Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Missing Madeleine
Come join us...there's more inside you cannot see as a guest!
Missing Madeleine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk!

+9
Panda
malena stool
interested
fred
Ireland
almostgothic
kathybelle
Angelina
tanszi
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Empty Re: So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk!

Post  malena stool Sun 15 Jun - 19:27

So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 23324 Truthful book.... mossman....So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 307691  So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 23324 So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 613255 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Empty Re: So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk!

Post  malena stool Sun 15 Jun - 19:30

I was just having a sippers when I read that...... It's not very nice sneezing and choking on a tot of Grants.... So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 294124 
malena stool
malena stool
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Male
Number of posts : 13924
Warning :
So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100So Gerry DID "search" but he was drunk! - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Panda Mon 16 Jun - 8:33

I was just reading the article and used Google to translate one of the comments highlighted:-

Did you mean: Funny that after all these years still appear testimony what was then recalled the silence. Where rode this home? This testimony to be provided at the time of the events at the time, would have been valuable. "Fernando Viola June 15, 2014

It's true, why didn't this witness report at the time?
Panda
Panda
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 30555
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post  princess_leia Mon 16 Jun - 19:28

Interesting indeed. Can we tie this in with the news about the woman who saw Gerry on the beach I wonder?

All this and the delay in the lible trial, is Amaral about to pull an ace I wonder.
princess_leia
princess_leia
Elite Member
Elite Member

Number of posts : 421
Warning :

Registration date : 2010-03-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Roasted Arizona Mon 16 Jun - 20:01

I too can believe he was drunk. In fact I think that's part of the reason they dreamt up the abduction nonsense. Drunk and panicking, they thought up this scheme....seemed a good idea at the time, rather than face neglect charges. In the cold, sober, light of day, the genie was out of the bottle...and could never be put back in, hence the pantomime we are still witnessing.
Roasted Arizona
Roasted Arizona
Golden Poster
Golden Poster

Male
Number of posts : 719
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Jun - 20:05

Clarrie says the British papers better not repeat mr amarals claims.

At first I thought clarrie was talking About the claims in his book but now ....

New revelations as McCanns go all-out for €1 million in damages

As Gerry McCann was due to testify today (June 16) in the long-running civil action for defamation that he and wife Kate have taken out against former detective Gonçalo Amaral, damning new claims about his behaviour on the night three-year-old Madeleine disappeared have appeared in the Portuguese press.

On Sunday, the headline of a story carried by Correio da Manhã proclaimed “Gerry searched for Maddie drunk”, while in the evening the policeman whose inconvenient theory the couple is demanding over a million euros in damages for went on television to describe how a key witness had placed Gerry McCann on Luz beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but how that witness’ testimony has since been “wiped from police records”.

The first story hinged on an account from farmer and former fisherman Cândido Furtado who lives a short walk from Luz church overlooking the beach.

Furtado told journalists how he had seen Gerry McCann “totally drunk” calling Madeleine’s name in the street in the early hours of the morning after she reportedly vanished.

“The father was walking at 1am with a bottle of wine in his hand,” Furtado told CM.

“He was calling the child’s name outside my door, and I asked him ‘what kind of noise is this?’ He said: ‘Menina, menina, embora, embora’.”

Father and grandfather Furtado said he told Gerry McCann to call the police, and then went fishing.

But as CM adds, “he had no doubts that Gerry McCann was drunk”. “You could see it instantly, by the way he was walking,” he told the paper.

Intriguingly, hours later, former police inspector Gonçalo Amaral went on air on CMTV to say Gerry McCann had also been seen on the beach on the night Madeleine went missing - but that the witness who placed him there (a British tourist) had her testimony wiped from police records.

“We have tried to recover the testimony and the documents that related to it. They simply disappeared. Still today we don’t know who this person is, or where she is,” he told the news channel.

Even more intriguing perhaps is a letter received in The Resident offices today claiming that Madeleine’s body is indeed buried in Praia da Luz, but not in any of the places searched so far.

Madeleine will be found under a nearby driveway to a private house, “very possibly inside a missing carry all tennis bag", wrote South African investigator Martin Van Wyk, who maintains the truth lies with the Tapas 13 - not the Tapas 7 “as everybody was made to believe”.

Adding that he knows his email, sent to a number of news sources and investigating police, “will be pushed to one side”, Wyk advises recipients “do not delete it, as you will later refer back to it and be calling me”.

As we wrote up these developments, Sky News reported that Gerry and Kate McCann had not yet been able to give their “victim impact assessments” to the Lisbon court. There has been a “delay in the proceedings”.

Whatever happens today however will not lead to any instant verdict. The case, which was brought out against Amaral in 2009, will need “a few weeks” consideration before the judge contacts the legal teams on both sides with her final decision.
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  kitti Mon 16 Jun - 20:08

Is van Wyk a mate of Birch..
kitti
kitti
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Female
Number of posts : 13400
Warning :

Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post  mossman Mon 16 Jun - 20:16

kitti wrote:Is van Wyk a mate of Birch..

According to this, Wyk claims Birch stole his theory and is passing it off as his own. Who knew there would be two in the world. I had hoped Mr Birch was unique, for the safety of mankind.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/world/maddie-search-shrouded-in-controversy-1.1341247#.U59CAcu9KSM
mossman
mossman
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

Number of posts : 1639
Warning :

Registration date : 2011-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 16 Jun - 20:19

Roasted Arizona wrote:I too can believe he was drunk.  In fact I think that's part of the reason they dreamt up the abduction nonsense.  Drunk and panicking, they thought up this scheme....seemed a good idea at the time, rather than face neglect charges.  In the cold, sober, light of day, the genie was out of the bottle...and could never be put back in, hence the pantomime we are still witnessing.  

Actually, that makes a LOT of sense.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2