It looked like a blonde child, and I thought she might be four years old, as she was the same size as my grandchild who was with us.

"It was around 9.55pm and it was getting dark and he was looking downward so I couldnt tell you exactly what he looked like.

"None of us was 100 per cent sure what he was wearing but we all told police he was wearing beige trousers and a darker top. We all put him in his early 40s. I didnt think he was Portuguese." Insisting he knew chief suspect Robert Murat visually for years, Mr Smith told police the person he saw carrying a child could not be him.

"I told police it was definitely not him because the man wasn't as big as Murat. I think I would have definitely recognised him."
frencheuropean
frencheuropean
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1203
Warning :
Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sat 6 Jul - 16:00

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324 Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324 Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324 Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324
That cheered me up!
wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Sat 6 Jul - 18:13

Claudia79 wrote:Bundle Man

Rude Man.

Creepy Man

Spotty Man

Photo Man

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324
Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324 
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Jul - 18:25

Aww. They missed all my personal favourites off. Where's Posh Spice? And the couple from Anna Scam's party shop?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 6 Jul - 18:46

I find the choice of suspects names interesting especially as they were coined from this and other forums. someone reads them all.Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 306321 
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Jul - 20:03

tanszi wrote:I find the choice of suspects names interesting especially as they were coined from this and other forums.  someone reads them all.Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 306321 

Exactly what I was thinking myself Tanszi! Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 294124 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Jul - 20:26

I love the Scar. You get to the bottom and there's a button that says -

More "News" Here.

Does that mean that it isn't news? Just something masquerading as news? Brilliant. Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 6 Jul - 21:48

OMG you couldn't make it up if you tried. What the hell is going on.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 6 Jul - 22:09

Rude Man.

Creepy Man

Spotty Man

Photo Man

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324   Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324

I don't see the invisible man.

Thats the funniest thing I've seen on here for a while,great piece of investigative journalism.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 6 Jul - 22:18

well now im sure journos come here to find out what some of us think. I love that article, its fab.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Jul - 22:52

And even more suspects!

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 070713-papers-sunday-express-1-329x437
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 6 Jul - 22:56

Oooohhhh!!!! A free Monsters University book mark! Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 29204
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 6 Jul - 22:58

Oh yes its the ring of people smugglers.

Express is really milking it.

Masquerading as British cleaners in a white van no doubt.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Sat 6 Jul - 23:01

Lioned wrote:Oh yes its the ring of people smugglers.

Express is really milking it.

Masquerading as British cleaners in a white van no doubt.

They really can make this stuff up! People smugglers are out to make profit and the reward that was offered when Maddie disappeared must have been worth a lot more than they would have received for one nearly 4 year-old child.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sat 6 Jul - 23:07

does anyone else think the media are extracting the **** from SY.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Sat 6 Jul - 23:13

tanszi wrote:does anyone else think the media are extracting the **** from SY.

If they are not... they should be. Its been a disgrace from the start.  Wish SY would just get on with it.... whatever it is they are doing.

Last edited by Krisy22 on Sat 6 Jul - 23:13; edited 1 time in total
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 6 Jul - 23:13

I think this one is really poking fun at the whole Circus.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  welshy Sat 6 Jul - 23:53

Lioned wrote:

Rude Man.

Creepy Man

Spotty Man

Photo Man

I don't see the invisible man.

Haven't seen anything so funny for a long time. Rothley towers will be fuming. ,

Thats the funniest thing I've seen on here for a while,great piece of investigative journalism.  
welshy
welshy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 395
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopdaloop Sun 7 Jul - 0:13

Well they are on the right track as rude man and spotty man are the one and the same Gerry McCann
Loopdaloop
Loopdaloop
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 815
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 7 Jul - 1:37

What about 'sneery man'?
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  dutchclogs Sun 7 Jul - 3:59

kitti wrote:What about 'sneery man'?

Yes thats a good one for Gerry,  Ha ha

Last edited by dutchclogs on Sun 7 Jul - 4:07; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Emoticons not working for me)
dutchclogs
dutchclogs
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1062
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  tigger Sun 7 Jul - 7:09

dutchclogs wrote:
kitti wrote:What about 'sneery man'?

Yes thats a good one for Gerry,  Ha ha

Whenever I see that photograph of Gerry at the end of his run I'm reminded of a man who was rather ugly and hirsute. His friends called him 'Consul - the almost human' after a gorilla at the local zoo.

'the almost human' is a pretty good description of Gerry imo. Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 25346 
tigger
tigger
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1740
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Mon 8 Jul - 11:34

Dailystar 6th July 2013 -!!! Five-suspects-in-the-frame-for-Madeleine-Mccan-abduction - Page 2 23324  Brilliant from the Daily Star!
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2