Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case

+3
lynn
pm
Angelina
7 posters

Go down

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Empty JonBenet Ramsey - cold case

Post  Angelina Tue 3 Feb - 13:05

I wasn't quite sure where to post this article so I'm putting it here!

http://news.aol.com/article/boulder-police-take-back-jonbenet-ramsey/325916

BOULDER, Colo. (Feb. 2) - The slaying of JonBenet Ramsey will be investigated as a cold case with all evidence and actions taken 12 years ago reviewed anew, the police chief said Monday as the department resumed a probe for which it had long been criticized.
Chief Mark Beckner said new technology gives investigators tools they didn't have a decade ago; the 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant was found bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home in 1996.

Police had transferred the probe to the district attorney's office six years ago amid criticism of how the case was handled.
"We'd love to solve this case for JonBenet so she can rest in peace," Beckner said at a news conference announcing the shift.
Police will handle the investigation as a cold case, "reviewing everything that's been done, the evidence that's been collected, trying to determine where do we go from here," he said.
As a cold case, the investigation won't have a full team of detectives working around-the-clock, the chief said.
"It's going to be an as-we-can type of thing, or as needed," he said.
L. Lin Wood, an attorney for JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, called the announcement a "positive sign in terms of my hope that the Boulder Police Department will take not only a new review in terms of a cold case review, but that it will go in this time with an objective review."
Angelina
Angelina
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2933
Warning :
JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Empty Re: JonBenet Ramsey - cold case

Post  pm Tue 3 Feb - 13:23

Angelina wrote:I wasn't quite sure where to post this article so I'm putting it here!

BOULDER, Colo. (Feb. 2) - The slaying of JonBenet Ramsey will be investigated as a cold case with all evidence and actions taken 12 years ago reviewed anew, the police chief said Monday as the department resumed a probe for which it had long been criticized.
Chief Mark Beckner said new technology gives investigators tools they didn't have a decade ago; the 6-year-old beauty pageant contestant was found bludgeoned and strangled in the basement of her Boulder home in 1996.

Police had transferred the probe to the district attorney's office six years ago amid criticism of how the case was handled.
"We'd love to solve this case for JonBenet so she can rest in peace," Beckner said at a news conference announcing the shift.
Police will handle the investigation as a cold case, "reviewing everything that's been done, the evidence that's been collected, trying to determine where do we go from here," he said.
As a cold case, the investigation won't have a full team of detectives working around-the-clock, the chief said.
L. Lin Wood, an attorney for JonBenet's father, John Ramsey, called the announcement a "positive sign in terms of my hope that the Boulder Police Department will take not only a new review in terms of a cold case review, but that it will go in this time with an objective review."

i hope they find now something!
pm
pm
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4300
Location : Cave of the MOUNTAIN OF THE 3RD WORLD - PORTUGAL - St Gerald i am sending your goats to you again
Warning :
JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 3 Feb - 16:02

It just goes to show doesn't it? That those who think they have got away with killing someone can still be caught in the end....
I hope that this case is solved as it would be nice to get justice for this little girl after all this time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Tue 3 Feb - 20:26

Angelina wrote:I wasn't quite sure where to post this article so I'm putting it here!

I think its great they havent left this one to one side as so many others have been....I really hope they find something.....but I must say I was always suspicious of her parents in this case....

Justice for JonBenet!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 11477
Location : Spain. The place where children are welcome in tapas bars
Warning :

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 4 Feb - 13:46

Ambersuz wrote:

I think its great they havent left this one to one side as so many others have been....I really hope they find something.....but I must say I was always suspicious of her parents in this case....

Justice for JonBenet!!

I thought they knew more too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Feb - 21:00

Has anyone seen this yet? (Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong thread)

Abducted children found alive 20 years on
4 hours 7 mins ago

Print Story
A US couple are hoping to be reunited with their son and daughter who were kidnapped 20 years ago. Skip related content
Related photos / videos Abducted children found alive 20 years on According to police, Christi and Bobby Baskin were snatched by their grandparents, Marvin and Sandra Maple, in 1989 when the girl was eight and her brother seven.

The siblings have been living in San Jose, California, under the names Jennifer and Jonathan Bunting. She is now an ad executive in the city while her brother is believed to be married with children.

Their parents, Debbie and Mark Baskin, are now flying to the city in the hope of being reunited with them for the first time in two decades.

Mr Baskin said: "I'm a little bit fearful of what they think about us, because they have been brainwashed for 20 years." His tearful wife added: "It's a blessing to know that they were alive and well."

Police closed in on Marvin Maple, 73, on Monday after a conversation about the abduction was overheard in a San Jose restaurant. His wife, the victims' grandmother, died in March 2006.

Tennessee police Lieutenant Bill Sharp said: "He was angry about a news report about the kidnapping and how it portrayed him."

Mrs Baskin added: "I can't imagine ever hurting my children, so what they've done to me has just been... I've never been able to understand it."

Speaking about her father, she said: "I'm concerned about him. I know he's not a nice person, but he's still my father, and my heart is breaking. I think he is demented for what he did."

Carl Avery, a friend of Maple, said he was shocked at the news.

"The whole story is totally unlike the person I know. He's very nice, went to dinner, breakfast with him very often," he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 5 Feb - 21:11

Bloody Hell...I hate to think what those parents went through all that time !!!

At least they are back but I hope the grandparents get a huge sentence for this!!
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Feb - 21:35

Ambersuz wrote:Bloody Hell...I hate to think what those parents went through all that time !!!

At least they are back but I hope the grandparents get a huge sentence for this!!

The grandmother died in 2006 and it seems they accused the parents of abuse - though this was never proven.
It was during the investigations of 'abuse' that the grandparents took off with the kids.
It seems like they have quite a few siblings. One older - and two (I think) younger.

Hope this has a happy ending for all concerned.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Feb - 21:47

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Icon_scratch Are they related to JonBenet?? Or am I being thick?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Feb - 21:50

eddie wrote:JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Icon_scratch Are they related to JonBenet?? Or am I being thick?

No.

It's my fault - wasn't sure where to post it. :Silly me:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 5 Feb - 22:12

Jokinarnya wrote:
eddie wrote:JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Icon_scratch Are they related to JonBenet?? Or am I being thick?

No.

It's my fault - wasn't sure where to post it. :Silly me:

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case 23324 Let you off - it's been a loooong week!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Empty beauty pagent death

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 1:03

hi,hope some can help me on this one.few years back i think she was 6 at the time,a young pagent girl was supposedly kidnapped from her own bed ,with the parents saying someone got in and took her,but the last i heard was a member of her family(her father i think) was being questioned.the reason i ask is because of resmbalance to the maddie case. but i cant remember the young girls name.the parents were all over the news just like the mccs.please some provide me with her name, thank you.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  lynn Thu 20 Aug - 4:18

The child's name was JonBenet' Ramsey. Found deceased 25 December, 1996 in Boulder, Colorado, USA. Details are on Wikipedia. Interesting reading.
lynn
lynn
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 928
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 9:08

Interesting to note that Bloggers have been blogging about this case for many years...those that feel the parents are involved..or were as Patsy has since died..The case has just been reopened and every piece of evidence will be rechecked.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 9:26

Hi Ironside - thanks for that link. Interesting. This comment reminds me so much about the McCanns on TV >>>>>>

Do I think John Ramsey killed his daughter? I don't know. I just know I personally don't trust what John Ramsey says. Something isn't right. In every interview I have seen of John Ramsey over the years, I have seen red flags.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Thu 20 Aug - 9:33

amethyst wrote:Hi Ironside - thanks for that link. Interesting. This comment reminds me so much about the McCanns on TV >>>>>>

Do I think John Ramsey killed his daughter? I don't know. I just know I personally don't trust what John Ramsey says. Something isn't right. In every interview I have seen of John Ramsey over the years, I have seen red flags.

I do have problems with her 'attitude'. She claims she didn't have any indication that the McCanns lied in their interviews, where everybody could see Gerry rubbing his ear, Kate looking at the floor or in a distance. So why doesn't she know if she can trust John Ramsey. Didn't he give any interviews,and couldn't she see if he was lying? She says 'something isn't right', so she wants us to believe that everything is OK with the McCanns.....
Odd..... :Counting:
Christine
Christine
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Female
Number of posts : 972
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 9:38

Hi. Regarding body language, a fair few programmes have been on TV showing convicted criminals. The signs of lying that have been picked out have been present in many of the McCanns interviews, but for some reason, at least those professionals that have given their opinion in public (many haven't) those signs don't apply in this case, or they are being overlooked?
Odd indeed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 10:40

Hi Christine, agree with you 100%..and yet she or he thought Murat looked guilty....It seems everyone has been brainwashed when it comes to the Mccanns....Amazes me that after the witness statement of Mrs.Fenn no one has dared asked the mccanns about the "checks " on that night...
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Justiceforallkids Thu 20 Aug - 13:48

hey ironside nice to see you!!
Justiceforallkids
Justiceforallkids
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 5102
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 17:35

thanks lynn,thanks ironside.it will be interesting to see how that case develops,then maybe the same will happen for maddie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 20:27

There is a thread for this young girl already in the CHildren found dead or alive section. If you want to discuss this matter any further please go to that thread

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/children-found-alive-or-killed-f39/jonbenet-ramseyfound-dead-t2541.htm
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Susan Thu 20 Aug - 21:35

Antoinette wrote:There is a thread for this young girl already in the CHildren found dead or alive section. If you want to discuss this matter any further please go to that thread

https://missingmadeleine.forumotion.net/children-found-alive-or-killed-f39/jonbenet-ramseyfound-dead-t2541.htm

I've merged the thread JonBenet Ramsey - cold case Icon_flower
Susan
Susan
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 20 Aug - 23:50

thanks for that antoinette ,the only reason i asked about her in first place was i coulu not remember her name, and that the two biggest mysteries involving two young girls over the last fifteen years was the reaction of both sets of parents just after the incidents had happened,and the amount of time they appeared on chat shows,and not looking overly upset and both looking uncomfortable with the question being asked.a strange coincidence.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  matthew Sun 27 Jan - 22:10

matthew
matthew
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 967
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down