Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

+2
Wintabells
tanszi
6 posters

Go down

Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Empty Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells Sun 15 Sep - 19:47

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :
Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Empty Re: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'.

Post  Wintabells Sun 15 Sep - 19:48

Goncalo must have gone white when this exchange with a key witness comprehensively destroyed his chances:

Defence Lawyer: Do you know if the book hampered the investigation?

Mother Theresa Hubbard: I can't answer that.

Perhaps the trial should have taken place in private: watching this balloon collapsing into rubber and spittle after six years of threat and bluff almost makes one feel guilty. Almost.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :
Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 15 Sep - 20:04

Hubbard was good value though. Spiffing entertainment.
Reminded me a lot of Wavy Mavis in Open All Hours.

Whose side was she on, by the way? Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 294124
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 15 Sep - 20:08

stoppit almostgothic I spat my coffee out. dangerous sometimes coming here:lmao: Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324 
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 15 Sep - 20:18

Oops, sorry about that!

It does make you wonder though, if that was their A Team, who the hell was sitting on the subs bench ...
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Sep - 20:49

Was the idea of having Mrs Hubbard as a Witness because her Husband is a Clergyman so she would be considered "respectable"? If so , it has proved yet again how ill conceived the idea was. Mrs Hubbard hardly knows the Mccanns, lives too far away to know how the Parents are coping, how the twins are reacting to what is going on. Were the rest of the Tapas Group sidelined because they did not want to testify? Who is more likely to affect the twins behaviour , their Parents appearing in the British Press every other day , or an ex Detective living in another Country ?

I sincerely hope that the verdict is not deferred and if Goncarlo wins, the Portugese close the case .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 16 Sep - 2:12

Defence Lawyer: Do you know if the book hampered the investigation?

Funny question, though.

The book wasn't published until after the investigation had been shelved, right? so how could it hamper it? Shouldn't he have asked if, in Wavy Mavis's view, the book hampered the search given it's the damned search they're bothered about is it not?

Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 16 Sep - 2:21

plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 99240 

GP – Do you know the Oprah Winfrey TV program?
SH answers no.
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 7:43

Wintabells wrote:plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!  Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 99240 

SH answers no.
Not a very aware person is she? Makes sense really! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 25346 
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Sep - 8:22

pennylane wrote:
Wintabells wrote:plus... PLUS.... she doesn't know who Oprah Winfrey is?!  Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 99240 

SH answers no.
Not a very aware person is she? Makes sense really! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 25346 
What a stupid question to ask though................I suspect Isobel Duarte was thinking Canada is in America,Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324 Seriously now, she proved what an oddball she is at the injuction trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 8:30

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:

SH answers no.
What a stupid question to ask though................I suspect Isobel Duarte was thinking Canada is in America,Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324 Seriously now, she proved what an oddball she is at the injuction trial.
The poor dear must be living on Mars if she hasn't heard of Oprah.Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 678246 

I think the fact that there are no tapasniks taking the stand on behalf of the McCanns speaks legions.  Team McCann cannot risk them being questioned in a court of law!
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Sep - 8:44

My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up.Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 25346 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 8:54

Panda wrote:
My guess is the Tapas 7 declined to go to Court for Kate and Gerry because their timelines might have been brought up.Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 25346 
Exacto!  But I'm guessing they were not approached either.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Sep - 9:11

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 9:14

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
It's also looking as though Kate's 3rd Book has been shelved by the Publishers pending the result of this Trial.
Oh deary me.  Don't tell me Kate McCann The Trilogy has been shelved!  The fiction industry must be gutted! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 294124
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Sep - 9:27

pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
Oh deary me.  Don't tell me Kate McCann The Trilogy has been shelved!  The fiction industry must be gutted! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 294124
So must the fans pennylane.Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Mon 16 Sep - 9:34

Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
pennylane wrote:
Panda wrote:
So must the fans pennylane.Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324 
the poor fans will be inconsolable! Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Mon 16 Sep - 11:09

I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

She commented that everybody in Portugal (bar some in PdL) believe GA's book.
When asked for an objective basis for her belief, she applies the Butterfly Effect thus:

That a hurricane's formation (nationwide disbelief of the McCann gospel) is contingent upon whether or not a distant butterfly (one Portuguese nurse working in Canada) had flapped its wings (read and believed GA's book) at some point in time.

Computer says  Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 847843
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Mon 16 Sep - 11:19

almostgothic wrote:I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

When asked for an objective basis for her belief, she applies the Butterfly Effect thus:

That a hurricane's formation (nationwide disbelief of the McCann gospel) is contingent upon whether or not a distant butterfly (one Portuguese nurse working in Canada) had flapped its wings (read and believed GA's book) at some point in time.

Mrs. Hubbard speaks on behalf of the whole nation of Portugal does she?  Although her only proof of what she says is ONE Portuguese nurse IN CANADA???? 
Blacksmith - 'On a Lower Note'. 23324

Also this exchange made me laugh....

SO – Then why were they angry with the (Goncalo Amarals) book?
SH says they don't fear what the book says.

Erm, why were they there then?  I thought the book was damaging????  No wonder Kate cried in court, she saw her £1million going up in smoke.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Sep - 11:21

almostgothic wrote:I feel that note must be taken of Hubbard's idiosyncratic use of Chaos Theory during her testimony.

Morning almostgothic, why on earth has Kate managed to get such ineffectual witnesses.....unless she is saving the best til last.!!!

What's that saying....."when a butterfly flaps it's wings"........................
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down