Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The face of a mother's grief

+9
jeanmonroe
kitti
Panda
comperedna
wjk
fred
kathybelle
SteveT
ProfessorPlum
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Empty Re: The face of a mother's grief

Post  Panda Thu 22 Aug - 13:34

comperedna wrote:Where were all the family holiday snaps full stop? Creche, creche, creche... and adults jogging and poncing about playing tennis. You can do that in England! Where are the snaps of small children running in and out of the edge of the sea and laughing and jumping in it with the parents? Where are the ones of children burying their legs and feet in the sand, and building sandcastles on the beach? Where are the shots of family picnics... all of these are normal holiday activities when you have young children... with or without friends together on the same trip. Where are the short walks along the shore or the cliffs with one twin on each back in a Karrimor and Madeleine holding a parent's hand? They are fit young parents and the twins were only 2 years old. Where is any sense of the adults and children even getting to know they are in Portugal? Oh, I forgot... tapas bars and local food when the kids were in bed. That's about it. It was a weird family holiday, even given that the group, all with young children, were staying in a Mark Warner would-be upmarket holiday camp complex, weird even without the loss of Madeleine. Why did the Mccanns not leave the children with their grandparents if they didn't want a family holiday? Family holidays have shedloads of photos to show everyone afterwards... often videos too!
Funny you should say that comparedna, I have just had a holiday in Jersey and spent a couple of days on the Beach where both Parents were involved in their childrens activities playing ball, building sandcastles, fetching water from rock pools.......I actually thought of the McCanns then !!!! They never really got involved in the day to day activities of the others preferring instead to leave their children in the creche every day while they played Tennis and jogged. As Gerry famously said "It was our holiday too". When Kate had her first book published the photo of Madeleine on the cover was chosen because she looked so lovely.......had a more recent photo been used, say the one by the Pool, with all the people reading it is and seeing it on book shelves , maybe someone would have recognised her as someone they had seen recently.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 22 Aug - 15:14

Considering Gerry McCann was always taking pictures off Madeleine at home ......where were the pictures off her on holiday.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :
The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 22 Aug - 15:35

kitti wrote:Considering Gerry McCann was always taking pictures off Madeleine at home ......where were the pictures off her on holiday.
There were so many older ones uploaded to the internet, I'm amazed that there aren't lots from the holiday. Perhaps those who think Madeleine was gone before May 3rd are right and there just aren't any more of her.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Thu 22 Aug - 15:45

AnnaEsse wrote:
kitti wrote:Considering Gerry McCann was always taking pictures off Madeleine at home ......where were the pictures off her on holiday.
There were so many older ones uploaded to the internet, I'm amazed that there aren't lots from the holiday. Perhaps those who think Madeleine was gone before May 3rd are right and there just aren't any more of her.
It makes you wonder Anna. There should have been loads on the camera by the 3 May that they could have handed over to the PJ.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3288
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Thu 22 Aug - 15:49

chrissie wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:
It makes you wonder Anna.  There should have been loads on the camera by the 3 May that they could have handed over to the PJ.
Yes, judging by the huge number of photos that come up on Google images, the McCanns liked taking snaps. However, there are so few from that holiday they had been on for 6 days (?) when Madeleine disappeared.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Thu 22 Aug - 16:26

chrissie:
It makes you wonder Anna. There should have been loads on the camera by the 3 May that they could have handed over to the PJ.

BUT was the 'last photo' amongst them?
It WOULD definitely have been, if you believe the McCanns, wouldn't it?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Thu 22 Aug - 21:31

Looking at the grey pictures in the files....they seem to be off the same day off the McCann children going by the clothes they were wearing...the play area.....the tennis court picture off them all messing Around and the surrounding area......all taken on the same day going by the clothes ....that was 28th April the first day.....where are the pictures for AFTER that day....don't believe the pool
Picture and I'm not even sure about the tennis ball picture....if it wasnt for the fact it was on a camera I would say it wasnt Madeleine or it was photoshopped...but it was on a camera....Jane tanners camera if I remember.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 22 Aug - 21:47

Kate claims to have taken the tennis court photo herself - in the book she says that she rushed back to get her camera because Madeleine looked so lovely - but in Rachael Oldfield's interview, if I remember correctly, she said that Jane had taken it.

If that photo and the one by the pool are both of Madeleine (and that's pretty hard to believe) there's no way on earth in my opinion that they were taken within a day or two of each other.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  jeanmonroe Fri 23 Aug - 9:59

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Kate claims to have taken the tennis court photo herself - in the book she says that she rushed back to get her camera because Madeleine looked so lovely - but in Rachael Oldfield's interview, if I remember correctly, she  said that Jane had taken it.

If that photo and the one by the pool are both of Madeleine (and that's pretty hard to believe) there's no way on earth in my opinion that they were taken within a day or two of each other.
So what was the reason for Kate lying about having taken the tennis photo herself?
WHY would you lie about a simple photograph?
WHY would there be ANY lies in relation to a 'missing' child?
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 23 Aug - 10:41

jeanmonroe wrote:
Not Born Yesterday wrote:Kate claims to have taken the tennis court photo herself - in the book she says that she rushed back to get her camera because Madeleine looked so lovely - but in Rachael Oldfield's interview, if I remember correctly, she  said that Jane had taken it.

So what was the reason for Kate lying about having taken the tennis photo herself?
WHY would you lie about a simple photograph?
WHY would there be ANY lies in relation to a 'missing' child?
I think those are rhetorical questions jeanmonroe The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 192282 
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 10:48

I agree that the child in the tennis ball photo and the one in the 'last photo' by the pool look to be of different ages. The tennis ball child looks ready to start primary school, whereas the pool pic child seems to be of nursery school age - perhaps a year's difference?

I wonder where they were on May 3rd 2006 at 1.29pm?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 10:55

Ok, well 2005 was Majorca:

In September of 2005, Savio, I and Ellena, who at the time was 1 and a half years old, spent our holidays abroad, in Majorca. We went (page 2) on holidays with Kate, Gerry, and Madeleine, who should have been around 2 and a half years old and with the twins, Sean and Amelie, who were just months old. I remember that I was pregnant with Isabella.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id236.html

Off to find out where they went in 2006.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 11:12

These shared holidays are usually organised for the whole group, although for the last holiday, last September, Gerry McCann and Kate McCann did not go to Greece with the group.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/RACHAEL-OLDFIELD.htm

Ok, so did they go to Ireland in 2006 perhaps?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 11:28

Can't find any info on where or whether they went on holiday in 2006. Does anyone else know?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 11:57

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7MYUCd9nMqllFZK6M1oozq58n_KiCbO0z-JZnO_Afd8CNxVRaIg
The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 _4405211

Can't manage to upload the pool pic, but Madeleine looks slimmer in the legs, arms and wrists here compared to the more chubby-looking Madeleine by the pool (I think, anyway).

Last edited by Wintabells on Fri 23 Aug - 15:29; edited 1 time in total
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 23 Aug - 12:47

Sadly the posting of photos is way beyond me but I'm hoping that someone will post the tennis court and pool photos side by side.

The faces look so different but perhaps if the photos are together, this might not be the case.

There was a very early report (now long gone of course) that Kate felt safe (in leaving the children) because she had been to PDL before. That could of course have been an error but, if it was actually true, it could explain the poolside photo which to me - going by the ages of the children and the apparent blazing sunshine - looks as if it was taken the summer before.

Strange that there is no information about any holiday in 2006.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 15:28

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlyoRxxXYTj8G4CH3MRuzgb-DxqrC7SF4HdojLoDnRFcTkNMlwpA

Here's another of the faux grieving faces.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 23 Aug - 15:29

Wintabells wrote:The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlyoRxxXYTj8G4CH3MRuzgb-DxqrC7SF4HdojLoDnRFcTkNMlwpA

Here's another of the faux grieving faces.
The eyes are blank.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 15:32

Wintabells wrote:The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7MYUCd9nMqllFZK6M1oozq58n_KiCbO0z-JZnO_Afd8CNxVRaIg

So here they are together.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 23 Aug - 15:32

She looks like she has suitcases under her eyes and a mellon stuffed in her gob.The ugly fairies have done their job.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 15:36

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Madeleine_McCann_450
Wintabells wrote:
Wintabells wrote:The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7MYUCd9nMqllFZK6M1oozq58n_KiCbO0z-JZnO_Afd8CNxVRaIg

Red velvet dress photo taken Christmas 2006.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 23 Aug - 15:39

Thanks Winterbells.

In both sets of photos, they look like different children to me. The top left and the tennis photo look the same.
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 15:46

Red velvet dress girl looks slightly older than pool-side girl to me, and both look about a year younger than tennis-girl.  Not sure what to say about the final one (hair tied back) - don't know when it was taken, but she looks older again (to me) than pool-side girl. None of them look like the child on the official missing Madeleine posters, which has obviously been photo-shopped to remove eye-bags and enhance eyelashes.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 23 Aug - 15:53

And if you throw these photos into the mix, it get even more confusing (sorry don't know how to make them smaller)

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Madeleine-mccann-pic-pa-17855316-194415

The face of a mother's grief - Page 2 Madeleine-McCann-in-an-Everton-Football-shirt-757309
chrissie
chrissie
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Fri 23 Aug - 16:35

Thanks, Chrissie.

Everton-top-child looks the same age as Tennis-ball child (to me) and looks like the same kid.

Don't know if I'm just trying to convince myself, but pool-side child looks younger than Everton-top child.

Did the PJ actually take custody of KMcC's camera, I wonder, or just accept that the 'last' photo was taken on it on the date claimed.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next