Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over.

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Empty Conservative MP's ordeal

Post  katertaif Sun 30 Mar - 11:26

Hi Panda

This latest revelation of an MP resigning as a ministerial aide over sexual allegations is another example of the depths to which our political masters, once members of the Mother of all Parliaments has sunk.

he hasn't resigned as an MP. only in his "second hat" position. He still allegedly represents his constituents, although it is highly debatable if any of them do that. he still collects his expenses, and all the other perks that go with the title of Member of Parliament. personally I would be ashamed to be a member of a body that has in the past seen such as Churchill Lady and Billy Pitt.

If you or I in our working lives were caught with our fingers in the till, or engaged in some unacceptable activity there would be only one answer. We all know what that is. Oh if we were very very good at what we do, we may scrape by with a severe warning, a loss of face and prestige, and almost certainly only until the company could replace us. More than likely though it would lead to cards and coppers.

these people don't even have that much honour or integrity. They keep their jobs. now he has the time to secure a few lucrative directorship deals against the next election, when he will have to face the electorate. Mind in this crazy era where none of them can be trusted regardless of rosette colour, he may very well be returned. The public are so heartily sick of the whole boiling of them. yet they continue to grant interviews and sit there pontificating, apparently completely oblivious that they themselves are the root cause of people who just cannot be bothered any more.

I don't agree with anyone who doesn't bother to vote, but I well understand why they don't when you see the calibre and morals of those we are voting for.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over.

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 16:53

Hi katertaif,

Iv'e just come in switched on sky news .......MP's have lost many mobile phones, and tablets supplied by the Government , so much so that the Treasury is concerned at the cost.I'll check out Sky and see if there is a report. Why aren't the public out on the streets, protesting at all this ?? If we had our own Union this would be happening .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Empty Conservative MP's

Post  katertaif Sun 30 Mar - 19:08

Hi Panda

Just another way of ripping off the cash cow. - US - In the first instance if they need mobile telephones and tablets to do their vital work then they should supply them themselves. They get paid enough. if you or I needed anything to do our job, we would have to provide it and of course if it is truly essential it is tax deductible, and I'm absolutely certain they know about that.

This brings us on to people not appreciating what is not theirs. if they did have to pay for them, they would take far greater care of them. It sounds as if this is a self perpetuating scam, in that if they lose one by whatever means they just go and get another and charge the public purse. If it isn't theirs why should they look after it?

After all it isn't as if they are greatly overburdened with honour integrity, or moral fibre.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over. - Page 2 Empty Re: A Conservative MP Said that his 16-month "ordeal" involving the parliamentary expenses watchdog was over.

Post  Panda Sun 30 Mar - 19:30

katertaif wrote:Hi Panda

Just another way of ripping off the cash cow. - US -  In the first instance if they need mobile telephones and tablets to do their vital work then they should supply them themselves. They get paid enough. if you or I needed anything to do our job, we would have to provide it and of course if it is truly essential it is tax deductible, and I'm absolutely certain they know about that.

This brings us on to people not appreciating what is not theirs. if they did have to pay for them, they would take far greater care of them. It sounds as if this is a self perpetuating scam, in that if they lose one by whatever means they just go and get another and charge the public purse. If it isn't theirs why should they look after it?

After all it isn't as if they are greatly overburdened with honour integrity, or moral fibre.

I will admit that my MP (Labour) is very good, he has helped me quite a lot and has a Saturday Morning Surgery where you can drop in and discuss a problem you have, or he will visit if you are housebound. What got me was the last pay rise awarded to MP's. despite all the perks they have, including their own Bar, the Country struggling, millions out of work, they still accepted the rise. Whats' that saying "A Country only gets the Government it deserves" Do we march in protest at what is going on , do we take action and start Petitions.? No, we just moan and carry on.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2