Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay

3 posters

Go down

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Empty Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay

Post  Panda Wed 26 Mar - 7:08

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Empty Re: Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay

Post  Panda Wed 26 Mar - 7:22

"Thousands of good people are leaving the profession, we are building up to a teacher shortage and our children deserve energetic and enthusiastic teachers not demoralised and exhausted ones."

If the Teachers were so good, how come so many children leave school lacking basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.

According to sky news several Teachers are leaving the militant NUT and enroling with NAT? because NUT have become too strike happy and only 40% of Teachers voted .

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :
Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Right_bar_bleue

Back to top Go down

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Empty Re: Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay

Post  Guest Wed 26 Mar - 7:27

Panda wrote:"Thousands of good people are leaving the profession, we are building up to a teacher shortage and our children deserve energetic and enthusiastic teachers not demoralised and exhausted ones."

If the Teachers were so good, how come so many children leave school lacking basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills.

According to sky news several Teachers are leaving the militant NUT and enroling with NAT? because NUT have become too strike happy and only 40% of Teachers voted .

Oh, here we go again, the Teacher Hate out in full force. Give it up, Panda, change the record. That one's broken.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Wed 26 Mar - 7:35

Iris wrote:
Panda wrote:"Thousands of good people are leaving the profession, we are building up to a teacher shortage and our children deserve energetic and enthusiastic teachers not demoralised and exhausted ones."

Oh, here we go again, the Teacher Hate out in full force.  Give it up, Panda, change the record.  That one's broken.

we are all entitled to an opinion Iris
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 26 Mar - 7:37

And it's pointless trying to debate with somebody whose complete ignorance and prejudice will just kill any sensible discussion whatsoever.

I am out of here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 26 Mar - 17:04

Iris wrote: I am out of here.

and i am staying out of here.

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay 25346
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 26 Mar - 17:12

I wouldn't want to be a teacher for all the tea in China!

The chocolate in Cadbury Bournville would be a better comparison for me though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  AnnaEsse Wed 26 Mar - 19:01

Panda, I worked as a supply teacher for a number of years, during which time I got sent to what must be some of the most awful schools in the country, where the senior staff didn't seem to care what happened as long as they had a qualified person in the classes.

I rarely got sent to schools that could be classified as "good," because those schools had few teachers going off sick or they had their own ways of covering. So, it was the "bad" schools that I got sent to most of the time. In some of those schools, I would have described a great number of the pupils as being almost feral. Teachers didn't stay at those schools for very long and at one school, there were regularly 13/14 supply teachers and the head of RE was a supply teacher. When the Tories talk about "performance related pay" those teachers working in schools that I would refer to as sh*tholes possibly wouldn't come off very well.

The same education system, basically, is available to all children. Why some leave school literate and numerate while others can hardly string a sentence together in decent English, I don't know. I was with a work colleague the other day who couldn't understand how I could work out easily that a pack of oats weighing 1kg was better value than one weighing 750gms but seemed to be much cheaper, yet that woman spent the required number of years in the same education system as people who went on to university.
AnnaEsse
AnnaEsse
Administrator
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 18693
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-23

http://frommybigdesk.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Wed 26 Mar - 19:12

Teachers deserve a much better deal than they have been getting.It is estimated that primary teachers have to work on average a 60 hour week taking into account all the marking and reports they now have to do.
I have seen it first hand from my daughter.
You are clearly reading the wrong comics panda if you think all the kids are leaving school unable to read.What a sad view on these things you have !
Thank God we still have some remnants of free collective bargaining.

Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Classes disrupted as Teachers strike for more pay Empty Britain lagging behind in education

Post  Panda Thu 27 Mar - 17:33

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down