Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction

+5
kathybelle
dazedandconfused
almostgothic
mossman
Gobsmacked
9 posters

Go down

findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Empty findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction

Post  Gobsmacked Sat 3 May - 1:03

Updates
3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction

Seven years without our daughter, seven years without a big sister for Sean and Amelie. Sometimes we feel totally stuck for words. A lot of the time there are no words. Our situation seems as unbelievable as it did that very first night without Madeleine.

Whenever I find myself becoming paralysed with disbelief, unease, frustration or sadness, I have to refocus my mind on the positives, of which there are many.

The Metropolitan Police force continue to make encouraging progress in their investigation with new evidence being uncovered, fresh information coming in to the inquiry following appeals and subsequently, links being made between people and events. We are hugely grateful to the general public for continuing to support the investigation, especially those who have found the courage to come forward with information despite difficult circumstances. Whilst the MPS are cautiously optimistic of beginning enquiries on the ground in Portugal in the near future, we really hope that this will turn into a concerted effort from the Portuguese authorities as we know there is still a lot to do. Working together is key to the progress of the investigation and a Joint Investigation Team (JIT) could provide a more streamlined way of working with less bureaucracy. It may be seven years since we last saw Madeleine but the passing of further weeks and months as a result of unnecessary delays and barriers are not only frustrating, they are incredibly distressing. Each day without Madeleine and each day of not knowing is another day too many, regardless of how much time has already gone by.

May is an important month for all missing children and their families worldwide with May 25th being International Missing Children’s Day. This May is particularly special in the UK as a new enhanced Child Rescue Alert (CRA) system (to help find abducted and missing children in serious danger) is to be launched by the charity Missing People and the National Crime Agency. This system (based on the highly effective ‘Amber Alert’ in the USA) I believe, will help to save the lives of abducted children and ease the suffering faced by their families. It’s a very exciting step forward.

Throughout the whole month, the charity Missing People are running a ‘Forget-Me-Not’ campaign with several different ways for the public to get involved to help find missing children. One really important and simple way you can get on board is by signing up to the Child Rescue Alert. By registering, you will receive an alert with relevant information, by text or email, when a child is abducted in your area. This way you can join the search immediately and play a vital role in helping to find a child in danger. Please take a minute to visit www.childrescuealert.org.uk and sign up today. There are several other ways to help too – Take a look on www.missingpeople.org.uk.

It goes without saying, but needs to be said….We are grateful beyond words for the continued and unwavering commitment, help and love from all our faithful supporters. Thank you SO much for keeping Madeleine in your hearts.

SEVEN YEARS.
STILL MISSING.
STILL MISSED.
NEVER FORGOTTEN.
THANK YOU.

Kate

http://www.findmadeleine.com/updates/index.html
Gobsmacked
Gobsmacked

Number of posts : 26
Warning :
findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-13

Back to top Go down

findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Empty Re: findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction

Post  Guest Sat 3 May - 7:59

THANK YOU? What's that all about?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Empty Re: findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction

Post  mossman Sat 3 May - 9:33

Whenever I find myself becoming paralysed with disbelief, unease, frustration or sadness, I have to refocus my mind on the positives, of which there are many.

Disbelief and unease ? How are those feelings relevant to a parent with a missing child.

What "positives" are there ? Free ticket to Everton games ? Seven years down the road, no sign of her child, cadaver scent everywhere, funds running low, the once gullible masses are dwindling so the donate button is no longer being regularly clicked. She's some woman for one woman if there is a positive in this mess she and her husband have created.
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :
findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 3 May - 9:56

Kate has actually remembered the correct "abduction" date on her message to her loyal subjects this year. For at least the last three years she has "celebrated" on 2nd May.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  almostgothic Sat 3 May - 11:33

Iris wrote:THANK YOU?  What's that all about?

I was wondering about that too!
She's already thanked the supporters in the previous paragraph.
A bit of double-spacing wouldn't have gone amiss between the last THANK YOU and the rest of the upper case stuff. Otherwise it looks like she's thanking her daughter for being missing.

And at the risk of appearing pernickety, also this:

It goes without saying, but needs to be said ...

Pretzel logic, or just bad writing?
almostgothic
almostgothic
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2945
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-03-18

Back to top Go down

findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Empty 7th year anniversary

Post  Guest Sat 3 May - 21:55

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 3 May - 22:05

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-kate-3492628#ixzz30gUDSBSv

They really dressed for the occasion, particularly Kate!

Don't you just love that sneer on Gerry's face, probably because someone has - hurtfully and unhelpfully - brought a dog!
findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction BmvUdE4CYAAGLX8
 findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction 23324 

And where are the other 95 people? All I could see in those pictures were two scruffy McCanns, three other people and the wee dog.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  dazedandconfused Sat 3 May - 22:22

Not Born Yesterday wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-latest-news-kate-3492628#ixzz30gUDSBSv

They really dressed for the occasion, particularly Kate!

That's the overcome with grief look. A few years too late methinks.
dazedandconfused
dazedandconfused
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2101
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 3 May - 22:24

I wondered if that was Jane Tanner on the right!

I've been trying to find some actual film footage of the occasion to confirm that there were a hundred people there but no luck as yet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat 3 May - 23:38

On the one hand I find it inappropriate that they held this remembrance at the War Memorial. On the other hand maybe it was a "memorial". Did they by any chance mention the almost 200 school girls who were actually "abducted" in Nigeria? No, I didn't think so.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kathybelle Sun 4 May - 5:55

interested wrote:On the one hand I find it inappropriate that they held this remembrance at the War Memorial.  On the other hand maybe it was a "memorial".  Did they by any chance mention the almost 200 school girls who were actually "abducted" in Nigeria?  No, I didn't think so.

Good morning Interested and well said.  findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction 307691 

I found it disgusting that people were encouraged to use the War Memorial, as a focus for Madeleine's return.  They were encouraged to tie yellow ribbons around the memorial and bring floral and toy tributes, as soon as the news broke, that Madeleine had disappeared. The tributes began to rot and those who left the tributes, left others to clean up the mess.

I wonder why these people were not encouraged to use Madeleine's home as a focus for her safe return. If Madeleine was ever found alive, it would have been her home she returned to, not the War Memorial, which was erected to honour the dead.

In my opinion, there is only one reason why the McCanns arranged for this gathering at the War Memorial yesterday and it was the same reason, they never searched for Madeleine, when she disappeared.

http://www.itv.com/news/central/uk/

http://newsrender.barhashing.com/trend/Madeleine-Mccann-Disappearance

kathybelle
kathybelle
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 1696
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 4 May - 16:41

Let's be honest, the McCanns expected thousands to turn out, with flowers, toys etc and lay them in a big pile, like the first day. But nobody turned up. Look at it -
findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction Mccann
Some pictures from the missing people charity, carefully and symmetrically placed. Two vases of yellow tulips, again symmetrically placed. The matching green-and-yellow paper bows. All of it aligned up carefully for a display. And nothing else added, not even supermarket flowers or pound shop cuddly toys. Where are all the tributes from the "friends" and "well wishers"? Kate's made up that display herself, and nobody else could be arsed to contribute.

Poor Madeleine. The poor wee soul deserved so much more.  findmadeleine.com Updates 3rd May 2014 - Seventh Anniversary Since Madeleine’s Abduction 389741 

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  tanszi Sun 4 May - 16:50

iris I don't think that the display is any reflection on how people might think about Madeleine. after all it is 7 years now and many people have their own dire emotional memories of events in their own families to deal with and many left tributes and donated in the early days. why do the McCs have an expection that other people will join them in their memories.
tanszi
tanszi
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 3124
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 4 May - 16:55

Exactly Tanszi. Maddie wasn't Jewish but I still lit a Yahrzeit candle for her and left it burning for the required 25 hours. People remember in their own way. But this looked to me that the stage was set for a big event, and nobody bought into it. That's why it looks so empty and bare. It's not because people don't remember Madeleine, it's just that they are all sick fed up of the McCanns and their circus antics.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sun 4 May - 21:07

I find it outrageous that this family are allowed to use the War Memorial as a backdrop for their sideshow. The Memorial was probably erected close to 100 years ago to honour servicemen who died during the First World War and later the Second. Do the McCanns need local council permission to continue to do this? There must be a Veterans' Association in the area whose members should be objecting as well as relatives of the deceased servicemen. There must be another site in the area where the McCanns and those so inclined can gather to participate.
interested
interested
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 2839
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Sun 4 May - 21:48

Why the 2nd though....
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned Sun 4 May - 22:02

Very bad taste using the war memorial.Whats wrong with the church ?
Lioned
Lioned
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 8554
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 5 May - 8:56

Why do they have to take over everything,.

kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down