Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau

4 posters

Go down

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Empty Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 6:58

A mother murdered her only child after being told by her boyfriend: 'It's her or me.'

Penny Boudreau strangled 12-year-old daughter Karissa after Vernon MacCumber threatened to end their affair because he did not get on with the girl.

Boudreau drove her daughter to a deserted wooded area, knocked her to the ground and strangled her, a Canadian court heard.

The heartless mother ignored her terrified daughter's cries of 'Mummy, don't!' as she pinned her down and wrapped a rope around her neck, prosecutor Paul Scovi said.

She then drove to a nearby river and pulled her daughter's trousers partly off to make it look as if she was the victim of a sex attack, before rolling her into the water.

Boudreau later claimed her daughter had gone missing after they had an argument and made TV appeals for her return. Two weeks later Karissa's body was found on the banks of the river.

Boudreau was caught by undercover officers posing as gangsters offering to destroy any evidence police had against her. She was charged with murder in June last year.

Boudreau broke down in tears in the courtroom in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia, as she pleaded guilty to murder and said: 'I'm sorry.'

Boudreau pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was jailed for 20 years without parole.

Relatives wept openly in the courtroom as Karissa's final hours were revealed by prosecutors.

The court heard that the single mother moved in with her boyfriend Vernon MacCumber.

MacCumber did not get on with the 12-year-old Karissa, and issued an ultimatum that either she went or he would end the relationship.

Bourdeau chose to sacrifice her daughter's life.

On returning home she threw away some of Karissa's clothes to make it look like she had run away. She also called her boyfriend to tell him her daughter had gone missing.

It is unclear if MacCumber knew what she had done. The pair attended Karissa's funeral together.

Police always suspected Boudreau but had no evidence to charge her after Karissa's body was found in February 2008.

Undercover investigators only learned the grisly details of the murder after a sting operation in which officers posed as organised crime bosses who convinced Boudreau they could destroy whatever evidence the police might have against her.

Boudreau took the bait and began talking. She was charged with murder in June 2008.

The judge Justice Margaret Stewart, looking directly at Boudreau, told her: 'You can never call yourself mother.

'The words, "Mummy, don't," are there to haunt you for the rest of your life'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1134282/Mummy-dont-Woman-kills-daughter-12-boyfriend-says-Its-child-me.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Empty Re: Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau

Post  Krisy22 Tue 3 Feb - 8:59

What in the world is going on in the heads of these wicked people. This type of news is getting worse by the day.
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :
Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Empty Re: Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 9:24

Unbelievable. How could this woman do this to her own child.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  pm Tue 3 Feb - 9:54

What is happening with people, what is happpening with this "called" mothers???????????????????

the need of a man is bigger then the smile and incondicional love of a daughter!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, never Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 371436 Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  lubelle Tue 3 Feb - 10:00

Sickening...why didn't she ask a family member to look after her daughter..if she no longer wanted her.To kill your own child is the worst think in the world.RIP Karissa.
lubelle
lubelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1405
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 10:54

lubelle wrote:Sickening...why didn't she ask a family member to look after her daughter..if she no longer wanted her.To kill your own child is the worst think in the world.RIP Karissa.

Totally agree lubelle. Surely a member of the family would have looked after this poor girl.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 11:59

This story actually gave me goosebumps....

I cannot beleive that a woman could kill her daughter in cold cold blood.

May the "mother" rot in HELL.
May Karissa rest in Peace in a better place with the angels x
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 17:29

She said sorry... for been caught not for her daughter. Any normal mother would of ended the relationship.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 3 Feb - 21:55

OMG!!! I just bear to think what went through that poor little girls mind as her mother but about to kill her Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 22:00

Ambersuz wrote:OMG!!! I just bear to think what went through that poor little girls mind as her mother but about to kill her Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741

That's what made me go cold Amber - I actually pictured it..... Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 3 Feb - 22:03

eddie wrote:
Ambersuz wrote:OMG!!! I just bear to think what went through that poor little girls mind as her mother but about to kill her Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741

That's what made me go cold Amber - I actually pictured it..... Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 389741

And ppl say mothers cant do this sort of thing...well this is the proof it happens and they cant blame it on an accident either!

What sick ppl we have in this world! I just cant understand it!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 22:08

Ambersuz wrote:
eddie wrote:

And ppl say mothers cant do this sort of thing...well this is the proof it happens and they cant blame it on an accident either!

What sick ppl we have in this world! I just cant understand it!

I could quite happily hang people like this.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Krisy22 Wed 4 Feb - 8:34

I agree with you Eddie. I am sick of hearing about wether people like this are doing jobs in prison etc.
The next thing you hear is our money being spent on new indentities for them costing X amount of pounds.
I and I am sure many, many others feel the same.

This softly... softly approach is just leading nowhere. In fact it getting worse. IMO
Krisy22
Krisy22
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 3382
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 9:48

Krisy22 wrote:I agree with you Eddie. I am sick of hearing about wether people like this are doing jobs in prison etc.
The next thing you hear is our money being spent on new indentities for them costing X amount of pounds.
I and I am sure many, many others feel the same.

This softly... softly approach is just leading nowhere. In fact it getting worse. IMO

I say bring back the death penalty and the sooner the better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 10:55

I agree and I used to be a social worker !!! When I was working I really did try everything to help my clients. When one heard their own stories it was understandable why many of them behaved as they did and they had a right to be given support and understanding in order to achieve something useful in their own life. Many do manage to overcome their own horrendous experiences and some even turn their disadvantages into a motivation to help others. However, there are some human beings who do not deserve that title. No matter what horrors befell them, and some of them don't even have the excuse of a bad experience, they are too damaged or just plain bad to be anything other than a danger to society, but nobody in authority wants to face the fact that, once all the understanding, treatments and opportunities have failed, this is where we are at and what do we do next?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 3 Mar - 19:06

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau 450_atv_mom_080201

Penny Boudreau, the mother of the missing 12-year-old N.S. girl, makes an emotional plea for the return of her daughter on Friday, Feb. 1, 2008.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080614/boudreau_arrest_080614/20080614?hub=TopStories
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Karissa Boudreau - killed by her mother Penny Boudreau Empty Watch the video clip and her convincing appeal!!

Post  Susan Tue 3 Mar - 19:09

Penny Boudreau pleads for her 12-year-old daughter's safe return in this video clip. Just sadly, her plea didn't help. Karissa Boudreau was found dead within days of this plea along a nearby riverbank, and her death was determined to be a homicide. Police aren't releasing any details at this time pending the investigation.

When I first watched the video, Penny's behavior didn't sit well with me. Penny also said something that was a big red flag for me. She said, "Nothing can be done to make things better, but it's comforting to have support."

Read more Clearly, this is a very odd statement. Why can't things be done to make things better? Why wouldn't finding her daughter make things better?

Parents of missing children hang on to every shred of hope, because facing the loss of a child is too painful to face until they absolutely are forced to do so. Penny's statement is in complete contradiction to this. She basically says without saying it, she has no hope, which doesn't make sense...unless, of course, she knows more than she is telling us.

Most parents, while heartbroken and devastated at this point, would force themselves to forge forward with courage, because there is no other alternative. They wouldn't dream of giving up. But it appears Penny has here. It's very unusual behavior.

Penny also shows she is distancing herself away from Karissa, which is a concern. I suspect these clues come from deep within her subconscious. I'll bet she wasn't even aware she said these things. She says in her plea to Karissa, "Your Aunt April is here. Your mom is here". She doesn't say "It's me, mom." She doesn't refer to herself as I. She doesn't say "I" miss you, "I" love you. Instead, she she says "we". These word choices are unusual.

Penny also acts like Karissa won't be able to see the TV, but will only be able to hear it, which is another oddity. If you don't know where your daughter is, how can you make this assumption?

Why would you make such assumption?

And later, she says another statement that shows distance when she says, "It is hard not to know where your kids is." To refer to her daughter as "your kid" is strange and removed. Most people would say "It is so hard not knowing where my daughter is."

Furthermore, I find it odd how Penny talks to Karissa as if she merely ran away. She says "Please just reach out to someone, at least call us and just let us know you're okay." Penny seems to be acting like Karissa is an adult here who left on her own free will. What if Karissa can't reach out because she has be abducted? Most parents would fear that their child could have been abducted in a circumstance like this, but Penny doesn't seem to even think about that, which I find unusual. It's another red flag.

I am not one to use lack of eye contact as a clue to deception, but here it is so outstanding, and usual, it is a red flag. Penny pleads to her daughter to make contact, yet she doesn't look at the camera. She looks down or away. Then later, after she finishes talking to Karissa, she looks back up normally as she talks. It is this distinction in her behavior that is a big red flag. It's the change of behavior that is notable. When you compare the behaviors side-by-side, it's astounding. She makes no eye contact, then suddenly she starts to again. She also stops crying after talking to Karissa. The timing is a bit odd.

Yes, Penny is reading something previously written when she talks to Karissa, but she should still want to "connect" with her daughter in some visual form, but she doesn't even attempt it. I would think she would want to speak from her heart to tell her daughter she is sorry and no matter what the differences of opinion are, it can all be worked out. But Penny doesn't get personal in any way, which alarms me.

When people talk to others on camera, who are not present in the studio, especially when they are missing and they are pleading for their safe return, they usually make direct eye contact with the camera. But Penny isn't here. Why?

Penny also doesn't seem to shed a tear, which I find odd. She does seem distraught to me, and in distress, but how come there are no tears? I have seen people cry themselves dry. Was Penny crying all day before this? Her eyes don't hit me as extra puffy, but only people who know her could judge that. I'd be curious to know.

I do see fear in Penny's eyes. Is that fear that her daughter may never return, or is there another reason for the fear? Penny's hand on her face is an indication she is trying to calm herself down, to self-soothe herself.

I find Penny's behavior odd here, to say the least. I suspect she knows more than she is telling us...as painful as that is to write. I hope I am wrong.

http://eyesforlies.blogspot.com/2008/02/penny-boudreau.html
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Mar - 14:33

What a bitch. Sorry but there is no other word for her. Just to make that appeal knowing what she did to her daughter proves to me that ppl can put on an act just like karen Matthews did and do it convincingly.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down