Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amaral Trial today?

+6
malena stool
fuzeta
MaryB
almostgothic
pennylane
fred
10 posters

Go down

Amaral Trial today? Empty Amaral Trial today?

Post  Panda Tue 5 Nov - 10:01

While searching for info regarding the repair of the shutters in mccannfiles , needless to say , after several permutations I never found details. However there was a thread about the Trial and the next due date is today,
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Amaral Trial today? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral Trial today? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Amaral Trial today? Empty Re: Amaral Trial today?

Post  MaryB Tue 5 Nov - 10:05

Hi Panda. I was just wondering exactly the same thing. But there has as yet been no fanfare of trumpets on every newschannel heralding the arrival of the royal twosome. So usually when it isn't 'good' news there is no news at all. I expect we'll have to wait and see. But I think it does re-start today. If it's Goncalo Amaral's witnesses I don't suppose anything will be reported at all. Unbiased reporting and all that of course.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :
Amaral Trial today? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Amaral Trial today? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Nov - 10:16

MaryB wrote:Hi Panda.  I was just wondering exactly the same thing.  But there has as yet been no fanfare of trumpets on every newschannel heralding the arrival of the royal twosome.  So usually when it isn't 'good' news there is no news at all.  I expect we'll have to wait and see.  But I think it does re-start today.  If it's Goncalo Amaral's witnesses I don't suppose anything will be reported at all.  Unbiased reporting and all that of course.  
Morning MaryB, if true it would account for the bu***hit the Press have been dishing out the past few days to prove the McCanns innocent, courtesy of CM no doubt.....disgusting , a plague on all your houses.Amaral Trial today? 294124 

Maybe we will get to know soon , I have to go out now, will catch up later
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  fred Tue 5 Nov - 10:17

Yes, it is supposed to be taking place today, but not seen anything at all about it any where!
fred
fred
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 4927
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  pennylane Tue 5 Nov - 10:30

Mélusine (TCMOMM) has posted this:

copied from twitter:

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
Today in Lisbon, witnesses Paulo Sargento, Valentim de Carvalho, Luis Varela Marreiros, Mario Lopes, Tania Raposo, Antonio Paulo dos Santos.
pennylane
pennylane
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 5353
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 10:31

Today is also the day where the judge says whether or not the McCanns can appear in person, at the end of proceedings, is it not ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 10:37

Yes, and whether Mr Amaral can appear too.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 10:42

If the McCanns were not aware of the PJ plans to re-open the investigation, they must be regretting their application to appear now. I doubt they want to be anywhere near Portugese soil at the minute. Amaral Trial today? 29204 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 10:46

Will Duarte turn up today, or will it be Deputy Dawg again?

Will Mr Santos de Oliveira mention the Exton Report at some point in the proceedings?

Will the judge call the McCanns' bluff and let them speak?

Interesting times ......
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Tue 5 Nov - 10:54

mossman wrote:If the McCanns were not aware of the PJ plans to re-open the investigation, they must be regretting their application to appear now.  I doubt they want to be anywhere near Portugese soil at the minute.  Amaral Trial today? 29204 
Spot on.
They surely would not have made those requests if they had known.
And now hoist by their own petard.

If they are allowed to speak and they do speak, they'll probably face even more awkward questions than they anticipated.
If they say: 'Sorry judge, we can't turn up after all', given the PR nonsense with GM turning up and demanding to be heard - where on earth does that leave them?
If they took that option, they would be most definitely be TOAST.
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryB Tue 5 Nov - 11:04

My guess would be they won't turn up. Because quite a lot has happened before they asked to speak. I wonder if they knew the case would be re-opened when it was.
MaryB
MaryB
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1581
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  fuzeta Tue 5 Nov - 11:33

I hope that the judge has been watching all the antics by the McCanns. All the crime watch nonsense and all the ridiculous nonsense in the press. I hope that they have incensed her and that she will go for the jugular with them Amaral Trial today? 613255 
fuzeta
fuzeta
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4231
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 5 Nov - 14:38

mossman wrote:If the McCanns were not aware of the PJ plans to re-open the investigation, they must be regretting their application to appear now.  I doubt they want to be anywhere near Portugese soil at the minute.  Amaral Trial today? 29204 
They were aware.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  malena stool Tue 5 Nov - 15:00

I would imagine the last place on earth they would want to be is in Portugal. The easy way around this would be for the Portuguese Judiciary to invite them to take part or they will find in favour of Amaral and award him damages, all costs and incurred expenses.

Last edited by malena stool on Tue 5 Nov - 15:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 15:15

Claudia79 wrote:
They were aware.
l

I'm surprised I must say, I genuinely thought they would keep their traps closed if they knew. Any idea what they are up to ?
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 5 Nov - 15:20

mossman wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
They were aware.
l

I'm surprised I must say, I genuinely thought they would keep their traps closed if they knew.  Any idea what they are up to ?
Not really. There were several meetings between the PJ and the British Police. In the final part of one of them, here in Portugal, the McCanns were invited in and were informed of the will to ask for the case to be re-opened and apparently the reasons behind it including lines of investigation.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Tue 5 Nov - 16:39

pennylane wrote:Mélusine (TCMOMM) has posted this:

copied from twitter:

UK Justice Forum ‏@Justice_forum
Today in Lisbon, witnesses Paulo Sargento, Valentim de Carvalho, Luis Varela Marreiros, Mario Lopes, Tania Raposo, Antonio Paulo dos Santos.
Crikey pennylane , that is an army of witnesses compared to the measly roundup of McCanns supporters.Amaral Trial today? 294124 
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Tue 5 Nov - 17:05

Claudia79 wrote:
mossman wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
They were aware.
l

I'm surprised I must say, I genuinely thought they would keep their traps closed if they knew.  Any idea what they are up to ?
Not really. There were several meetings between the PJ and the British Police. In the final part of one of them, here in Portugal, the McCanns were invited in and were informed of the will to ask for the case to be re-opened and apparently the reasons behind it including lines of investigation.

Claudia.....my heart sinks further every time I see your name. As always though, thanks Amaral Trial today? Icon_flower 
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Tue 5 Nov - 19:32

mossman wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
mossman wrote:
Claudia79 wrote:
They were aware.
l

Claudia.....my heart sinks further every time I see your name.  As always though, thanks Amaral Trial today? Icon_flower 
Amaral Trial today? 83453 
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Tue 5 Nov - 20:33

thanks for the details Claudia79. my heart isn't sinking yet. I met some people today, we don't talk about the case, but today they wanted to know everything, seems they watched Crime watch and thought the efit looked like G McC. They really hope Amaral is successful in this case.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down