Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistorius texts

+3
interested
jassi
Roasted Arizona
7 posters

Go down

Pistorius texts Empty Pistorius texts

Post  Roasted Arizona Tue 25 Mar - 16:10

So, the South African authorities have been able to find details of the actual texts sent between Oscar and Reeva.....I'm sure this means that the actual texts sent between the McCann party on the night of 3rd could be obtained. I'm sure I read that the PJ actually had the texts but they weren't admissible?
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :
Pistorius texts Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Pistorius texts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Pistorius texts Empty Re: Pistorius texts

Post  jassi Tue 25 Mar - 16:32

Had these been deleted though, or were they still held in the phone? I seem to recall the SA authorities were trying to get some phone password from the USA a few weeks ago.

In the case of the McCanns they had deliberately deleted messages.
jassi
jassi
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 911
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Tue 25 Mar - 19:56

Some of you have probably heard of our (Toronto) Mayor Rob Ford who continues to be a world-wide joke. Just yesterday Toronto police announced they travelled to Apple headquarters in California with a phone belonging to his "chauffeur" in order to retrieve messages between the Mayor and his "chauffeur" in connection with an on-going investigation into a crack video scandal (among many other scandals and possible crimes). Apple technicians in California were able to able to retrieve 10 gigabytes (whatever they are) of data including text messages, photos and video to assist them with their on-going investigation.

I don't know what make of phones that were used by the McCanns and friends, but it would appear that if they were using "Apple", headquaters in California might be able to offer assistance.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Tue 25 Mar - 20:12

The pj got into the mccanns emails too because they said the emails proved that Madeleine was dead .
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  margaret Tue 25 Mar - 20:40

jassi wrote:Had these been deleted though, or were they still held in the phone? I seem to recall the SA authorities were trying to get some phone password from the USA a few weeks ago.

Doesn't matter. The SIM card provider - the network you're with - will have copies of text messages.
margaret
margaret
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 4406
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post  weissnicht Wed 26 Mar - 6:13

margaret wrote:
jassi wrote:Had these been deleted though, or were they still held in the phone? I seem to recall the SA authorities were trying to get some phone password from the USA a few weeks ago.

Doesn't matter. The SIM card provider - the network you're with - will have copies of text messages.
Yes.
weissnicht
weissnicht
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Number of posts : 851
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Wed 26 Mar - 9:04

interested wrote:Some of you have probably heard of our (Toronto) Mayor Rob Ford who  continues to be a world-wide joke.  Just yesterday Toronto police announced they travelled to Apple headquarters in California with a phone belonging to his "chauffeur" in order to retrieve messages between the Mayor and his "chauffeur" in connection with an on-going investigation into a crack video scandal (among many other scandals and possible crimes).  Apple technicians in California were able to able to retrieve 10 gigabytes (whatever they are) of data including text messages, photos and video to assist them with their on-going investigation.

I don't know what make of phones that were used by the McCanns and friends, but it would appear that if they were using "Apple", headquaters in California might be able to offer assistance.

The first iPhones didn't appear until later in 2007. I seem to recall a claim the phones they had were "old" and didn't hold much in the way of logs even without the deletions.
Chris
Chris
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1632
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content