Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror

4 posters

Go down

Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Empty Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror

Post  Panda Fri 15 Nov - 10:13

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10450617/Christians-face-extinction-amid-sectarian-terror-minister-warns.html

Christians 'face extinction' amid sectarian terror, minister warns
Exclusive: violence against Christian minorities is now a "global crisis" as worshippers are driven out of their ancient homelands by militants, a senior minister warns
Christians 'face extinction' amid sectarian terror, minister warns
Pakistani Christians protest against the suicide bombing in All Saints church in the northwestern city of Peshawar in September Photo: A MAJEED/AFP
Matthew Holehouse By Matthew Holehouse, Political Correspondent8:13PM GMT 14 Nov 2013
Christianity is in danger of becoming extinct in its ancient homelands because of a rising tide of sectarian attacks, a senior minister will warn on Friday.
Violence against Christian worshippers and other religious minorities by fanatics has become a “global crisis” and is the gravest challenge facing the world this century, Baroness Warsi will say.
“A mass exodus is taking place, on a Biblical scale. In some places, there is a real danger that Christianity will become extinct,” she will say at a speech at Georgetown University in Washington.
In the new year, Lady Warsi, the Minister for Faith who sits in the Cabinet, will host an international summit to draw up a plan to end the violence against Christians - particularly in the countries where the faith was born.
Writing for Telegraph.co.uk, Lady Warsi highlights the bombing of All Saints Church in Pakistan, killing 85 congregants, in September and the gun attack on a Coptic wedding party in Egypt as the latest outrages by militants who have turned “religion upon religion, sect upon sect”.
Related Articles
Baroness Warsi: Extremists are driving Christians out of their homelands. We must act. 14 Nov 2013
“There are parts of the world today where to be a Christian is to put your life in danger,” she writes. “From continent to continent, Christians are facing discrimination, ostracism, torture, even murder, simply for the faith they follow.
“Christian populations are plummeting and the religion is being driven out of some of its historic heartlands. In Iraq, the Christian community has fallen from 1.2m in 1990 to 200,000 today. In Syria, the horrific bloodshed has masked the haemorrhaging of its Christian population,” she says.
Terrorists are subjecting Christians in the Middle East to “collective punishment” for American foreign policy. Worshippers are now regarded as newcomers and agents of the West, despite having lived there for centuries.
The attacks come against a diverse background of political upheaval, local turf wars and social unrest – but they share the common trait of Christians becoming a “scapegoat” for extremists who are insecure in their own religious identity, she will say.
It is the same mindset that motivated the Nazis to persecute the Jews and the Communists to suppress the Russian church, she says.
Lady Warsi is the first senior British politician to draw attention to the plight of Christians in the Arab world, and will call on other Muslims to defend Christians, citing the example of Christians who defended praying Muslims in Tahrir Square during the Egyptian uprising.
“A bomb going off in a Pakistani church shouldn’t just reverberate through Christian communities; it should stir the world,” she says.
The response must be a co-ordinated international effort similar to the campaign against Apartheid and for Civil Rights in the United States, Lady Warsi will argue. Extremists must be prevented from “twisting history” by claiming co-existence is not possible. She will hold up the example of her daughter, a Muslim who attends a convent school.
Her intervention comes as church leaders become increasingly alarmed at the rising numbers of sectarian attacks on churches in the Islamic world.
The Archbishop of Canterbury has described the victims of bombings in Pakistan as “martyrs”. “They have been attacked because they were testifying to their faith in Jesus Christ by going to church,” he said. Lord Sacks, the former chief rabbi, has described the continuous wave of attacks on Iraqi Christians by Al-Qaeda as “the religious equivalent of ethnic cleansing”.
Around a third of Syria’s Christian population are believed to have fled during the civil war, after being lumped together as “pro-Assad” by Islamist rebels. Earlier this month 45 Christian civilians were reported to have been killed and their churches desecrated in a massacre in Sadad, near Damascus, one of the oldest Christian communities in the world.
In Egypt, the Coptic Orthodox Church, which is the oldest in the world and was founded in 50AD, has come under attack from suicide bombers and arsonists since the Arab Spring.
In Kenya, the Al Shebaab gunmen who attacked a shopping mall in September, killing 61 civilians, asked Muslim hostages to leave before shooting their victims.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Empty Re: Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror

Post  Panda Fri 15 Nov - 10:22

Couldn't it be true of Britain as well? What about the woman who was not allowed to show her cross and chain? Would that have happened if there was not a muslim complaint?

A BRITISH Court agreed.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror Empty Re: Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror

Post  Guest Fri 15 Nov - 11:36

Panda wrote:

Couldn't it be true of Britain as well? What about the woman who was not allowed to show her cross and chain? Would that have happened if there was not a muslim complaint?

A BRITISH Court agreed.
I have no problem with people displaying a small, discreet cross, just as I display my small, discreet Magen David. What I do object to are Christians who try to harass me because of their religion. For example, when I was in hospital, a nurse told me that Jesus was watching over me. I don't want a dead rabbi to be watching over me, thanks very much, and I actually found that quite offensive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 15 Nov - 11:46

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:

A BRITISH Court agreed.
I have no problem with people displaying a small, discreet cross, just as I display my small, discreet Magen David.  What I do object to are Christians who try to harass me because of their religion.  For example, when I was in hospital, a nurse told me that Jesus was watching over me.  I don't want a dead rabbi to be watching over me, thanks very much, and I actually found that quite offensive.
I was "saved" when i went to Sunday School and thought I was the only one going to Heaven.Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror 294124 I remember saying to my Mother as she was washing dishes, "Mam, you do believe Jesus died on the cross for you , don'ty you"........"of course I do Love" she said
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 15 Nov - 13:32

Christians are being murdered in so many Islamic states, yet we are expected to accept and respect their right to religious freedom, which seems to include threats to behead and setting up Sharia areas in our cities.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Fri 15 Nov - 13:50

AnnaEsse wrote:Christians are being murdered in so many Islamic states, yet we are expected to accept and respect their right to religious freedom, which seems to include threats to behead and setting up Sharia areas in our cities.

I know AnnaEsse, we will be taken over by the Muslims it is inevitable, so many converts in Britain, Sharia Banks , schools for Muslims. Sony prepared a few years ago a forecast. Bearing in mind that the Western World now has 2,5 children and the Muslims 5.5, in two generations the Muslims will be the dominant race around the World. You have to wonder at Allahs teachings , an eye for an eye ets and their punishments, stoning to death, cutting off hands, pretty harsh I would say.

Anna, in her the writing on my computer comes out very small. but O.K. on my e-mails, what can I do, it is driving me mad.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Fri 15 Nov - 19:33

Panda wrote:
AnnaEsse wrote:Christians are being murdered in so many Islamic states, yet we are expected to accept and respect their right to religious freedom, which seems to include threats to behead and setting up Sharia areas in our cities.
I know AnnaEsse, we will be  taken over by the Muslims it is inevitable, so many converts in Britain, Sharia Banks , schools for Muslims. Sony prepared a few years ago a forecast. Bearing in mind that the Western World now has 2,5 children and the Muslims 5.5, in two generations the Muslims will be the dominant race around the World. You have to wonder at Allahs teachings , an eye for an eye ets and their punishments, stoning to death, cutting off hands, pretty harsh I would say.

Anna, in her the writing on my computer comes out very small. but O.K. on my e-mails, what can I do, it is driving me mad.
Panda, my son-in-law is head of history at a school in Leicester where there are many Muslim families who have 2 children, ages 9/10 months apart, in the same school year.

What browser are you using Panda?
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 15 Nov - 19:53

Muslims will not take over the World.

At least 1.3billion Chinese will see to that.Infact their History is a pretty good guide to the importance of religion as a dominant force.

In that sense the Chinease are centuries ahead of the Western World in evolutionary terms.They have long since recognised that Religion need not be exclusive to any race or breed.
More important is social trends and the value of poverty as a tool to govern.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Fri 15 Nov - 20:18

And if the Chinease can't be arsed to see off the Muslim threat then there are still about 300 million yanks of which about 75% are Christians.
And maybe if that isn't enough their are about 150 million Russians who will probably argue amongst themselves,unless they get prodded.

So all in all its just very convenient for some to promote the Muslim threat.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Claudia79 Sat 16 Nov - 0:21

Lioned wrote:And if the Chinease can't be arsed to see off the Muslim threat then there are still about 300 million yanks of which about 75% are Christians.
And maybe if that isn't enough their are about 150 million Russians who will probably argue amongst themselves,unless they get prodded.

Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror 307691 
I don't care about people's religions. They should keep them in their homes and inside their temples. I was raised to be a Christian (a Catholic more specifically) but since I tend to be an intellectual honest person (or I try to) I can't attack any religion since the one I was supposed to belong to was responsible for some of the most heinous crimes in the history of humankind.
Claudia79
Claudia79
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 7007
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://proud-of-the-pj.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Nov - 3:18

Lioned wrote:And if the Chinease can't be arsed to see off the Muslim threat then there are still about 300 million yanks of which about 75% are Christians.

lioned, I don't think it is that simple. The Chinese keep a tight rein on their population, the conflict in the middle East is forcing more immigration . I have no worries about those Muslims who work here , it's the influx of illegals and so many schools for Muslims, even in some Universities they are
forming a "seperatism" . They do not integrate , that is the biggest danger. If you lived in an area where muslims are virtually taking over, you would have more understanding about what is going on.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 16 Nov - 9:30

Do you think we are all doomed and there is no longer any hope for the meak and the mild.I was talking to my Muslim friend yesterday who runs the off licence on the corner and he wants to emigrate to Australia so his kids can get a better education and future. Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror 25346 
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Nov - 9:57

Lioned wrote:Do you think we are all doomed and there is no longer any hope for the meak and the mild.I was talking to my Muslim friend yesterday who runs the off licence on the corner and he wants to emigrate to Australia so his kids can get a better education and future. Christians face extinction amid sectarian terror 25346 
The Newspaper Shop on the corner of my street is owned by Muslims and they have integrated into the Community , speak English...that's the difference. I would think you live in a middle class area and do not have many Muslims as Neighbours. Where I live , it used to be middle class but now the Muslims have taken over. A friend says in the Street where she lives the end house has been converted to a mosque and all the men's shoes are left outside. A couple of schools have been taken over by Muslims , shops, and the danger lies in the fact that they do not integrate. We won't be doomed, it is the next generation and the one after that where Muslims become the indigenous population. I think it is Bradford where English is a second language.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sat 16 Nov - 15:01

panda,i spend a lot of time down the Old Kent Road near Millwall football ground so i know a bit about multi culture though by day i live in a very afluent area where we still shoot black people.
I think the NWO are making our country so unpleasant that even the nasty Muslims wont want to live here any more.
If it gets any worse there will just be us internet loons,boris and the Gypo's left here.And lets face it those Romany's will live in the most squalid lair with their little blonds children.
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 16 Nov - 15:33

Lioned wrote:panda,i spend a lot of time down the Old Kent Road near Millwall football ground so i know a bit about multi culture though by day i live in a very afluent area where we still shoot black people.
I think the NWO are making our country so unpleasant that even the nasty Muslims wont want to live here any more.
If it gets any worse there will just be us internet loons,boris and the Gypo's left here.And lets face it those Romany's will live in the most squalid lair with their little blonds children.
This so called Arab Spring has turned the World upside down Lioned. We have refugee camps where most will never have their own home , so many warring factions destroying Cities and splinter groups of Rebels nobody knows whose who any more. The rate at which all this unrest is spreading is scary , a United Nations supposed to keep Law and Order and as proved with Syria, , nothing achieved . America is becoming a lame duck and Russia is in the ascendancy , What happens next????
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum