Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas

+2
margaret
tanszi
6 posters

Go down

appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Empty appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas

Post  Panda Sat 14 Dec - 7:44

Xmas Appeal The Blacksmith Bureau

Posted by John Blacksmith
Friday, 13 December 2013 at 17:31

Oh dear – that pesky donate button on the Find Madeleine site still isn't working. Strange, isn't it? Especially just before Xmas, when as our social affairs editor Antonia so memorably said anyone can get rich, even bloody pit-bull charities. She suggests overcoming the frozen bank account problem by packing the High Streets with Polish chuggers in Father Xmas beards (to disguise their native melancholy, she says) rattling plastic buckets from Poundland.
Lady Antonia
Lady Antonia

Family motto: do you take cash?

Has anyone asked Kate via Facebook if she knows exactly what's happened? Back in the spring when there were some unhelpful rumours going round, Kate told us everything we needed to know via that site. People were suggesting then that it was too dangerous for her to answer the question about the rumours, though we never understood why. But that couldn't be the case now, surely?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Empty Re: appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas

Post  tanszi Sat 14 Dec - 12:45

lol. well there is no need for a donate button at the moment surely. as I understand it the Fund was to search for Madeleine, and as SY and the PJ are searching for and what happened to Madeleine there is no need for a donate button. Or is the fund under scrutiny by any one.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :
appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  Empty Re: appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas

Post  Panda Sat 14 Dec - 13:50

tanszi wrote:lol.  well there is no need for a donate button at the moment surely.  as I understand it the Fund was to search for Madeleine, and as SY and the PJ are searching for and what happened to Madeleine there is no need for a donate button.  Or is the fund under scrutiny by any one.

Hi tanzi, I remember Gerry's Mother being interviewed and she said Kate had a temper and either Philomena or one of the relatives heard her shouting at Gerry "It's me they are after, not you." So much depends on the verdict of the Trial, if Amaral wins the Fund will close down and the McCanns not be seen or heard from again. If the McCanns win they will close the Fund and start producing CD's on how to search for your children, hold seminars on that topic and possibly buy Properties as per the Special Resolution they signed last year.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 14 Dec - 17:25

Frozen bank account could explain non working button. hm.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3378
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sat 14 Dec - 17:47

His latest on the Oscar performances at the Lisbon trial, by the media people is rather good. That they all were taking McCanns' words for it, not reading the files, etc. I didn't know they had Emma Loach or anyone like that at the Lisbon trial.

"This lethal combination of inflated self-belief and fallible judgement was, by no accident at all, much in evidence in Lisbon."

It's exactly the same cocktail the McCanns drank since the beginning. We KNOW BEST how to do everything, take care of our children, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding, how to run a search focusing on Bundleman, evidence to the contrary notwithstanding - firm belief in your own superiority coupled with not know what the f**k you are talking about and not being able to admit that later. Ignorance and arrogance make bad bed fellows but apparently it "works" with the UK media at least some of them.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Sat 14 Dec - 19:01

Does anyone know when the next lot of accounts are due for the "Fund!?
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 6529
Warning :

Registration date : 2012-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 14 Dec - 21:44

[quote="cherry1"]Does anyone know when the next lot of accounts are due for the "Fund!?[/quot
Hi cherry 1, the accounts to 31st March 2013 have to be filed within 9 months , check out Companies house Company Number 6248215 if you would , my
Computer has crashed so has very limited capability .

It would be interesting to know how much of the Fund is left .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 14 Dec - 21:49

Panda wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Does anyone know when the next lot of accounts are due for the "Fund!?[/quot
Hi cherry 1, the accounts to 31st March 2013 have to be filed within 9 months , check out Companies house Company Number 6248215 if you would , my

It reminds me of that scene in "Only Fools And Horses" where Trigger gets an award from the Council, for using the same broom for 20 years.

"And to think, it's only had 17 new heads and 14 new handles".  appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  294124

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Sat 14 Dec - 22:43

Panda wrote:
cherry1 wrote:Does anyone know when the next lot of accounts are due for the "Fund!?[/quot

Hi panda  appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  306321 it's going to be very interesting after Christmas, companies house never updates the accounts filing for a week or so, if widowan is right and their fund is frozen they couldn't file their accounts could they?

Even so, without a store or donate button working l say they are in deep shit! I don't believe this updating rubbish and l wouldn't believe they are having new stock made for a relaunch (another thought the store could be down) they don't have the support left to make sales.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 15 Dec - 2:51

[quote="margaret"]
Panda wrote:

Hi panda  appeal.....the Blacksmith BureauXmas  306321  it's going to be very interesting after Christmas, companies house never updates the accounts filing for a week or so, if widowan is right and their fund is frozen they couldn't file their accounts could they?

Even so, without a store or donate button working l say they are in deep shit!  I don't believe this updating rubbish and l wouldn't believe they are having new stock made for a relaunch (another thought the store could be down) they don't have the support left to make sales.[/quote

Hi Margaret ,
I have been looking through all the info I have and have copies of all the accounts....except the 2012 , which were in my Computer but not printed and my Computer has crashed.!!!!! I know the 2012 Accounts are in mcannfiles and seem to remember the balance in the fund being £230, 000 roughly.
Since then , the Fund has paid for the Witnesses to attend the trial in Portugal , the McCanns to also fly to Portugal , pay Lift Consulting, Isobel Duarte
Carter Ruck for acting in the Tony Bennett Trial , Detectiives.....the list goes on.!!!

Among all the bits of info I have retained from 3a.'s I was just reading a comment from a Member who says it was Philomena who 3 days after Madeleine went missing , infohost received a call from Philomena asking if they would set up a website to help find her neice. The website was set up that day as www.bringmadeleinehome.com!!!!! Can you , or any kind Member get a copy of the Balance sheet for the 2012 accounts from mccannfiles.. I will start a thread about 3a's , I'm sure there are some interesting posts. LOL
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Dec - 12:29

Just to confirm that the bank account is not frozen. Enid O'Dowd (who did the report into the Fund) has posted elsewhere that money can still be paid by direct bank transfer.

I feel confident in saying that cash sent through the mail to Rothley Towers will be gratefully accepted too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 15 Dec - 16:33

Not Born Yesterday wrote:Just to confirm that the bank account is not frozen. Enid O'Dowd (who did the report into the Fund) has posted elsewhere that money can still be paid by direct bank transfer.

I feel confident in saying that cash sent through the mail to Rothley Towers will be gratefully accepted too.

Oh, direct bank transfer is it now? My God.
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 15 Dec - 16:35

This has always been one of the ways to pay - either at a bank counter or over the Internet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  widowan Sun 15 Dec - 16:57

Not Born Yesterday wrote:This has always been one of the ways to pay - either at a bank counter or over the Internet.

Or like cults, you could sign over your belongings to them I suppose, or put them as your life insurance beneficiaries... so many ways to "help."
widowan
widowan
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 16 Dec - 2:18

Its not allowing me to copy and paste the balance sheet for the accounts ending 31 March 2012 from McCann files but looks like funds carried forward at end of the year were £474,867

http://mccannfiles.com/id425.html

From Companies House

Date of Incorporation: 15/05/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: PRI/LTD BY GUAR/NSC (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital)
Nature of Business (SIC):
88990 - Other social work activities without accommodation not elsewhere classified

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2012 (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2013
Last Return Made Up To: 15/05/2013
Next Return Due: 12/06/2014
cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  cherry1 Mon 16 Dec - 2:31

Not sure where to put this but this was interesting tweet by Tom Watson

tom_watson ‏@tom_watson 13h
Interesting and nuanced interview with PR stalwart Tim Bell.He's the one the bad people ring when they're in trouble: http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/dec/09/bell-pottinger-tim-bell-pr-interview

cherry1
cherry1
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Dec - 2:55

Head of Litigation department. Stuart Leach.....ha ha.

Says it all really..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Dec - 12:19

cherry1 wrote:Its not allowing me to copy and paste the balance sheet for the accounts ending 31 March 2012 from McCann files but looks like funds carried forward at end of the year were £474,867

http://mccannfiles.com/id425.html

From Companies House

Date of Incorporation: 15/05/2007

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: PRI/LTD BY GUAR/NSC (Private, limited by guarantee, no share capital)
Nature of Business (SIC):

88990 - Other social work activities without accommodation not elsewhere classified

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03
Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2012  (FULL)
Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2013
Last Return Made Up To: 15/05/2013
Next Return Due: 12/06/2014  

Thanks cherry 1 ......I think the Fund might be in difficulty.!!!  According to Capital and Reserves this was the balance @ 31/3/2012
                                £
Unrestricted Funds   158,953
Restricted Funds     315,914
 I don't know what unrestricted funds mean, but Enid O'Dowd did, but presumably they can't be used.

During the year there was a £550,000 donation to do with Kate's book .

£159,000 is chicken feed to pay all their expenses , Lawyers being the most expensive ...........I think this is very interesting , particularly since all the Directors signed an indemnity clause which states that if the Company goes broke the Directors will only be liable for £1.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum