Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The one big argument

+22
wjk
mossman
cass
LJC
AnnaEsse
fred
comperedna
jassi
margaret
DavidA
jay2001
Roasted Arizona
almostgothic
jejune
wantthetruth
nospinnaker
interested
fuzeta
SteveT
mara thon
kitti
jeanmonroe
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The one big argument Empty The one big argument

Post  Roasted Arizona Sun 20 Oct - 12:18

For the McCanns innocence, that is constantly thrown at me, is why would they continue to push the media/uk police, if they are guilty? Wouldn't they want it all to die down and quietly get on with their lives?

I know my response to that, but wondered what other people think?
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
The one big argument Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The one big argument Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

The one big argument Empty Re: The one big argument

Post  jeanmonroe Sun 20 Oct - 12:26

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.
jeanmonroe
jeanmonroe
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1041
Warning :
The one big argument Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100The one big argument Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Oct - 12:47

I can only surmise that, with their arrogance and self-importance, they thought that the Portuguese police wouldn't doubt them and they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

It's like being on a never-ending roller-coaster, having to continue with the lies and pretence.

However, as they say on their website, it's never too late to do the right thing so, how about it, folks?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 20 Oct - 14:05

If you remember Gerry McCann said after 2 months he thought the media coverage would die down, he was hoping no doubt

Why don't they go away...Mr Amaral, that's why.

I also think their PR is pushing them as I notice Kate McCann huffing and blowing in interviews...she can't be asked.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  comperedna Sun 20 Oct - 15:27

'Hiding in plain sight'... the only option now...
comperedna
comperedna
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 865
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post  mara thon Sun 20 Oct - 15:29

comperedna wrote:'Hiding in plain sight'... the only option now...
agreed
mara thon
mara thon
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 7076
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  SteveT Sun 20 Oct - 15:29

Roasted Arizona,

That is also the argument that is thrown at me whenever I discuss the case with anyone. One person suggested the only reason they would was if Kate was not aware of all the facts.
SteveT
SteveT
Forum Addict
Forum Addict

Male
Number of posts : 602
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Sun 20 Oct - 16:04

The thing that blew that argument out of the water for me was Lance Armstrong. I know of course they are two totally different issues but why did he not fade into the background happy with his lot and look how he continued to lie and protest his innocence.

I agree also with them hiding in plain sight now.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Sun 20 Oct - 16:07

Me too
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 20 Oct - 17:00

I think when Gerry said he thought the media coverage would end after a couple of months, he forgot about the internet and the impact the Missing Madeleine story had on people who were following it online.

As a result their only option now is to hide in plain sight.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  nospinnaker Sun 20 Oct - 17:11

Indeed, why not just let it die down? I have wondered that myself.

If it was all about Internet Nutters and people bad mouthing their reputations then just keeping quiet would have done that after a period of a few months.

Either that or the even simpler trump card they could have played would be some sort of watertight evidence of an abduction. We would all just apologise and shut up, or at least most of us would.

And as far as we can see it's not this business of harming the hunt for Madeledine, because we have not seen any real evidence of such a thing.

It can't be all about money because the expenditure on all this PR just has to be greater than the income.

All a bit of a mystery!
nospinnaker
nospinnaker
Reg Member
Reg Member

Number of posts : 188
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  wantthetruth Sun 20 Oct - 17:16

Because this whole thing has developed a life of it's own and they are literally being swept along now.

wantthetruth
wantthetruth
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 934
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jassi Sun 20 Oct - 17:21

Not Born Yesterday wrote:I can only surmise that, with their arrogance and self-importance, they thought that the Portuguese police wouldn't doubt them and they wouldn't be in the position they are now.

It's like being on a never-ending roller-coaster, having to continue with the lies and pretence.

However, as they say on their website, it's never too late to do the right thing so, how about it, folks?
I always thought that the case. In pre-internet days, this would probably have been so and they could have disappeared into obscurity.
However, people are able to pick each and every one of their utterings to pieces and see the discrepancies for themselves.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  jejune Sun 20 Oct - 17:55

It's a very compelling idea that nobody would be stupid enough to draw this much attention to themselves if they were guilty of a crime.  You'd be daft not to question that aspect of it.  But there are enough examples to show that some people simply believe they do not have to follow the 'normal' rules.  Once you set off down a particular path it can be extremely difficult to move away from it, especially if you have something to hide.

For me, it was what happened in those few days after the event that were significant, in that I don't know of any other child 'abduction' case where a PR expert was involved right from the beginning, or where there was so much establishment support at a time when the assumption should surely still be that Madeleine had hurt herself when she woke up to find her parents gone, and tried to find them.  Just because the children had been left on their own for several nights prior to that doesn't mean that you can predict how a child will act in those circumstances.  Why was the supposition that Madeleine left the apartment and came to harm by accident ruled out by the McCanns and the British police?  Only the Portuguese police, led by Amaral, have looked at the idea that Madeleine suffered accidental death because a three year-old and two 18 month-olds were left in a holiday apartment with no adult supervision.  I have never understood why the McCanns couldn't countenance this.  Just to say she wouldn't have woken and wandered isn't a good enough reason to rule this out.  Why couldn't that have happened?

On another note, on the same page the 'Daily Mirror' (last week) wrote about 'trolls' saying the new e-fit looked like Gerry, there was another piece that mentioned that the Smiths' e-fit (drawn up by the 'private detectives') was never released to the public and the Smiths believed that the man they were describing looked like Gerry The one big argument 15327
jejune
jejune
Elite Member
Elite Member

Female
Number of posts : 312
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 20 Oct - 18:19

That picture of 18 month old Maddie in the red dress must haunt them now. It's reproduced everywhere, but why? It's no use for identification purposes. The only reason is to tug at people's heart strings and purse strings. I'm surprised it's not on tea towels and shortbread tins by now. Poor Maddie. The one big argument 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sun 20 Oct - 18:21

comperedna wrote:'Hiding in plain sight'... the only option now...
Spot on.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Sun 20 Oct - 18:59

I have always believed that one or both of the McCanns is a psychopath.

The following quote can explain their behavior with regards to the media:

"Occasionally, when psychopathic white-collar offenders are identified, they seek out the media and give interviews. They may believe their skills of persuasion are effective enough to convince the public that they have done nothing wrong and are being targeted unjustly by law enforcement. To prevent serious problems with the investigation and prosecution, investigators must remain prepared for all possibilities."

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/law-enforcement-bulletin/november-2012/the-corporate-psychopath

jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Sun 20 Oct - 19:54

Thanks, interesting to see what other people think......for what it's worth I think there are a few reasons....

1) so that they can try and convince the twins, in years to come, that they tried 'really hard to find her'.

2) it's a roller coaster they simply can't get off, they're scared that if they relinquish control, they're done for.

3) they have realised that a lot of people will say that they must be innocent to be continuing putting themselves out there......there we go, gone full circle!
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  jay2001 Sun 20 Oct - 20:19

They've told so many stories that they can't get off the roller coaster and they have to carry on. Think they believe their own stories now and are in far too deep. Also think if they considered the twins they'd have shut up in 2008 when the case was shelved. Most people sympathised with them then, apart from us vile internet trolls! Dr Amaral's book wouldn't have seen the light of day in the UK and they could've slunk away.

But the celebrity and fame held them in awe they seemed to like the stardom, forgetting the only reason they were in the limelight was because they didn't take care of their daughter. They were on breakfast telly, Oprah's show, shook hands with the Pope, flew in private jets and stayed in 5 star hotels. Like wannabee pop stars on X Factor they were famous in their tragic world. Madeleine who?

They were trapped in this limbo and must have thought they were invincible. So they sued Dr Amaral and initially got the book banned. They were on a roll and greedily awaited one million big ones! Unlike Desmond Amaral is a man of integrity and wouldn't accede to their demands. Despite losing everything and being financially ruined he wouldn't settle and the case is now ongoing. I've read that the Mcs wanted to settle out of court, but Dr Amaral wouldn't so I'm praying that at long last there will be justice for Madeleine.

Sorry for the ramble - and that's why I think they can't stop now.

jay2001
jay2001
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 403
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  DavidA Sun 20 Oct - 20:44

kitti wrote:If you remember Gerry McCann said after 2 months he thought the media coverage would die down, he was hoping no doubt

Why don't they go away...Mr Amaral, that's why.

I also think their PR is pushing them as I notice Kate McCann huffing and blowing in interviews...she can't be asked.
Yes I agree. I think the McCanns expected the big noise to shout 'abduction' and then for everything to be mostly forgotten. But as you say, Amaral go involved, and also the story grew, plus the forums started (the Mirror forum became so popular with so many valid posts questioning the official story that it was closed).
DavidA
DavidA
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 385
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sun 20 Oct - 21:00

I think they enjoyed the attention and came to believe they were invincible. Suing mr.amaral was their downfall.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  LJC Sun 20 Oct - 23:54

If I lost one of my children on holiday or anywhere else, my own parents would not let me stop 'looking'. I would be asked day in and day out by my parents about progress. They would not allow this to go away. Now, if the McCanns had no family at all, it might be different, but they have, on both sides. And the families want answers even if the McCanns would rather the whole fuss died down. Once you lose your child, it can never go away, whether you had a hand in the disappearance or not. It just never goes away because others around you won't let it. Yes, and then forums spring up on the Internet into the bargain. No chance of it going away if you ask me.
LJC
LJC
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2116
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Wintabells Mon 21 Oct - 2:04

jejune wrote:

Why was the supposition that Madeleine left the apartment and came to harm by accident ruled out by the McCanns and the British police?  Only the Portuguese police, led by Amaral, have looked at the idea that Madeleine suffered accidental death because a three year-old and two 18 month-olds were left in a holiday apartment with no adult supervision.  I have never understood why the McCanns couldn't countenance this.  Just to say she wouldn't have woken and wandered isn't a good enough reason to rule this out.  Why couldn't that have happened?

I guess that having stated that she knew immediately that Madeleine had been 'taken' because of the 'state' of the room (which we are led to believe included forced shutters and open window) Kate had made it impossible to speculate that Madeleine had left of her own accord.

But, as I've asked in another thread (which everyone has ignored for some reason) IF they didn't accept that she'd woken and wandered AND believed she'd been abducted by whoever had forced the shutters up and the window open, why on earth didn't they phone the police immediately? and why were they 'searching' for Madeleine who could have been 'taken' between the last check (Matt's ) and Kate's check at 10pm (i.e. half an hour ago)?
Wintabells
Wintabells
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1331
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post  jinvta Mon 21 Oct - 2:32

Wintabells wrote:IF they didn't accept that she'd woken and wandered AND believed she'd been abducted by whoever had forced the shutters up and the window open, why on earth didn't they phone the police immediately? and why were they 'searching' for Madeleine who could have been 'taken' between the last check (Matt's ) and Kate's check at 10pm (i.e. half an hour ago)?

Now that is the million dollar question and one that only the McCanns themselves can answer. Kind of a difficult one to explain away, however. This is just one of many examples of the McCanns' actions not fitting the situation. Surely if Kate was so sure that Madeleine had been "taken" the first thing she would have done would be to phone the police. Delaying calling the police conveniently allowed the group time to construct the timeline as well as get their stories straight.
jinvta
jinvta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1065
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 21 Oct - 9:07

The only way that anyone could be sure that a child had been abducted is if there had been witnesses to what happened, as in the tragic case of April Jones.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next