Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Matthew Hopkins back?

2 posters

Go down

Is Matthew Hopkins back? Empty Is Matthew Hopkins back?

Post  katertaif Fri 11 Apr - 21:42

having worked there for a couple of years I am aware that many Nigerians, especially in the more rural areas still believe in witches especially child witches. I know there are charlatans who make money out of "smelling" them out, and killing or curing them, sometimes both.

I am aware that it goes on in modern Britain, at least to an extent. kept under wraps but still there. A consequence of letting all and sundry come here. Now our government seems to have sanctioned it officially.

The news tonight included one of the most successful of them, apparently with  150 churches across Nigeria, and has stated her intention of starting one in this country.

Geert Wilders was refused a visa to come and give lectures on the evils of Islam, Yet visas are handed out regularly to the Islamic peddlers of hate against us. Now they have given a visa to some sort of Nigerian Matthew Hopkins. Have they taken leave of their senses completely? This no longer forms part of our culture or heritage. I'd like to think it played no part in our tradition, but of course it did several hundreds of years ago. why do we want to revive it, because she will? There are enough Nigerians, who hanker after their own culture to help her form this witch finding church, and I'm sure there will be no shortage of congregation.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 1296
Warning :
Is Matthew Hopkins back? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is Matthew Hopkins back? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2014-02-24

Back to top Go down

Is Matthew Hopkins back? Empty Re: Is Matthew Hopkins back?

Post  Panda Sat 12 Apr - 8:44

We have semi-detached Houses converted into Mosques , empty buildings ditto so what's the harm in introducing a witch finding Church. ? I'm sure we have Voodoo cults as well.

I really don't understand how Britain has changed so much that the indigenous population is being made to feel like outlaws in their own Country. There were 2 World Wars in the last Century and it cost Britain dear in the loss of lfe of our young Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen , plus the years rebuilding and having to cope with rationing. What would happen now I wonder if Britain was invaded, would the Foreign residents and illegals join in it's defense .?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :
Is Matthew Hopkins back? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is Matthew Hopkins back? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Is Matthew Hopkins back? Empty Is Matthew Hopkins back

Post  katertaif Sat 12 Apr - 16:44

I can only agree with your sentiments Panda but our successive governments have gone too far now in this quest to be politically correct, as well as reducing us all to the lowest common denominator.

Yes I agree that witchcraft goes on. At least it has been clandestine up to now. That this woman can obtain a visa with the stated intent of founding a branch of her church here is the stuff of fantasy. It is taking us back to the dark ages. Doubtless she will get her church, and doubtless she will have a sizeable congregation and it is a retrograde step.

It's the sort of thing you would expect to see in Port Harcourt where such a church would be sandwiched in between half a dozen alleged Christian places of worship, each with colourful names, and all promising instant salvation. It is not the sort of thing we expect to see on Market day in Cheltenham.

Our culture has for the last 5 decades been more and more quickly being submerged, and supplanted by other cultures. cultures alien to ours, and not as advanced not only technologically but behind in psychology as well. What next? Cows walking by themselves down Bond Street untouchable because sacred to Hindus? Every culture is the equal of ours I don't deny that, but why bring it here, and why do our governments let them?

Some nationalities you yourself mentioned a few weeks ago Panda, are allowed to come because they fought on our side in the great war and the second world war. I do not believe that gives them any special rights to transplant their cultures here at all.

Next year there is a general election. it may be our last chance before the indigenous vote becomes unimportant. I can only hope the electorate remember what past governments have done, and vote accordingly.

PS if Britain were to be invaded now we couldn't fight off a gang of determine teddy bears
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sat 12 Apr - 20:34

Hi katertaif

Have you noticed the change in Politics???? Osborne rooting out Tax Avoiders , or pretending to, Cameron promising a Referendum.....if he wins etc, yet he is presiding over the most expensive witchhunt SY have ever made which has cost the Country billions , now Cyril Smith is in the Spotlight , yet more millions while we have Teachers asking Parents to help financially to help pay for school Computers and books!!!! Expect some Oddballs like the
Monster Loony Party or somesuch to stand at the next Election and win Seats and no Party in control.......I give up. Is Matthew Hopkins back? 25346 

Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Is Matthew Hopkins back? Empty Is matthew Hopkins back

Post  katertaif Sun 13 Apr - 12:05

Hi Panda

Osborne claiming to root out the super rich tax avoiders is nothing more than pre election posturing. The race for next years votes is on. I doubt if it will raise any money at all, perhaps a few paltry millions (it's all relative) that will probably cost more to collect. The supper rich have their money salted away in tax havens far beyond the British tax man, and Ossie knows it. he probably has a few bob of his own tucked away nicely.

The poor of the country, and those relying on food banks for their very existence have been squeezed for the last four years. Now he wants their votes. That is all we are to them anyway, vote fodder.

This is supposed to make us think the tories are not such bad guys after all, look they are going after the rich as well. Yeah right. So there is no money in it for the exchequer, but with luck there may be votes in it. after all what are the established alternatives? labour? the Lib Dems? hardly. The one wants to put us back into the mess they left last time, (I don't only mean money) while the other have proved why they were out in the wilderness for a century. UKIP may be too much of a leap in the dark for some, and the BNP wont get far, All things considered though, UKIP is the only possible saving of the country

katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Sun 13 Apr - 12:25

Hi katertaif,

UKIP havn't won any seats as far as I know and Farage is still an MEP , unlikely to give up his day job until he can fight a by-election. In fact there is not one UKIP Politician in Parliament. I suspect his Party will get the protest vote but unless they get a lot more funding from Rich People and Businesses, they will not be able to campaign well.

Osborne was caught a long time ago on a yacht belonging to a Russian I think . Both he and Cameron come from rich Families so have never know what it is like to try to live like the poor do.

The fact that 3,000 foreigners are on Benefits is a testament to the incompetence of the Home Office , yet again , nothing is done, no sacking of Minister, no sacking of SY Officers for wasting so much tax payers money , carry on regardless is the motto .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 9:17

Hi Panda

No you are right. UKIP have no MP's as yet but the lowest of the polls yesterday, if translated into seats next year, would give them plus minus 25 MP's. It is to be fervently hoped that it is not just a protest vote which will fade away like morning mist at the polls. Left to themselves the three main parties, will simply go on ruining the country, while feathering their own nests and giving the country away to all and sundry, until we are absolutely no more than a third world country which many think we are now anyway.

We may as well discuss UKIP since no one seems interested at all in the original thread.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 10:00

katertaif wrote:Hi Panda

No you are right. UKIP have no MP's as yet but the lowest of the polls yesterday, if translated into seats next year, would give them plus minus 25 MP's. It is to be fervently hoped that it is not just a protest vote which will fade away like morning mist at the polls. Left to themselves the three main parties, will simply go on ruining the country, while feathering their own nests and giving the country away to all and sundry, until we are absolutely no more than a third world country which many think we are now anyway.

We may as well discuss UKIP since no one seems interested at all in the original thread.

Hi katerfaif, I have to say, I don't like the UKIP Leader, Nigel Farage. he claimed expenses for his wife and girfriend , has that complacent look about him , canny enough to retain his job as MEP with all the perks , when he could have started campaigning in the Area Nigel has vacated. There is not one UKIP Member in Parliament so unless the Party receives big donations from Business it cannot fight in the General election. If Nigel was clever he would contest the seat currently vacant and win.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Is Matthew Hopkins back? Empty Matthew Hopkins

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 13:03

Hi Panda

I don't know about any girl friend, but putting his wife on the payroll as a staffer, is quite a normal thing for MP's to do. Some of them are of course married couples, and have a great deal of fun flipping second homes.

Nepotism is not a practice I greatly approve of but it isn't illegal, and when Clegg brought it up, thinking it was a cheap way of getting brownie points he had to accept that his wife did the job unpaid for some years.

No Farage is not my most favourite character either, but then I'm not exactly in love with Cameron, Clegg, Milliband, Bercow (look at his wife's capering) Nadine Dorries, Maria Miller, Jeffry Archer the list is almost endless.

All I want is a British parliament staffed by honest people. Their personal lives don't interest me except as they impact on their public lives. As I say what he is doing is not dishonest and someone has to do the job. As long as his wife is qualified enough, and capable enough what difference does it make who he pays? Now if we were to be told she sat around at home all day, and made no attempt to earn her salary, that would be different. As I understand it she is quite active and reasonably good at it.
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 13:40

I don't know about any girl friend, but putting his wife on the payroll as a staffer, is quite a normal thing for MP's to do. Some of them are of course married couples, and have a great deal of fun flipping second homes.

Nepotism is not a practice I greatly approve of but it isn't illegal, and when Clegg brought it up, thinking it was a cheap way of getting brownie points he had to accept that his wife did the job unpaid for some years.

No Farage is not my most favourite character either, but then I'm not exactly in love with Cameron, Clegg, Milliband, Bercow (look at his wife's capering) Nadine Dorries, Maria Miller, Jeffry Archer the list is almost endless.

All I want is a British parliament staffed by honest people. Their personal lives don't interest me except as they impact on their public lives. As I say what he is doing is not dishonest and someone has to do the job. As long as his wife is qualified enough, and capable enough what difference does it make who he pays? Now if we were to be told she sat around at home all day, and made no attempt to earn her salary, that would be different. As I understand it she is quite active and reasonably good at it.

I did read it was Nigel,s girlfriend but you know what the Press is like. I still don't like him and if he die win a seat before the Next election he would at least know more about the EU than any other POLITICIAN ,(ONE WHO IS SKILLED IN POLITICAL AFFAIRS!!). Go on Nigel stand in the other Nigels seat and win , then you will be equipped to lead your Party at the next Election .
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Mon 14 Apr - 16:07

Hi Panda

I have to say that you have wandered far off topic yourself now. I accept you told me off about doing it a couple of weeks back and you were quite right to do so. I started by mentioning this Nigerian who wants to set up a church here in medieval Britain aimed at smelling out child witches. As I say it's the sort of thing I would expect to find in Port Harcourt, not in Port of London
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 14 Apr - 17:24

I have to say that you have wandered far off topic yourself now. I accept you told me off about doing it a couple of weeks back and you were quite right to do so. I started by mentioning this Nigerian who wants to set up a church here in medieval Britain aimed at smelling out child witches. As I say it's the sort of thing I would expect to find in Port Harcourt, not in Port of London

I gave my opinion on Farage who will be part of the next Parliament if he keeps his share of the vote according to the latest poll.

As for your other comments , it will take a miracle if Britain ever wakes up to what is happening and a modest , honest, innovative Prime Minister who practices what he preaches  is voted in some distant future to bring the pride back to the people of Britain .

P.S. I couldn't comment on Witchcraft being practised in Britain because I know nothing of Witches except there are White & Black Witches., sorry.
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  katertaif Tue 15 Apr - 8:23

Good morning Panda

You say you know nothing of witches beyond there are black and white ones. That was my very point. I suggest without trying to be "smart" that you know as much about witches and witchcraft as this woman who wants to found a church on it here.

She has IMHO found a foolproof and sure fire way of making a comfortable living for herself, and her followers, out of the "dark age" beliefs of the people in that part of West Africa, and the misery of children, who like children the world over have limited means of defending themselves. In this case, none.

Knowing there is now a sizeable population of such people here , it seems a good time to make a bit more money and a much more comfortable style of living for herself here. As against Port Harcourt or Bonny Island or even Lagos.

In other words Panda, she can no more do the things she says she can than you or I. I repeat we do not want it here, we have advanced beyond that, and we do not need it back, whether imported from Nigeria or not. This, and any successive governments must start looking closely at the reasons why people claim to want to come here
katertaif
katertaif
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Warning :

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down