Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman

2 posters

Go down

Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Empty Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman

Post  malena stool Mon 20 Jan - 23:22

Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman
The Huffington Post UK | By Asa Bennett
Posted: 20/01/2014 12:36 GMT

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/01/20/royal-mail-moya-greene_n_4630766.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk3%26pLid%3D237878

Royal Mail chief executive Moya Greene, who is on a £1.5m pay packet, must be paid more in order to keep her in the job, according to the business' chairman Donald Brydon.

Brydon warned that that Greene, head of the now-privatised Royal Mail, was the "lowest paid chief executive in the FTSE 100" and that an increase to her £498,000 pay was "a necessary part of making sure we keep her".

The Canadian Royal Mail boss' £1.5m pay package is taken up by a £498,000 base salary and includes a bonus and pension payments and extra benefits.

He told the Telegraph: “I think it’s only fair to pay Moya the right market rate for her job. I’m not in the school that says top executive pay is without fault, there are parts of it that are egregious and wrong. But happily we are so far away from that end of it that to try and right-size her a bit I think is a necessary part of making sure we keep her.”

A pay increase is likely to face resistance from business secretary Vince Cable, who controls the government's remaining 30% minority stake in Royal Mail. Greene is credited with turning Royal Mail into a highly profitable business that now ranks in the elite FTSE 100 league on the stock market.

Quick Poll
Should Moya Greene get paid more?
Yes 13.43%
No 86.57%
Share your vote on Facebook so your friends can take this poll
In an email to a member of the public, Royal Mail chief executive Moya Greene admitted to being "deeply offended" by criticism of her £1.5 million pay packet and blamed it on the "hopelessly broken" system for setting executive pay for government-backed firms.

Greene received almost £1.5m in pay and benefits for the financial year 2012-13, comprising a £498,000 salary, £399,000 in extras under a short-term incentive plan, £200,000 in lieu of a pension and £127,000 in benefits like medical insurance and return flights to Canada.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Empty Re: Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman

Post  malena stool Mon 20 Jan - 23:25

Rip off Britain...Here we go again.... Robbing, cheating and fraud a speciality.....
Small wonder we aren't allowed to possess firearms here in the UK.. we'd be amply provided with targets.
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman Empty Re: Royal Mail Chief Moya Greene Should Get A Pay Rise, Says Chairman

Post  kitti Wed 22 Jan - 7:55

Sometimes I don't get any mail for a whole week when I know I should get some.

I was paid neally two weeks ago and I still haven't had my pay slip, something from DWP was sent out early last week, there going to send it again and a claim form was also sent out last week.

What going on with royal mail, I don't get the same post person two weeks running whereas last year my postman knew my name and I never other people's mislaid post which I did a few weeks ago, I had to post someone's letter in their door and a man who knows me gave me MY letter he got that morning which he lives right down the other end off road.

The last time i got post was last Monday or Tuesday and it came at 5pm....one letter with a load off spam and on Saturday we get yet another post person who can't even converse with you.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for these postal workers, round my way they do TWO lots off posts....one where they push a BIG trolley with loads off post (bikes have been made obsolete round here), when they finished posting that lot, they then go to the van and pick up their bags off post and do that load...poor sods.

By the way the postman that walks past me everyday looks like Mr Pastry.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum